Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 09:04:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sato for S4RS arrived (pics)  (Read 14504 times)
S4RSSS

« on: May 15, 2008, 03:34:12 PM »

UPDATED May 28, 2008: So I've now put on about 100 miles into the rearsets and everything is great and functioning properly. I really don't feel much difference in the shifting. I'd say it's very similar in shift action and same amount of pressure needed to up/down click as the stock rearsets required. (I've read some say they feel a more firm or positive shift, but I always ride with my A* boots on so the difference in feel may not be there for me)

I do notice the .5" to .75" in rise-and-back repositioning though, but since I've only ridden on highway and to the local starbucks so far, I can't comment much on the good/bad in the new height. I'll have an answer for that when I hit the the twisties (aka Hwy.9 for the Mobsters) this weekend or next.

Also, the heel guards (both left and right) are a little distracting to me. I was really use to having nothing there before and I really like turning in my heels - to the point where my boots were basically touching the swingarm. I may end up tossing the shifter-side heel guard later, but the brake-side cannot be removed since the master cylinder needs all the protection it can get.

(pics of post install still to come)

I ordered these yesterday and it's here already. Just thought I'd post some pics...

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:14:34 AM by S4RSSS » Logged
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 04:12:07 PM »

ooh...very nice!

do you mind telling us what you paid and where?

S4 Foggy- tires, battery...
'04 BMW Boxer Cup Replika (R1100S)
BE WATER
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »

Sato looks the best.
Do you know if the missing elastic bushing will cause any vibration "problems"? I mean, have you heard anything about it?
Is there a provision for the brake light switch on the Sato?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
duc996

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 06:08:56 PM »

That is tempting,really nice.Price?

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
c_rex

Quick! Into the transmogrifier!

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 07:53:48 PM »

That is tempting,really nice.Price?

get on the phone and tell them you want to order the heal guard for the right side.  I had mine in 3 days.  great people they are.

"It ain't cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkHHsoKRP8&eurl=http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/
S4RSSS

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 08:58:29 PM »

These were purchased from the local dealer in Mt. View, California where I bought my bike, $520 + tax.
S4RSSS

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »

Sato looks the best.
Do you know if the missing elastic bushing will cause any vibration "problems"? I mean, have you heard anything about it?
Is there a provision for the brake light switch on the Sato?

what missing elastic bushing?? i don't know anything about a missing bushing, but the kit came with a bag of parts/hardware that includes several plastic spacers. it also came with a wiring kit for the brake light.

Quote from: c_rex
get on the phone and tell them you want to order the heal guard for the right side.  I had mine in 3 days.  great people they are.

how much for that?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:11:12 PM by S4RSSS » Logged
COWBOY

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »

do the Sato's allow for adjusting the peg down and back?

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
S4RSSS

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »

do the Sato's allow for adjusting the peg down and back?

i believe the most down-forward position is closest to stock setup. from there, it only goes back and up.
Spider
Ozmonsters: degenerating nicely since 2008

I may be long, but I fold up nicely

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

fricken nice!

of course we need 'after installation' pictures...and...then a ride review; the complete experience.

well done  waytogo
Capo

You Are What You Is

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 02:50:14 AM »

From these pics, it would appear that these rearsets do away with any form of vibration isolation.
The std and cycle cat rests have rubber isolation between the bracket and the engine and the afore mentioned elastic bushing at the swing arm pivot shaft connection.

Capo de tuti capi
JDS 07 S4Rs

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 05:03:30 AM »

Hopefully yours are a matching set. Mine & a few others seem to have been mis-matched. Right side foot peg seems to be about 1/2 inch higher then left side at identical settings.

2007 S4RS
2007 1098S Salvage Title (that's it. NO MORE BIKES)
02 GSXR 750 Trackbike - Ins Write/off
06 ZX636R Trackbike  - Ins Write-off (I couldnt help it, the price was right)
2003 BMW 1150R
2004 450 YZ
&,,, a few others :-)
BretMorris

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 05:15:50 AM »

Hi all,

I have been reading with interest all the threads about rear sets and was wondering from those who have done the upgrade what do they think the real positive benefits are?  Looks, adjustment options for comfort, performance of operation?  Or a combination of a few other things.  They certainly arent a cheap bling option, and given the engineering I suspect it is a lot about function.

So enlighten me please.

Bret
ICON
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 08:01:38 AM »

what missing elastic bushing?? i don't know anything about a missing bushing, but the kit came with a bag of parts/hardware that includes several plastic spacers. it also came with a wiring kit for the brake light.

how much for that?

This is what I posted on the "OTHER" forum:

"I though I would share my findings... I was having an issue with my Sato right rearset and the lack of Heal guard. My boot was rubbing on the brake extension that Sato provided. It was rubbing and finally worn through exposing some wires... I looked around my garage for some carbon or some metal I could use to protect the brake cylinder, but with no success.

The Sato Racing rear set does not come with a heal guard for the S4RS, since the stock exhaust is there with some carbon heal plate on the pipes. Well, some of us have removed the exhaust and are running with just the bladder...

I called Sato (CAli-TEL 831-899-1822) and ordered a Black Heal guard off a 998. In looking at the picks off their website that heal guard looked the best. Anyhow, they sent me one with the part number - HEEL GUARD #6 BLACK. For all I know this is the same one as the left heal guard on my S4R. I do not really care since it works and looks nice... Finally, the right side looks finished. It seemed as if something was missing. They provided me with some longer screws too. I did not ask for them either, but I was going to need them. That was cool!!!

Hope this helps anyone here. Ride safe...

Oh, the Heal guard came to $57.11, with tax... "

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:12:27 AM by ICON » Logged
c_rex

Quick! Into the transmogrifier!

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 08:06:35 AM »

yup- what ICON said  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"It ain't cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkHHsoKRP8&eurl=http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: