Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 09:27:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534966 times)
teddy037.3
« Reply #4485 on: November 30, 2011, 06:59:55 AM »

Got recommended for MEB yesterday.

Multi-Ethnic Bananas?

Mastering Extending Batons?

Make Everything Brown?

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4486 on: November 30, 2011, 08:40:29 AM »

Got recommended for MEB yesterday.

At a crossroad are you?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4487 on: November 30, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »

Just a bit.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4488 on: November 30, 2011, 02:42:20 PM »

Hey fellow tropicalians ... today was sunny, wife starts vacations, diagnosed a Lambo Murcielago and got to drive it to test ... bad bad missfire, ECU was retarding timing almost 33° ... culpritm most probably bad fuel from sitting in very humid garage for almost 3 months ....

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4489 on: November 30, 2011, 11:13:15 PM »

Hey fellow tropicalians ... today was sunny, wife starts vacations, diagnosed a Lambo Murcielago and got to drive it to test ... bad bad missfire, ECU was retarding timing almost 33° ... culpritm most probably bad fuel from sitting in very humid garage for almost 3 months ....

Do you get to test drive it again with fresh fuel in the tank?... Evil

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...

« Reply #4490 on: December 01, 2011, 12:17:21 AM »

Thats why I never leave mine Lambo for more than a week or two between drives.
It's chore but...Its got to be done!! Dolph

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4491 on: December 01, 2011, 05:27:17 AM »

Do you get to test drive it again with fresh fuel in the tank?... Evil

It'll be done today ... this tank has to be taken out, it's a grey import so no special tool available ... it was 1/2 full or empty ... so either by this afternoon or tomorrow morning test drive should be possible ... although, heard owner say something about VP+reg fuel mix ... so, another possibility since it's know that race fuel have a 'shelf' live ....

Now, moving into 'old MB' ... got a customer who has a W123 300D, engine starts OK, idles OK, no smoke, black or white, but, once it's put into any gear, stalls, checked all vacumm lines an none seems to be knicked or broken or disconnected, any ideas?

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4492 on: December 01, 2011, 07:48:52 AM »

You saying vacuum canister is bad? ... Had no leaks or at least my MightyVac so said ... It held the presure for almost 10 hours

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4493 on: December 01, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »

Now, moving into 'old MB' ... got a customer who has a W123 300D, engine starts OK, idles OK, no smoke, black or white, but, once it's put into any gear, stalls, checked all vacumm lines an none seems to be knicked or broken or disconnected, any ideas?

It will not care a whit about any vacuum leak except if you try to shut it off and the vacuum valve that pulls the rack back is not working for some reason. ( In that case, it won't shut off. )

I would recommend the basics.  First check valve adjustment. I know that may sound weird but if the valves are tight that exact same symptom will show up. I chased that problem for a while on my car. Then check fuel filters, both of them, one inline at the injection pump & the tank screen filter for bacterial sludge clogging. I went through my fuel system real good before I moved onto the finding the tight valves. Cleaning the fuel system is always good and, if you are in a humid climate, then adding a biocide to the fuel tank is a must do every few months.

Let us know.

I'm replacing a broken window regulator in mine tonight.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:54:02 PM by MacDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4494 on: December 01, 2011, 10:15:08 AM »

Tks MacDuc, wil visit tomorrow

Carlos
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4495 on: December 01, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »

At a crossroad are you?
Multi-Ethnic Bananas?

Mastering Extending Batons?

Make Everything Brown?

I'm still lost here.  Medical something Board?  No, it wasn't MSB.  Hmm...

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4496 on: December 01, 2011, 02:33:38 PM »

It will not care a whit about any vacuum leak except if you try to shut it off and the vacuum valve that pulls the rack back is not working for some reason. ( In that case, it won't shut off. )

I would recommend the basics.  First check valve adjustment. I know that may sound weird but if the valves are tight that exact same symptom will show up. I chased that problem for a while on my car. Then check fuel filters, both of them, one inline at the injection pump & the tank screen filter for bacterial sludge clogging. I went through my fuel system real good before I moved onto the finding the tight valves. Cleaning the fuel system is always good and, if you are in a humid climate, then adding a biocide to the fuel tank is a must do every few months.

Let us know.

I'm replacing a broken window regulator in mine tonight.  Roll Eyes

I myself performed a maintenance service, replaced all filters, except transmission [this was done prior to me working the vehicle]; will empty tank to inspect tank filter  ... Can't find my W123 manual, so please refresh my memory, intake 0.10mm / exhast 0.15mm?

As for fuel additives we have a few from Sonax, one that comes from England and they say it's safe for gas and diesel[it's blue colored] so I'm lost there ... As said, will work on vehicle tomorrow

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4497 on: December 01, 2011, 10:50:40 PM »

I think exhaust should be 0.25mm, maybe even 0.30mm.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:56:49 PM by MacDuck » Logged

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4498 on: December 02, 2011, 05:00:48 AM »

I think exhaust should be 0.25mm, maybe even 0.30mm.

then intake I was correct? 0.10mm?

On my way to both vehicles, to Lambo, that's easy with the OBD diagnostics tool, and to the Merc with hand tools ! ! !

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4499 on: December 02, 2011, 08:43:17 AM »

then intake I was correct? 0.10mm?

On my way to both vehicles, to Lambo, that's easy with the OBD diagnostics tool, and to the Merc with hand tools ! ! !

With a cold engine intake is at 0.10mm and exhaust is at 0.30mm.  On my car anyway. There should be a sticker on the left top radiator support frame right above the left headlight. The specs are on the sticker.  Hope you have the special wrenches for the valve nuts!

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: