Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:43:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 695261 times)
IamSMC

« Reply #1620 on: July 07, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »

To date, what is the oldest gas tank that Ducati NA has replaced?

How many have been replaced out of warranty?

2007 Ducati Monster S4R S Testastretta
2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800
2007 Aprilia Sportcity 250ie
2009 Aprilia Sportcity One 125
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1621 on: July 07, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »

To date, what is the oldest gas tank that Ducati NA has replaced?

How many have been replaced out of warranty?

Only Ducati knows that.

The first tanks to be replaced were Multis

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
IamSMC

« Reply #1622 on: July 09, 2011, 04:47:56 AM »

Only Ducati knows that.

The first tanks to be replaced were Multis

Precursor: I haven't followed the plastic gas tank issue since last year when Ducati Soho advised me that Ducati NA wouldn't replace my tank because my '05 S2R 800 was out of warranty.  But they said they could "adjust" my tank so it would fit properly...

But after my past two rides last week, my latch on my tank comes undone. And it appears my tank is definitely swelled a bit since last year.  Also, the ignition switch is now touching the sides of the tank.

I know Ducati Soho is now closed and it crossed my mind that when they "advised" me Ducati NA wouldn't replace my tank, they didn't want to deal with it since they knew they would be closing soon...

So does anyone think Ducati NA would replace my tank now?

And which dealer in the NYC surroundings would best be able to handle this for me?

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1623 on: July 09, 2011, 05:37:36 AM »

Every time I hear about Ducati Soho I hear a story like this.

DNA will probably replace your tank without any hassle.  Go to another dealer.  Some will allow you to email pics but you need to ask and they'll reinspect the tank when you show up.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
iRam

« Reply #1624 on: July 09, 2011, 06:05:46 AM »

I think a duc dealer should replace your tank wether you got it from them or its out of warranty. I thought my tank was swelling last month but  it turned out that it just needed retightening of the bolts holding it in. While they were working on my bike i asked them if theyll replace the tank if it starts swelling and the bikes out of warranty. They said DNA will replace it regardless... Sadly that same dealership is now dropping the brand. Hope you find a dealership close to you.

Ducati Monster 796
BMW R nineT
IamSMC

« Reply #1625 on: July 09, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »

ducatiz, iRam: Oh snap, taking your advise to find another Ducati dealer, on DNA's website it appears Ducati Soho is now Mototainment LLC...

http://www.ducatiusa.com/dealers/united_states/new_york/new_york/mototainment__llc/index.do

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1626 on: July 09, 2011, 12:34:57 PM »

ducatiz, iRam: Oh snap, taking your advise to find another Ducati dealer, on DNA's website it appears Ducati Soho is now Mototainment LLC...

http://www.ducatiusa.com/dealers/united_states/new_york/new_york/mototainment__llc/index.do

hope it's a new owner...  or something...  so far, no one who has brought them up in the last couple of years said anything good about them..   Roll Eyes

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #1627 on: July 09, 2011, 03:23:33 PM »

if you dont mind a bit of a hike, jack trebour in ledgewood nj is a solid dealer.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1628 on: July 09, 2011, 03:46:11 PM »

if you dont mind a bit of a hike, jack trebour in ledgewood nj is a solid dealer.

I second that, I have used them for parts for years.  The guy I dealt with (Tyler Roe) is gone now, so I can't vouch for their parts dept anymore, but if Joe is still a wrench there then you are fine.

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #1629 on: July 09, 2011, 03:48:35 PM »

I second that, I have used them for parts for years.  The guy I dealt with (Tyler Roe) is gone now, so I can't vouch for their parts dept anymore, but if Joe is still a wrench there then you are fine.

joe's still there... great guy.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1630 on: July 10, 2011, 03:06:59 AM »

People in the Metro have had good results with Rockwell.

http://www.rockwellcycles.com

A bit of a ride, but it is pretty up there.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1631 on: July 10, 2011, 03:27:06 AM »

I know a couple of the guys at Goldcoast out on the island.

They're good guys, but I can't speak about the dealer.

You might check them out.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

iRam

« Reply #1632 on: July 12, 2011, 07:30:00 AM »

Has anyone tried using 3m coating on their tanks? Howd it go?

Ducati Monster 796
BMW R nineT
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1633 on: July 12, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »

Has anyone tried using 3m coating on their tanks? Howd it go?

If you're referring to ScotchKote, I don't have any information on whether one of them will work with nylon.  (There are 4 varieties of ScotchKote).

iRam

« Reply #1634 on: July 12, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »

If you're referring to ScotchKote, I don't have any information on whether one of them will work with nylon.  (There are 4 varieties of ScotchKote).

I believe thats the one. I learned about the coating on this blog.

http://ducsp1000.blogspot.com/2011/03/tank-3-with-coating.html

Ducati Monster 796
BMW R nineT
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: