Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 06:00:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Riders  (Read 83028 times)
Tangerine Dream

« on: May 11, 2008, 04:25:20 AM »

I've asked Statler to start a club for us here on the DMF, but in the meantime I thought this would be a good place for us to meet and organize rides.  I thought it important since everyone is getting banned on the DML and I don't visit it anymore anyway.  So, let's ride  waytogo

P.S.  Who all has migrated here so far?  Post up and tell us what your old DML moniker was so we can recognize you  Cool

2008 S2R 1000, 2009 Ninja 250R, 2006 S2R (RIP)
factorPlayer

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 06:00:04 AM »

Almost everyone kept their handles the same. 

Except Emily.
NAK3D696

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:18:13 AM »

What up bud.   Get my 696 this weekend so Sunday give me a ring.
Hank

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »

I'm here.  Gammy was a nickname I had in 7th grade and my name at anti-rice before I got b&.
i figgered a name change was due  Tongue
SHADOWCHASER got here shortly after me

.... So... any plans for a ride?

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Current mods: K&N and removal of the intake silencers,  AFAM 14 tooth front sprocket.  Termignoni high mounts <---Best mod yet!, Evoluzione slave cylinder,
NEW: removed dinky plastic covers and emissions canister for moar n00dity!
"I like my women the way I like my roads; with plenty of curves!"
Massinova

Kiss my IZ_ butt

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:43:50 PM »

I'm in Tulsa and wouldn't mind an Okie Club here on DMF.  I too migrated from the old board.
Le Pirate

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 06:06:34 PM »

where are you guys all located? I'm only 10 minutes south of the border out near Lawton (i'm in Wichita Falls). the Texas guys in DFW are a little too far for me to meet with, but if any of you guys are in the west side of OK, I wouldn't mind riding up to hit some roads with you guys.

turnera

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 06:26:22 PM »

I, too, have migrated from the Ducati Monster List. Would like to ride with other Ducati riders in central Oklahoma. I'm in Edmond, am retired, and can ride pretty much anytime (though I'm 55 years old, a relatively new rider, and not very fast). I used the ID "turnera" on the DML and am using the same one here. I have a 2006 S2R1000. (Also have 5 other sport bikes, a Harley, and a Triumph T100 Bonneville.

--turnera
Count Desmo

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 07:03:15 PM »

Heya Trent! [moto]

I'm sure I'll be out in Tulsa for business, so I'll give you all a shout next time I'm headed for OK.
factorPlayer

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 08:00:43 PM »

whatever happened to SHADOWCHASER  Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

(note the emoticon tribute to him)
Hank

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 08:24:42 PM »

whatever happened to SHADOWCHASER  Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

(note the emoticon tribute to him)
He's a few miles ahead of us.  I'm sure he goes fast so he can scout ahead for cops  Police

I need to call the guy with the 748 and tell him about this place!

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Current mods: K&N and removal of the intake silencers,  AFAM 14 tooth front sprocket.  Termignoni high mounts <---Best mod yet!, Evoluzione slave cylinder,
Bill in OKC

S4Rs

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 01:09:13 PM »

I really am in OKC - lol - we ride down to Mt Scott and the wildlife reserve several times each year.  Eureka Springs when I can make it and just cruising around the city when the mood strikes.  Oh yeah - rode AMTRAK with Tangerine Dream down to the Cycle World show last year.

'07 S4Rs  '02 RSVR  '75 GT550  '13 FXSB  '74 H1E  '71 CB750
Tangerine Dream

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 03:19:16 PM »

Hey Factorplayer!  I don't think we've ever spoken, but I've heard Steve mention you many times (all good). On that note, Steve's around. He's selling Ducs here at the shop in OKC now. So he doesn't get as much free time as he used to.  Are you in OKC?  For some reason I'm thinking you're in Florida. Is that right? Either way, glad you're here. You're welcome to ride anytime  [moto]

Count Desmo! What's up brother? Grin  I look forward to your trip to Tulsa. Steve's been talking about a ride up that direction for a couple of weeks now. Just let us know when and we'll make a plan.  waytogo

Turnera, I can't wait to see your garage  Cool  Welcome. We try to post up here whenever we are going on a Saturday or Sunday, but a few of us just call each other all the time on the last minute stuff. Gammy and I just got back from a two hour romp around town.  Evil

Le Pirate, welcome. Most of us are located here in the OKC metro area. But we make the run to Mt. Scott almost once a month it seems like. We would love to have you join us  Smiley

Massinova, welcome.  As you can see, we are trying to get up your direction sometime soon. Watch the board and we'll give you as much notice as possible.

Nak3d696, sorry we missed you on Sunday  Cry, Did you take delivery of the new Monster yet?  Post up pics and your impressions so far please  Grin

Hey Bill!  How you been?  I see Rodney all the time, but have not got to ride with him in some time.  Tell all the boys hello for me and hope to see you guys soon. chug

2008 S2R 1000, 2009 Ninja 250R, 2006 S2R (RIP)
SHADOWCHASER
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 06:29:50 PM »

WOW........Trent said there had been some activity, but I had no idea. Grin

Looks like everyone has made it over in good shape, and as for myself well........the Dealership keeps me hopping pretty much all day everyday except for Sundays. Roll Eyes  Then its a compromise between my time and time with the girlfriend and/or my Daughter.

I'm not complaining though, life has been pretty good lately.  Just wish I had more time to ride and or hang  with my friends and fellow Ducatisti aside from selling the bikes. Embarrassed

Think I'll be hitting Randy up for two days off a week as opposed to one. laughingdp

Any new riders in the area can always come by the shop.  I'm there most of the time.  Trent and Marcie have been wonderful in coordinating the few groop rides we've been able to get togeather. Grin  Lord knows I've given as many new Ducatisti his number as I have mine.......Sorry Bro. laughingdp cheeky

Factorplayer when are you going to get up for a ride sometime, or better yet if you could put a few of us up for a night a weekend trip to ride down in the Beautiful Texas Hill country could be an Awesome shin ding. waytogo   Just need about a month in advance to plan it right and get the biggest rider turnout. [moto]

BTW;  Anyone other than myself, and possibly Count Desmo planning on attending "DiR" Ducati in the Rockies this year??? Undecided

Hank

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 06:38:50 PM »

BTW;  Anyone other than myself, and possibly Count Desmo planning on attending "DiR" Ducati in the Rockies this year??? Undecided

The what?  Sounds like it would be fun going through the Rockies.  Depending on when and how long it is, I might consider going.  I love vacation, I just hate using my vacation time!  Cry

'00 Monster 750 Dark
SHADOWCHASER
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 07:03:18 PM »

The what?  Sounds like it would be fun going through the Rockies.  Depending on when and how long it is, I might consider going.  I love vacation, I just hate using my vacation time!  Cry

Ciao Markus. Smiley

It's basicly a three to four day weekend in mid August.   Awesome Roads (Think Switzerland in the U.S.) waytogo , and even better people! [moto] [moto] [moto]

Just be sure to take some rain gear, the mountains make their own weather and periodic showers are normal that time of year.

Trent and I have talked about it with his neighbor with the big bike hauling motorcoach.  With as few as Six of us it could be a very plush and fairly inexpensive weekend you'll be telling your friends about for years to come. Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: