Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:56:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sato for S4RS arrived (pics)  (Read 14503 times)
S4RSSS

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 11:16:45 AM »

Thanks Icon and C_Rex... I've contacted my dealer and they're going to call Sato to check/order for me.

From your photos, I see exactly what you mean. I really like to ride with my heel turned in toward the swingarm and that would definitely cause a problem.

PHI

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 05:50:54 PM »

From these pics, it would appear that these rearsets do away with any form of vibration isolation.
The std and cycle cat rests have rubber isolation between the bracket and the engine and the afore mentioned elastic bushing at the swing arm pivot shaft connection.

I was curious about this when I installed my rearsets. I figured it wouldn't be such a big issue since no one really complained about the Sato's rearset.

After a few rides in the canyon I noticed my left rearset was vibrating a bit but didn't think much of it. Prior to the next trip out into the canyons I did an inspection around the bike and noticed the main bolt that held the rearset snapped. I tighten the bolt at about 55Nm. Which I got from the S2R workshop manual. When the new bolt came in I tighten it to the same spec of 55Nm. Took it out for a spin and noticed the same vibration but this time it was very minute.  I also found out the rear swingarm was not traveling much. It was really stiff. No wonder it was a bumpy ride. The recommended torque setting was too tight restricting the swingarm from moving freely.  I dropped the torque setting down to about 30Nm and all is well. No broken bolts and the swingarm is moving.

So do not over tighten this bolt!

Here are a few photos.

pjd

'07 S4Rs -- '99 M944

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 05:01:21 AM »

hi all--first post in THE forum.  glad to be here.
anyone know who might have a set of sato's for the SxR in stock...tried a few places to no avail.
thanks!

PHI

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 09:51:09 AM »

You can try contacting Dan Kyle. He's one of the distributors for Sato Racing

Dan Kyle: dan@kyleusa.com
Telephone
(831) 394-1330
(866) 667-4925 Toll Free
c_rex

Quick! Into the transmogrifier!

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »

or maybe call Sato directly? 

"It ain't cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkHHsoKRP8&eurl=http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/
rubinj21

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 02:11:28 PM »

If you call Dan Kyle he normally keeps lots of spares in stock at all times. I ordered a set of these and need to get them put on tonight. Definately a work of art.
JDS 07 S4Rs

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 06:15:17 PM »

Curious,,,,,,,,What ever happened to the Mis-matched height settings on the Sato Rearsets for the S4Rs?

2007 S4RS
2007 1098S Salvage Title (that's it. NO MORE BIKES)
02 GSXR 750 Trackbike - Ins Write/off
06 ZX636R Trackbike  - Ins Write-off (I couldnt help it, the price was right)
2003 BMW 1150R
2004 450 YZ
&,,, a few others :-)
asado

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 06:48:26 PM »

Curious,,,,,,,,What ever happened to the Mis-matched height settings on the Sato Rearsets for the S4Rs?

Never got an e-mail response from CA Cycleworks... 

JDS 07 S4Rs

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »

Hmmmmm. I did phone Kyle's Racing about a month ago. They phoned back & said that the Sato Rep/wharehouse was closed. They suguested that I take Pics of my bike showing measurements & discrepancies. I havent bothered yet,,,,,,,,,,maybe cause I am lazy,,,or ,, just got use to it.

2007 S4RS
2003 BMW 1150R
2004 450 YZ
S4RSSS

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 10:12:05 PM »

i picked up my right-side heel guard (part #6) today from the dealer and it's identical to the left side. thanks again for the part number, icon.

i'm going to install it this weekend so i'll be sure to take some before and after measurements of the height of each side.
S4RSSS

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 05:44:24 AM »

Install is complete and there's a PROBLEM!

All the hardware is on and I installed the brake light assembly that came with the Sato kit and then continued to bleed the brake, but to no avail. All the air bubbles are out of the pump hose and yet there is barely any resistance/pressure from the lever. I tried several times bleeding the brake but it doesn't get "stiff" enough - I can still spin the rear wheel with my hands when I apply pressure  to the pedal. Just to be sure the brake fluid bleed kit was working properly, I tried bleeding the brakes on the Honda 600RR and it worked without any issues at all.

Also, the brake light does not work when I apply pressure to the pedal. BUT I think that has to do with the resistance in the cylinder. Since there's really no resistance, the light adapter isn't being activated. I'm guessing this is a correct assumption?

Has anyone had problems bleeding the rear brakes after installing the Sato kit, using the light adapter? Any suggestions?

asado

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 06:19:05 AM »

Install is complete and there's a PROBLEM!

All the hardware is on and I installed the brake light assembly that came with the Sato kit and then continued to bleed the brake, but to no avail. All the air bubbles are out of the pump hose and yet there is barely any resistance/pressure from the lever. I tried several times bleeding the brake but it doesn't get "stiff" enough - I can still spin the rear wheel with my hands when I apply pressure  to the pedal. Just to be sure the brake fluid bleed kit was working properly, I tried bleeding the brakes on the Honda 600RR and it worked without any issues at all.

Also, the brake light does not work when I apply pressure to the pedal. BUT I think that has to do with the resistance in the cylinder. Since there's really no resistance, the light adapter isn't being activated. I'm guessing this is a correct assumption?

Has anyone had problems bleeding the rear brakes after installing the Sato kit, using the light adapter? Any suggestions?

FYI the rear brake on the Rs is really soft and useless IMHO.  Two things to check for; moto is turned on, make sure the wires for the brake light is secured and adjust the plunger to its maximum height.  Hope this helps.
WFO58

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2008, 09:37:49 AM »

Hi guys

My two cents: You must remove the rear caliper and turn it upside down when you bleed it.  This is necessary even with a mity vac.

I also broke the left side alloy bolt while riding. After the second time I bought titainium bolts and washers and torqued them to 55 Nm with blue locktight. This has been working well with no binding to the swingarm.

RIP DML

999 R Xerox, S4RS, KTM 950 SM, GSXR 750, Harley soft tail custom, Honda 750F, Bultaco Astro, Bultaco Pursang, RM 125, Elsinore 125, SL 70, Mini trail, Bonanza minibike.
S4RSSS

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »

FYI the rear brake on the Rs is really soft and useless IMHO.  Two things to check for; moto is turned on, make sure the wires for the brake light is secured and adjust the plunger to its maximum height.  Hope this helps.

yes i agree my brakes were already really, really soft to begin with but not to the point where i can still spin the wheel while the brake pedal is engaged though, right? and i must have played with the plunger length about 5-6 times (i.e. the number of times i tried bleeding it) but none of the different plunger lengths worked.

Quote from: WFO58
My two cents: You must remove the rear caliper and turn it upside down when you bleed it.  This is necessary even with a mity vac.

thanks, i will try that. so the bleed fitting should always be pointed upwards?

JDS 07 S4Rs

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 03:46:59 PM »

Sounds strange.

Is the acuator pumping any fluid at all ? Loosen(just a tiny bit, just enough for fluid to escape) that 14 mm nut at the top of the acuator. The one below where your brake light indicator wires are. Push your lever down slowly & hold. Tighten nut. Release foot lever. Loosen nut. Push down. Continue with that procedure repeatily.,,,,,,IF,, your not getting some fluid to leak pass the loosened 14 mm nut,,,,THEN,,,,, your actuator is likey stuck,  & not stroking,,, or,,,, your brake fluid resovoiris empty.  I know,,,,,,I am brilliant,,,U can thank me later Grin. Hopefully U have this resolved already.

PS: My back brakes work fine,,,,,I can lock up the back wheel ,,NO probs. Going to a Slipper clutch has change my braking style considerable
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 05:14:06 PM by JDS 07 S4Rs » Logged

2007 S4RS
2003 BMW 1150R
2004 450 YZ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: