Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 26, 2024, 06:11:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6058 6059 [6060] 6061 6062 ... 14344   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official "Say Anything" Thread  (Read 7329483 times)
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #90885 on: July 30, 2011, 06:43:10 AM »

working on that.
it's just all too fresh right now and i don't want to take the first piece of ass that comes along unless she's the same quality or better. then i will just feel worse.

Drink more.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #90886 on: July 30, 2011, 06:49:57 AM »

Morning peeps. Sunny day here in Seattle. Tonight is the Seafair Torchlight parade!  Blue Angels next week and hydroplane races too.  Summer has finally arrived. I will be spending more time on my bicycle...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #90887 on: July 30, 2011, 06:55:56 AM »

Gimme some time. I want an actual keyboard to reply.

No problem ... Just sign in to get to the measuring programm's motorcycle values  while frame is rigged up on it ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #90888 on: July 30, 2011, 07:26:46 AM »

love the mods kev!

Grin

That bike looks like it wants to murder you now.

Well, not you specifically.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #90889 on: July 30, 2011, 10:31:22 AM »

So this car just pulls in the driveway.

It's the old guy that ran over the kitty...yeah old even compared to me.

He's wearing a short sleeve button shirt and a cap. He climbs out of the car and says hello and I introduce myself. We shake hands. He tells me his name and informs me he was the guy that killed our kitty. I wasn't home when it happened. I told him that T had just told me who he was when he pulled in and it was OK. It wasn't his fault.

He thanked me, but continued to be very concerned about what had happened and said that years ago he lost his kitty and a little 5 year old girl gave him something to help him with his loss. He asked if I would let him give it to me. He said it would make him feel better. I told him of course and thanked him. It was a stuffed animal...a reddish brown cat. I continued to tell him it wasn't his fault. It really wasn't much comfort to him. By this point I'm getting a bit weepy.

We continued talking. He told me how he was traveling this road 2 or 3 times a day because he was visiting his wife at the local nursing home. She had Alzheimer's and he couldn't care for her any more. He told me how people would get impatient with him because he was traveling the speed limit and how he didn't feel comfortable going any faster. He admitted to not being as sharp as he used to be. He is still visibly shaken. He then tells me how another cat...a black one ran in front of him right after he ran over our cat.

The whole time he's talking he's teary eyed...not because of his own troubles, but because of the guilt of running over our kitty. He saw the neighbor cat running across and slowed down...he never saw our cat until it was way too late.

He turned to leave and said thank you again for letting him make his gesture saying there must have been a reason that little 5 year old girl gave him that stuffed kitty all those years ago. I invited him to stop by any time. He thanked me again.

I don't know why I'm even telling you guys this...you probably don't care...it should probably go in the NOGAS thread.

This frail old man's actions touched me pretty strongly. He wasn't worried about his own troubles. He was concerned about taking someone's pet from them and it was almost more than he could bear. He didn't only stop when he ran the cat over. He came back to apologize again...to make a small gesture...and he hadn't done a thing wrong. A man with troubles of his own far more serious than a cat.

To Bob...that's his name. You're a gentleman the likes of which don't walk this rock too often. It was my pleasure to meet you. I wish it could have been under different circumstances.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #90890 on: July 30, 2011, 10:35:51 AM »

Being human used to mean thinking about the concerns of others above your own.
It no longer means that, or we as a society are becoming less human.
Thank you for posting that, it shows that quality is still out there albeit a quality that is dying off with the populace that held it in higher regard.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #90891 on: July 30, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »

I don't have the words.

Sorry Nate.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #90892 on: July 30, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »

That's the best thing I've heard about in a long time. 

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #90893 on: July 30, 2011, 10:59:15 AM »

thanks bob for being a human and restoring a bit of faith in the race

and thanks nate for telling us. that has made me feel so much better.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #90894 on: July 30, 2011, 11:14:18 AM »

That's the best thing I've heard about in a long time. 

That's a big 10-4 to that.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #90895 on: July 30, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »

Wow.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #90896 on: July 30, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »

Thanks for sharing that DP...stand-up people are in way short supply in my zone...

nice to be reminded they still exist out there...

sorry about the cat...pets are family members for a lot of us

This is an insult to the Pez community
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #90897 on: July 30, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »

Thanks for sharing that DP...stand-up people are in way short supply in my zone...

nice to be reminded they still exist out there...

sorry about the cat...pets are family members for a lot of us
...and like family members...

some you really like and the rest...

well... Grin

I'm really OK about the cat. It's too bad, but the dumb little make the beast with two backser shoulda stayed out of the road.

I feel bad for Bob. I truly do. He didn't need the extra burden in his life.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #90898 on: July 30, 2011, 02:23:19 PM »

Nate,

I do know what he's feeling ... I had to tell a neighbor last weekend her dog ws ran over ... The pup dug a hole under the fence and escaped ...

ML, thanks for advice.

Anyone from SoFLA? I'll be arriving there inless than 20 hours ... have no place to watch F1 race ....

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #90899 on: July 30, 2011, 02:27:55 PM »

Nate,

I do know what he's feeling ... I had to tell a neighbor last weekend her dog ws ran over ... The pup dug a hole under the fence and escaped ...

ML, thanks for advice.

Anyone from SoFLA? I'll be arriving there inless than 20 hours ... have no place to watch F1 race ....
You should pm Carlos...uhhh...duccarlos.

perspective

Pages: 1 ... 6058 6059 [6060] 6061 6062 ... 14344   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: