Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 10:19:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695296 times)
Desert Dust
Ten Most Popular Uses for a

"There's no glamour in Nirvana, no glamour at all"

« Reply #2250 on: January 31, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »

I'm curious about plastic and gasoline. You see, I have two plastic gas cans in my storage shed that usually have gas in them, but they don't swell or deform. I paid about $8.00 each for them at Home Depot. I have a $2000 plastic tank on my Duc, and it has more waves on it than the Pacific.

I'm sorry, wrong thread. This belongs in the DMF Joke Thread.

07 S2R 1K:  "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2251 on: January 31, 2012, 04:00:42 PM »

I'm curious about plastic and gasoline. You see, I have two plastic gas cans in my storage shed that usually have gas in them, but they don't swell or deform. I paid about $8.00 each for them at Home Depot. I have a $2000 plastic tank on my Duc, and it has more waves on it than the Pacific.

I'm sorry, wrong thread. This belongs in the DMF Joke Thread.
Call your congress person...

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2252 on: January 31, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »

States could mandate it, but honestly, I think you'd still see the problem.  Ethanol exacerbates the moisture issue, but any moisture you get in the tank is going to do it.  Cool tank sitting over a hot engine means lots of condensation on the interior roof.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #2253 on: February 07, 2012, 10:08:52 AM »

One of my club members just got an email from DNA that states Ducati is contracting another supplier to have the gas tanks made.
Mmmm I call bullshit

2007 red S4Rs
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #2254 on: February 07, 2012, 10:41:20 AM »

One of my club members just got an email from DNA that states Ducati is contracting another supplier to have the gas tanks made.
Mmmm I call bullshit

huh?

and no one else in the world has?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Uncle Mofo

« Reply #2255 on: February 07, 2012, 10:46:31 AM »

That's what I thought.  I think someone at DNA is blowing smoke up his ass.

2007 red S4Rs
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #2256 on: February 07, 2012, 11:56:18 AM »

So it was a 1-on-1 (or Juan-on-Juan, as the case may be) communication, and not any type of official correspondence, like mass-mailer, etc?

muskrat

« Reply #2257 on: February 07, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »

laughingdp maybe they are reading this forum and said......."shit there's money to be made."

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Uncle Mofo

« Reply #2258 on: February 07, 2012, 01:25:38 PM »

So it was a 1-on-1 (or Juan-on-Juan, as the case may be) communication, and not any type of official correspondence, like mass-mailer, etc?
yes my mistake not specify

2007 red S4Rs
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #2259 on: February 07, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »

If they received such a thing, then they should post it.  Otherwise, it's just BS.

Uncle Mofo

« Reply #2260 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:27 AM »

If they received such a thing, then they should post it.  Otherwise, it's just BS.
I read the email.  It was just bullshit disregard my post.

2007 red S4Rs
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #2261 on: February 08, 2012, 05:29:05 AM »

I read the email.  It was just bullshit disregard my post.

lol

Gardein

« Reply #2262 on: February 09, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »

No tank replacement was deemed necessary for my bike.. Ducati is having my dealership fit the "fuel tank fitting kit" specified in page 9 section C of the settlement agreement (reference http://www.girardgibbs.com/ducati-settlement-agreement.pdf) to correct for the expansion of my 2006 S2R 1000 tank. The tank is way off one of the side mounts, can not be latched in front, and is pressing upon the ignition assembly.  I'll update after this weekend with how it all fits together - I'll be surprised if the seat will fit and latch correctly after moving the tank backward.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:43:14 PM by Gardein » Logged
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #2263 on: February 09, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »

And here we go...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2264 on: February 09, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »

And here we go...
It has been adjudicated..

has to work Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: