Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 11:31:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535021 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4455 on: November 19, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »

Shoes and a handbag then.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4456 on: November 19, 2011, 11:09:58 PM »

Did some more disassemble of the 620 but didn't get the heads pulled. I guess that will be done next week. Helped an old friend with a cold, hard start diagnosis on a Monster 1K twin spark. That might be a fuel pressure leak down but I'm leaning towards an oiled up starter or low battery although he thinks the battery should be good. Told him that an approx $200 charge to go through the fuel injection system at the dealer would not be ill spent money.

G did get a new purse/handbag.  laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4457 on: November 24, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »

Installed a new battery in the SF this morning, thanks MD!... waytogo

Also cleaned the bike and reinstalled the stock mirrors.  Bike looks much better now, the retro bar end mirrors just didn't match with the higher/wider than stock bars and bikini fairing.  Those type mirrors look better on a cafe racer or Monster type bike, rather than a modern naked... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4458 on: November 24, 2011, 04:06:56 PM »

Installed a new battery in the SF this morning, thanks MD!... waytogo

Also cleaned the bike and reinstalled the stock mirrors.  Bike looks much better now, the retro bar end mirrors just didn't match with the higher/wider than stock bars and bikini fairing.  Those type mirrors look better on a cafe racer or Monster type bike, rather than a modern naked... Grin

OK ... I've seen pics of SFs with bar end .. no no no ... Monsters ... yes, now even I have bar end mirrors on my Monster

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4459 on: November 24, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »

OK ... I've seen pics of SFs with bar end .. no no no ... Monsters ... yes, now even I have bar end mirrors on my Monster

SFs with the stock lower handlebars look decent with bar end mirrors such as the Rizoma Reverse Retros or CRG Hindsights, but when you put on a higher wider handlebar such as mine, it doesn't look right... boo

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4460 on: November 24, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »

SFs with the stock lower handlebars look decent with bar end mirrors such as the Rizoma Reverse Retros or CRG Hindsights, but when you put on a higher wider handlebar such as mine, it doesn't look right... boo

for me thej bar ends on that style of bike just don't mix ....

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4461 on: November 25, 2011, 05:15:02 AM »

What mirrors are they Gene?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4462 on: November 25, 2011, 07:10:31 AM »

What mirrors are they Gene?

The Napoleon bar end mirrors, same as Jing has on his Monster but in black...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4463 on: November 25, 2011, 08:02:54 AM »

Ah.  Yea, those are a bit big for that bike.  I think the new CRG Arrows would look good on a SF, or a SD for that matter, as they compliment the linear/angular nature of the bike.

teddy037.3
« Reply #4464 on: November 25, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »

I gotta agree, those particular mirrors just don't match.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4465 on: November 25, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »

I gotta agree, those particular mirrors just don't match.

Yeah, butt ugly...disappointed that none of my friends said anything, I guess it's like when you have bad breath, no one says anything cause they don't want you to feel bad... Grin

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4466 on: November 25, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »

Has anyone ever been to Pro Italia in LA?  I have a 6hr layover in LAX and trying to figure out if it's worth the 40 min jaunt to the store.

Gene, let me know if you need anything picked up while I'm in San Diego...should return Wed night.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:15:31 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4467 on: November 25, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »

I haven't been there but plenty on my money has.  If you go there tell it I said hi, and make sure they're treating it properly. Undecided

I will gladly pet their credit card machine and tell it you said hello.   Evil

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4468 on: November 25, 2011, 09:59:18 PM »

Yeah, butt ugly...disappointed that none of my friends said anything, I guess it's like when you have bad breath, no one says anything cause they don't want you to feel bad... Grin

Well, hell.  You were so happy and proud when you got them. Just like everyone else that spends time & money figuring out what mod they want to do and then going through doing it.  Who wants to rain on anyone else's parade?  Sometimes everything changes.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:44:24 PM by MacDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4469 on: November 25, 2011, 10:22:30 PM »

Well, hell.  You were so happy and proud when you got them. Just like everyone else that spends time & money figuring out what mod they want to do and then going through doing it.  Who want's to rain on anyone else's parade?  Sometimes everything changes.

well, on the one hand, the mirrors work. form follows function; nothing wrong there.

some just think they don't 'look right' on the SF

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: