Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:32:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666731 times)
cduarte

« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2009, 04:14:16 PM »

thanks! just joined the list...  bow down

build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2009, 09:12:39 AM »

When you guys sign up, be sure to reply to the auto mail.  I need your contact info and VIN.

-iz

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
cduarte

« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2009, 07:54:09 AM »

just filed my report, and I went to a local ducati dealership and they'll be ordering me a new tank.

build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...
JustDucky

« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »

'Nother sign up to the mailing list. Cry

J.P.

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2009, 09:36:36 AM »

Tally of Latest NHSTA complaints filed
2008-- 2 filed
2007-- 9
2006-- 6
2005-- 6

Outlook is getting better toward a permanent fix. For those still unfiled: please follow the directions and fill out the little form! This might just work and we can get a good tank FO' FREE! And not pay $1300 for the same crap or more for an upgrade.
Time is running out for the 2005 guys.
Thanks.J.P.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
csp808

« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2009, 04:04:46 PM »

given this doesnt work are there aftermarket tanks out there that will last? I really like my bike but i need a bike i can keep for a long time. Idont want to be buying tanks everytime the winter olympics come around
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2009, 04:06:23 PM »

given this doesnt work are there aftermarket tanks out there that will last? I really like my bike but i need a bike i can keep for a long time. Idont want to be buying tanks everytime the winter olympics come around

yes there are a few, they are pricey.. none are copies of the stock setup, they are superlight or high capacity models.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
scduc

« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2009, 03:15:38 PM »

My dealer called me today and said that my new tank is slated for delivery mid to end of November. I'm cool with that. Just hope that if Ducati ever does fix the problem and my new tank does it again, that they will re-replace.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
J.P.

« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2009, 07:30:12 AM »

nevermind
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:19:57 AM by J.P. » Logged

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »

I used to hope that our O2/ecu problems would be fixed for free.
I hoped that I would get a gauge pod that wouldn't fog up.
Or a rear brake that didn't need bleeding 2x a year.
Or cases that didn't bubble under the paint.
Or maybe a tank that works as it should- I can't lock my steering or lift the tank latch.
So far I've learned that hope and a nickle will get you a cup of Jack Squat.
I've lost all hope. Time for action.

getting organized and asking nicely sometimes will do the trick.  most small manufacturers (like Ducati) respond well when 100+ people call up and say "we're all having the same problem, why don't you do something about it."  bad publicity is the last thing they need for telling loyal owners to pound sand.

cduarte

« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2009, 06:48:57 PM »

just filed my report, and I went to a local ducati dealership and they'll be ordering me a new tank.

update, the dealership called me (Valley Motorsports in Northampton, MA) today and informed me that the tank was in! This only took 10 days. I scheduled an appointment for early next week and they said they would install the tank while I waited as it only would take an hour or so. I can't thank ducatiz enough for the assistance with this.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »

well thanks i guess, i am learning just like everyone else.  maybe someone was reading this thread and pushed things along for tank problems at DNA -- who knows?

either way, something is wrong with those tanks and Ducati should make it right.  it's not like it has happened on 2 or 3 of them, it's happening on all of them.

Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2009, 11:32:53 AM »

Mine has arrived as well.  I'm going to Indy Ducati and have it replaced next Saturday.

2007 red S4Rs
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2009, 03:27:29 PM »

i emailed my dealer, havent heard from them..its been about 2 months. will try calling tomorrow. I have a feeling they are pulling my leg.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Paegelow

« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2009, 04:53:50 AM »

Mine has also been almost 2 months...  They say it is on the way though, hopefully by the end of the month.  I don't get why some are taking so long, and some people are getting there's in less than two weeks!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: