Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 15, 2024, 09:23:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben Spies. F%^K YEAH! and maybe some spoilers  (Read 172488 times)
tufty

Where did my money go?

« Reply #510 on: August 14, 2012, 04:23:11 PM »

If she 'really' said what was on her mind without all the innuendo it would be great.

Name names...enough with all the code...

otherwise...

STFU Mary. Grin

Well said.  applause
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #511 on: August 14, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »

STFU Mary. Grin

I reserve the right to use that in any and all threads in R&T.  Wink

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
OT
Still Sweeping.....

'04 M1000 Janis - smartly dressed in red

« Reply #512 on: August 14, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »

I still think the whole thing's creepy....Ben's twenty-seven years old....

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:13:26 PM by OT » Logged
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #513 on: August 15, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »

Mary needs to stay home and mind the garden. The Ben is old enough to have his own professional manager and make his own decisions without Mom popping off. Funny, there was an eerie silence from her BS when The Ben raced for the Italian Yammyhammer team in the WSBK campaign of 2009 compared to her AMA days with the Yosh team. Always wondered if the Italians told her to STFU! laughingdp I know I would of... Grin

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #514 on: August 16, 2012, 10:09:46 AM »

Mary needs to stay home and mind the garden. The Ben is old enough to have his own professional manager and make his own decisions without Mom popping off. Funny, there was an eerie silence from her BS when The Ben raced for the Italian Yammyhammer team in the WSBK campaign of 2009 compared to her AMA days with the Yosh team. Always wondered if the Italians told her to STFU! laughingdp I know I would of... Grin

Well, he only raced a year with the team. Didn't leave mommy dearest much time to mouth off.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #515 on: August 20, 2012, 03:07:09 AM »

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/ben-spies-yamaha-motogp-100-percent-effort/

some interesting comments/insight as to why the Ben is leaving and this year with Yamaha...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #516 on: August 20, 2012, 08:11:05 AM »

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/ben-spies-yamaha-motogp-100-percent-effort/

some interesting comments/insight as to why the Ben is leaving and this year with Yamaha...

Definitely can see why he was upset before now... not sure if we'll get the whole story ever as burning bridges with Yamaha for Ben would probably be a bad move overall.

But it's just been killer recently seeing him finally perform at podium levels and then to see the bike fail over and over.  I cant really remember the last time I saw a factory prototype let go so many time in a row during the same season.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #517 on: August 20, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »

Ok, so we've seen 9 races so far? Of those he has had at least 4 issues equipment related, 3 directly related to the bike and one to tires. Why is it that he was struggling up to Laguna to get a decent setup? That bike has been bullet proof for 3 other riders!!

gm2

« Reply #518 on: August 20, 2012, 10:49:31 AM »

I cant really remember the last time I saw a factory prototype let go so many time in a row during the same season.

2006.  or nearly that many times.

Like this is the racing, no?
gm2

« Reply #519 on: August 20, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »

Ok, so we've seen 9 races so far? Of those he has had at least 4 issues equipment related, 3 directly related to the bike and one to tires. Why is it that he was struggling up to Laguna to get a decent setup? That bike has been bullet proof for 3 other riders!!

he hasn't had setup problems.  he's had shit breaking problems.

i mean, how many times has he crashed in a race of his own accord this year?  i can think of 1.

gm2

« Reply #520 on: August 21, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »

Mary:

Lin Jarvis and I spoke today. He was not able to be here at Indy. We shared our total disappointment and shock at the incredible and gut -wrenching year we have had to date. He was very sorry for Ben's crashes and the race mishap. I really wish people would stop saying ugly things. He has a family and he is respected in the race world for his years in his post.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #521 on: August 21, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »

In other words, it wasn't Jarvis, so leave him the make the beast with two backs alone.

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #522 on: August 31, 2012, 11:14:43 AM »

http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/2012/08/31/the_spies_enigma_where_will_ben_spies_be.html

current situational analysis

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
The Don

« Reply #523 on: August 31, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »

That is one sad story, a talent like that being punted around, what a joke. I truly feel for the bloke. Yamaha need a kick in the jewels.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something. - Plato
TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #524 on: September 04, 2012, 08:04:40 AM »

Rumor has it Spies will join Ducati on the Parmac Ducati......Story here (http://www.ductalk.com/).  We shall see how it all comes together.

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: