Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 01:57:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/25/2009 AMS-A Ride!  (Read 13507 times)
calscrazy

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2009, 04:54:10 PM »

was the goldwing yellow? what time was it? if it was our parts and service director for all the dealers you could've........nevermind. we didn't get out of my store until 2 and pretty sure dodge and nissan were still counting. can you believe i keep $600k worth of parts. sell $250k a month. pick-up from roughly 7 diff vendors. have 6 guys and he is griping because somehow we are missing $3k worth. sorry i missed it.

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
muskrat

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2009, 05:18:35 PM »

Well, I'm glad the time change pushed the start back. i was having a moment of reality there for a moment. for me personally this was a most enjoyable ride. Thanks Tommy for putting this together and doing a fine job of leading. Really good to see Andy and John (my bad, I was thinking Ashok for some reason) again enjoyed catching up with you guys. CJ and Dan, always enjoy riding with you guys.  ***, really glad to see you on the ST4s again! I'm going guess about you passed me on the straight at around 140-150? Right? he he he..... looked like you were just out for a stroll. It was very cool to see the Honda RC51 that rolled up to the red light at one those dots on the map we passed through.

After I split from the group back to the house, I took off around W 820 with some dude on a new Goldwing on my tail. We entered into the lanes at around 80 or so. Ater I shifted into 4th looked back and he was still on my tailight at 95! So I twisted the right wrist back and grabbed 6th both together still. I looked down at the speedo and saw that he finally backed out around 135. Damn! Those birds can fly! I then looked across the median at some bikes coming into view and noticed a RED ST4s or 1098 staring back at me followed closely by a black SBK of some kind, after that a white 848 and a Gixr. I thought for a moment it might have been Bryant, Brian and RichD. Anybody out that way this afternoon ?

All in all a great day for a final day of riding for the next two or so months. Hmmmm... I wonder if Cyclone might want to keep the battery charged by riding RED for a while? At least that way he could feel like a real Ducatisti. Can't wait till I can ride with you all again. Smiley

don't race the Wing....they win every time.  It's impressive how good those things are.  My next cruiser will be a Wing  [moto]

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Samsonite

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2009, 06:05:57 AM »

Thanks everyone for an awesome ride  waytogo I have to say that 157 to 916 has got to be the best combination of roads in the area.  I highly recommend this ride to all.  Unfortunately I was having issues with the video camera and was only able to get a little bit on 916 and the 2nd half of 917  Huh?  Oh well, I'll edit it and post it tonight.  *** always a pleasure attempting to keep up with you.  bacon

Suzuki DS 80   Suzuki SP 125   Suzuki GSXR 1000   Ducati M600   Ducati SC 1000   Ducati S4R 1000   Ducati PS1000LE   Ducati 1098S   Yamaha YZFR 1000   Yamaha YZFR 600   Ducati Sport 900   Yamaha YSR 50   Triumph Daytona 600   2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2009, 07:40:44 AM »

Cool!  Glad it was a fun time  waytogo
TresGatos

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »

You know there is something about a yellow moto (at least for me)

Nice R6, Cher's 999, and ***'s yellow can really scoot!

'65 Honda CM91 - '98 Suzuki DR650 - '08 695+mods - '08 Hypermotard 1100S
RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »

was the goldwing yellow? what time was it? if it was our parts and service director for all the dealers you could've........nevermind. we didn't get out of my store until 2 and pretty sure dodge and nissan were still counting. can you believe i keep $600k worth of parts. sell $250k a month. pick-up from roughly 7 diff vendors. have 6 guys and he is griping because somehow we are missing $3k worth. sorry i missed it.

The bike was shiney white with chrome along the edges of the fairing. It was a new model. The guy riding had a gray one-piece riding suit with an open face gray helmet with the microphone stuck around front. This all took place right around 1:30ish on the far west side of Ft. Worth going north on 820W. He kept up with me till we hit about 130. I was very impressed at the bike and his riding. But the other Ducs saw us their heads were turned I could tell. Didn't look too long at that speed!  Shocked
RED
carries my

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »

don't race the Wing....they win every time.  It's impressive how good those things are.  My next cruiser will be a Wing  [moto]

Thing was I wan't racing! I had gotten up on the fwy and just looked back for a second and there he was at 95 looking at me! We stayed like that for a couple more seconds and I thought he wanted to see us go, so......  Grin  we did. I did get the feeling that he could have gone some more though. He just may not have had that confidence to do so. Nor was he geared up to do so. I'm sure he's used to seeing the white stripes go by a little slower.
muskrat

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2009, 12:03:39 PM »

Thing was I wan't racing! I had gotten up on the fwy and just looked back for a second and there he was at 95 looking at me! We stayed like that for a couple more seconds and I thought he wanted to see us go, so......  Grin  we did. I did get the feeling that he could have gone some more though. He just may not have had that confidence to do so. Nor was he geared up to do so. I'm sure he's used to seeing the white stripes go by a little slower.

saw a cop on a wing chasing a squid at well over 130 mph.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
RED
carries my

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2009, 02:39:25 PM »

saw a cop on a wing chasing a squid at well over 130 mph.

Well, I keep thinking of that vid of the wing on Dragons Tail that you showed us at your Christmas Party. I have a new respect for them that is for sure. I'm with ya about a next cruiser being a wing. Thay know how to do it....in styyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: