Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 02:11:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multistrada Re-construct -- DONE  (Read 75583 times)
Roscoe

« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2009, 06:33:16 AM »

This may have been mentioned, but how about open belts instead of paint? I'm assuming you won't be riding in weather like it's been lately.

I feel your pain, I'm located not to far from you. Downpour the first half of the day, then sun the next, mixed with a little snow here and there...  Huh? Huh?
Triple J
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2009, 07:37:30 AM »

This may have been mentioned, but how about open belts instead of paint? I'm assuming you won't be riding in weather like it's been lately.

I feel your pain, I'm located not to far from you. Downpour the first half of the day, then sun the next, mixed with a little snow here and there...  Huh? Huh?

I considered it, but there's been at least one instance here of a belt catching a rock and being damaged...leading to engine damage. I believe it was Magnus' bike? It would look great, but too much risk for me. I may get the Rizoma window covers though.

I hear ya on the weather. I wanted to ride the 848 today...but it was about 30 this morning. No thanks...no heated grips on that bike.  Cry
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:26:13 AM by Triple J » Logged
MikeZ

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2009, 07:45:07 AM »

Amazing build waytogo waytogo

'03 M1000Sie (in need of a bath), '71 Honda CB500 (the Project), '10 Tiger (the tourer)
NAKID

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:42 AM »

I considered it, but there's been at least one instance here of a belt catching a rock and being damaged...leading to engine damage. I believe it was Markus' bike? It would look great, but too much risk for me. I may get the Rizoma window covers though.

I hear ya on the weather. I wanted to ride the 848 today...but it was about 30 this morning. No thanks...no heated grips on that bike.  Cry

With that logic, there's been plenty of people here that ride and have wrecked, yet you still ride...

That ONE bike is the only one I've ever heard of that had open belt covers and had a rock work it's way in and damage. I think the risk is minimal...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Triple J
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2009, 08:29:27 AM »

With that logic, there's been plenty of people here that ride and have wrecked, yet you still ride...

That ONE bike is the only one I've ever heard of that had open belt covers and had a rock work it's way in and damage. I think the risk is minimal...

Maybe...I'd rather not risk it though. I'm not saying people shouldn't run them open, just that I don't want to.

Keep in mind also...I'm in Seattle and this bike will be ridden in the rain.
A.duc.H.duc.

944 ist sehr gut!

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2009, 08:44:57 AM »

Very nice bike man!

I love the modded stroodles.  waytogo

Justin

"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator."
Roscoe

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2009, 09:19:36 PM »

Maybe...I'd rather not risk it though. I'm not saying people shouldn't run them open, just that I don't want to.

Keep in mind also...I'm in Seattle and this bike will be ridden in the rain.
Thats a key point. Good for you on braving our shi**y weather and shi**y drivers.
Personally, I couldn't spend the time to build a nice bike, then ride it in the rain. But to each his own. chug  Vino!

Its just a machine after all...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:22:38 PM by Roscoe » Logged
Triple J
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »

Another update:

The exhaust is complete. Besides the small Competition Werkes can, there is a baffle in the pipe just before the can so the system is about as loud as it was before with the Remus GP Race full system. Not bad at all. Turned out pretty much exactly like I was visualizing it.  waytogo

edit: kind of a weird angle to be looking at exhaust with the bike on the trailer. The header is much more prevalent in this view as compared to when the bike is on the ground. Oh well.   Tongue

For those interested, here is a shot of the new battery box under the seat. It's been installed for a couple weeks, but I just hadn't taked a picture yet. The battery is an Odyssey so it can be mounted on its side.

The bike runs now and is complete except for the taillight assembly, the bracket for which is currently being fabbed. That will fill most of the open space in the back of the bike. Next shots should be of the completed project!  Grin Grin
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:28:44 PM by Triple J » Logged
weemonster
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2009, 03:50:12 AM »

OMG.

Thats very nice.

big chunky multistradas don't float my boat but its amazing what loosing the fairings does.
damianS4RS

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2009, 03:56:52 AM »

SCHWEET!
pitbull

« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2009, 03:57:37 AM »

Wow............it looks fantastic..........it really has everything I love about the naked monster, but totally unique

as for the open belt covers, I've run my monster that way for a few years through all kinds of weather and I did end up having to replace a couple of belt rollers as the started to seize up from the constant exposure to the elements........so I think belt covers are a wise choice

01 monster 900ie cromo, 01 ST4
Roscoe

« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2009, 07:10:45 AM »

Me likey!  drink
grandpa nate
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2009, 07:23:03 AM »

Very well done!!!!  drink
minnesotamonster

« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »

Love the shorty can. Looks awesome. Only suggestion would be to paint/powdercoat the headlight brackets black.

Awesome work  bow down

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
Triple J
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2009, 10:28:55 AM »

Love the shorty can. Looks awesome. Only suggestion would be to paint/powdercoat the headlight brackets black.

Awesome work  bow down

Thanks!

I've come to the same conclusion on the headlight bracket. It will be painted, along with a couple other ones, this weekend.  waytogo
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: