Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:33:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278393 times)
teddy037.2
« Reply #300 on: June 11, 2009, 06:40:35 PM »

gah.... so I'm driving home...

thinking about insurance quotes
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #301 on: June 11, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »

what sort of insurance quotes?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.2
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2009, 07:14:30 PM »

what sort of insurance quotes?

basket case 999 sorts of quotes
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #303 on: June 11, 2009, 07:16:21 PM »

niiiiiiiiiiiice

DRKWNG
« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2009, 07:46:50 PM »

Shouldn't be too much.  GEICO was going to charge me about $50 dollars a month for full coverage on that 996 that I was looking at when I first came to the islands, if I remember correctly. 
teddy037.2
« Reply #305 on: June 11, 2009, 08:55:29 PM »

don't get the panties too creamed, jebus...

I'm stupid broke these days, and another loan just for toys would be awful irresponsible on me
DRKWNG
« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »

Sell your soul?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2009, 11:26:27 PM »

I'm stupid broke these days, and another loan just for toys would be awful irresponsible on me

that is true.

so maybe i should buy it.  you know, while the wife is away.  tee hee.

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2009, 11:57:55 PM »

If yur gettin anything close to serius bout that we should get permission to do a bit of close inspection on that thing.  Depending on the title status you might not be able to get full coverage so insurance might be cheaper than you think. No need turbo already. I'd like to see you pull the trigger all the way hard and then tell me if you think you need more.  laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #309 on: June 12, 2009, 06:46:32 AM »

I ride the chick bike, remember? I don't think i'd need to do any engine work on a 999  Grin

Come to think of it two of the things I would have done had I kept that bike would have been to install a Nichols flywheel (more for chassis handling than engine revs but the revs would be bonus) and a Speedymoto water pump housing (for bling, the alleged increased cooling and because the side case would already be off to do the flywheel).

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2009, 08:21:50 AM »

If yur gettin anything close to serius bout that we should get permission to do a bit of close inspection on that thing.  Depending on the title status you might not be able to get full coverage so insurance might be cheaper than you think. No need turbo already. I'd like to see you pull the trigger all the way hard and then tell me if you think you need more.  laughingdp

ben's the one goading me into more hp's....

if he were selling it for 3, i'd have cash in hand. but I kind of need that cash. I suppose if I sold the chick bike....

grrrrr! no! bad thoughts!
DRKWNG
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »

ben's the one goading me into more hp's....

NOT TRUE!!!  You're the one that thought up the spooly turbine sweetness...

if he were selling it for 3, i'd have cash in hand. but I kind of need that cash. I suppose if I sold the chick bike....

grrrrr! no! bad thoughts!

That 999 was plenty comfy.  I think it would do fine as an only bike if you could deal with the heat it put out.
teddy037.2
« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2009, 01:19:31 PM »

NOT TRUE!!!  You're the one that thought up the spooly turbine sweetness...

sarcasm, son! I'd be, what... doubling up on hp? that's waayyyy enough for me!

the 620's shown it's enough to get me in trouble

That 999 was plenty comfy.  I think it would do fine as an only bike if you could deal with the heat it put out.

I know... the immediate impression pickin' her up of the stand was "shit, this feels like my bike!"
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #313 on: June 12, 2009, 02:14:36 PM »

I emailed the owner. He says it definitely has a clear title. No salvage title. He's willing to make a deal, whatever that is.

teddy037.2
« Reply #314 on: June 12, 2009, 04:46:19 PM »

I emailed the owner. He says it definitely has a clear title. No salvage title. He's willing to make a deal, whatever that is.

MY? milage?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: