Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 12:25:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278400 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #975 on: April 30, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »

Ran into a Ducless Majdi at SSD this afternoon...

So it's a little more than a simple bleeding.   boo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #976 on: April 30, 2011, 09:48:55 PM »

I was at the shop. Twice in fact. 10:30 to 1pm. Out to get safety check done on Hyper. Back a little after 1400 and then out around 1500 to 1530 thereabouts I reckon. zoom zoom

I guess I just showed up at the wrong time...1:30ish...Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #977 on: May 09, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »

Black MTS1200 on the SSD showroom floor...plus three S1000RRs with sold signs...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #978 on: May 09, 2011, 10:05:42 PM »

Glad that they are selling those BMW's but I still like mine better. That 1000RR is fast indeed and the transmission is great but apart from that, Meh. I started to find more things that I didn't like than things I liked.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #979 on: May 10, 2011, 01:25:33 AM »

Glad that they are selling those BMW's but I still like mine better. That 1000RR is fast indeed and the transmission is great but apart from that, Meh. I started to find more things that I didn't like than things I liked.

What was it someone said when I mentioned being underwhelmed with the BMW after riding Jason's?   cheeky

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
whackie

« Reply #980 on: June 03, 2011, 01:26:21 AM »

saw an SC at starbucks tonight.

also saw a bmw supermoto on the way home from work. he was headed onto schofield.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #981 on: June 16, 2011, 01:22:28 PM »

New Monster 1100 Evo at SSD with a SOLD sign on the seat...although not a fan of the newer Monsters, this one is a looker...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #982 on: June 16, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »

Hope I get to see it Saturday when I'm picking up parts. ( minor for the R1100S )

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #983 on: June 17, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »

Hope I get to see it Saturday when I'm picking up parts. ( minor for the R1100S )

Speaking of parts, what's needed for a bleed (clutch) job?  Do SSD sale the clear tubing or if there is a such thing like a bleeding kit?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #984 on: June 17, 2011, 11:05:55 PM »

Don't worry. Show up & you're covered. But know this.... if you are getting air into your clutch system then you have a leak.  Or did you buy a new slave? Or might you need a new slave? How about a used slave but in good shape? Am I getting ahead of things?

WillS

« Reply #985 on: June 18, 2011, 12:19:15 AM »

you can get air without a leak out
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #986 on: June 18, 2011, 04:12:31 AM »

Or did you buy a new slave? Or might you need a new slave? How about a used slave but in good shape? Am I getting ahead of things?

laughingdp laughingdp applause laughingdp laughingdp

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #987 on: June 18, 2011, 10:13:13 AM »

you have a leak.  Or did you buy a new slave? Or might you need a new slave? How about a used slave but in good shape? Am I getting ahead of things?

Now you're starting to sound like me!

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #988 on: June 18, 2011, 10:18:33 AM »

Don't worry. Show up & you're covered. But know this.... if you are getting air into your clutch system then you have a leak.  Or did you buy a new slave? Or might you need a new slave? How about a used slave but in good shape? Am I getting ahead of things?

His clutch fluid looks like used motor oil and he's having problems finding neutral...so I suggested a clutch bleed to start with... Grin

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #989 on: June 18, 2011, 11:03:22 AM »

His clutch fluid looks like used motor oil and he's having problems finding neutral...so I suggested a clutch bleed to start with... Grin

Indeed, we will see after today's exercise.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: