Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 31, 2024, 10:46:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to attract NEWBIES  (Read 3164 times)
PizzaMonster

2007 S2R800

« on: May 08, 2008, 08:25:51 AM »

I think this was touched on in another post in the tech section but I feel that it needs to be kept front and center in our priorities list.

When I first began thinking serously about buying a Monster I googled about for references to "Ducati Monster" and stumbled upon the DML site.  In the beginning, what kept me coming back was the excellent technical advice and honest opinions on each model of bike.  Once I got my bike, I kept returning to get information on the proper care and feeding of my beast and to learn the idiosyncrasies of the marque.

It was only after a few months that I got to enjoy the various personalities lurking about the place and got hooked.  I now appreciate the group as much as the content but it wasn't why I stayed in my early Ducati days.  IMHO it is totally imperative that we build our database of tech articles as quickly as we can in order to provide value to new members..

If anyone has posted good info on TOB (The Old Board) on anything .....from alternative parts sources, to a how-to article, to riding techniques or work arounds to coughing, sputtering or overheats....PLEASE try to dig up or remember those old posts and transplant them to this site.

I'd appreciate people's feedback on this one.  I think it's really important to our longer term success.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:27:50 AM by PizzaMonster » Logged

The Ducati Monster Forum - Time Well Wasted  :-)
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 08:33:59 AM »

^i agree completely with this statement^

i also think that anyone who posted up good tech stuff before has the right to go back and "review" their old posts to refresh the old brain..........and post it up here wt:

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:56:24 AM »

The forum--now or after the dust settles--should be open to viewing by guests without having to first register.  The only people who are going to find it right now and then take the extra step of signing up are those that are defecting from the DML.

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »

I don't have much to offer tech-wise except some basic info on fork springs & valve checking.  I can go write a review in the gear section of the Tourmaster stuff I picked up a couple months ago.  I'll go do that ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
ScottRNelson

Mr. Dual Sport Rider

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 10:22:46 AM »

So start asking questions in the Tech section and we'll start building up a bunch of answers.

At least right now, you don't have to worry about getting a reply of "search is your friend", or "we've already answered that more than a dozen times". Wink

Most of the good stuff is in response to good questions, not because someone just happened to feel like writing a long piece on carburetor tuning or sprocket selection.

Scott R. Nelson, 2001 XR650L, 2020 KTM 790 Adv R, Meridian, ID
ltnuke

695 / Comp Werks Chop / 14t / Low Termis / DP ECU

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 10:27:59 AM »

Actually, I heard of the DML because of a business card looking advertisement thing that my dealer gave me when I first bought my 695.  Had she not given me that advertisement card I may have never found the DML....

or even ever known about the tail chop.   wt:

We should do the same thing for the DMF and distribute them at dealerships.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: