Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 05:58:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6000 mile service  (Read 4691 times)
Cyclone
DAS BOOT!

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »

Shocked Wow - I am shocked and amazed that someone had a good story about Plano Eurosport !  You must be one large dangerous fellow Mr. Duc Fever, sir, to get something good outta them.  +1 on they take forever, they leave your bike outside the whole time they have it, and they made me pay big to be treated like ignorant scum.  I have evidence they charged for work ( & parts) they did not do too!  They will never get another $ from me & I think BMW should pull their franchise - definitely room in the Dallas market for someone to compete with them & put them out of the business of making so many so miserable.   bang head

Angry  I will never pass on an opportunity to trash Eurosport - so i guess i am a loyal customer !  laughingdp

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
fastwin
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 08:13:55 AM »

Angry  I will never pass on an opportunity to trash Eurosport - so i guess i am a loyal customer !  laughingdp

D that is funny as hell! You just made my day! applause waytogo
muskrat

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »

that makes two of us Cyclone!  I hate that shop and for over 5 years haven't stopped.  They should have their Ducati license pulled also........so close too when Texas Pacific Group owned them.  I should have never stopped after I got my bike back.  bang head

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 10:09:36 AM »

Stuart Rust

817-899-6261

+11tybillion...you will be happy.

plano shop was teh suck....at least my last experience with them (an older monster) a few years back.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
fastwin
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »

Cyclone that's really bad if they treated a BMW customer like shit. All I ever hear is that if you own a Bemmer you are golden and everyone else takes a back seat. "Want your GS serviced? Sit down and have a cold drink, it will be ready in ten minutes. You with the Monster (or Triumph or MV... take your pick) come back in four weeks and we'll let you know if we've done anything, maybe." That's all I have ever heard. Man, you must have really pissed them off for them to dis your GS!! laughingdp bang head Evil

To the OP: call Randy or Stuart. Both are good but Stuart is the "go to" guy for Ducs for sure. waytogo
Cyclone
DAS BOOT!

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 02:36:57 PM »

Grin  Now that I have found Perry's in Ft. Worth I will be going there for anything tricky ( electronic ) - they are awesome competent, friendly, and cuss in Deutch quite well.  Randy Mc will do the valves, brakes, & tires & I can actually do a lot myself. 

I would never slam a shop over a single experience but once I got the proverbial 4th strike from Plano I feel obligated to warn others - they need to do a lot more people like Duc Fever because by now they are headed upstream against a powerful sewer full of ill will of their own creation.  Just for instance they over filled my oil which can cause damage from piston slap, and over inflated my tires & when called out about the tires they said " we filled it to the pressure written on the tire " uh.. that is the MAX pressure for 2-up with pillion !! Dumb asses!

Sadly, they are only three miles away and would be so convenient...  Cry

Edit: Sorry, .. I bought a chainsaw so I wouldn't have to grind my axe so much & here I go !   
overrideem696 good luck ! Maybe somebody would want to prove me wrong to your advantage ? Unlikely but maybe..   bacon

Go where you think they will have their head in the game and get it right at whatever price  [moto] - your life may depends on it !  chug
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:17:03 PM by Cyclone » Logged

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
sdlrodeo

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »

Ok, I didn't necessarily reccommend USING Nth Tx BMW. I just said call them. Ok, I know, I know. I've heard the stories myself, but I've also had some good experiences with them. On my old 02 ST4s, they replaced the rockers underwarranty at 18K in 2007. I bought the bike from Eurosport FW (I will never use them. If anyone wants to know why, pm me). It was a Demo. They never registered the warranty (never titled so sold as new with 8k). Nth TX BMW got it squared away in about two weeks. Since sold the bike.

that being said, Stuart is THE MAN in my book. I'm really sorry I didn't reccomend him first. Also, you can try David at North Texas Superbikes in Highland Village for a price check too.

Good luck and may your dealerexperiences be well.

Steve

Wrist is to throttle as finger is to trigger.
fastwin
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »

Grin  Now that I have found Perry's in Ft. Worth I will be going there for anything tricky ( electronic ) - they are awesome competent, friendly, and cuss in Deutch quite well.  Randy Mc will do the valves, brakes, & tires & I can actually do a lot myself. 

I would never slam a shop over a single experience but once I got the proverbial 4th strike from Plano I feel obligated to warn others - they need to do a lot more people like Duc Fever because by now they are headed upstream against a powerful sewer full of ill will of their own creation.  Just for instance they over filled my oil which can cause damage from piston slap, and over inflated my tires & when called out about the tires they said " we filled it to the pressure written on the tire " uh.. that is the MAX pressure for 2-up with pillion !! Dumb asses!

Sadly, they are only three miles away and would be so convenient...  Cry

Edit: Sorry, .. I bought a chainsaw so I wouldn't have to grind my axe so much & here I go !   
overrideem696 good luck ! Maybe somebody would want to prove me wrong to your advantage ? Unlikely but maybe..   bacon

Go where you think they will have their head in the game and get it right at whatever price  [moto] - your life may depends on it !  chug

I assume you mean Perry Bushong (sp?) of Ft. Worth BMW fame. He is awesome!! I have dealt with him since my first BMW, a 1981 R100RS. He has forgotten more than most BMW dealers will ever know! His shop has always rocked. I won't hold it against him that he suggested the Krauser 4 valve head conversion for my bike. Can you say race gas only? laughingdp bang head [moto]
RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 07:29:34 PM »

Perry sometimes thinks that BMW's can race like Ducs too. ie.. remember the days at Aquafest in Austin in the late'70's when Hogman would trash the team Yoshimura's 750 Suzukis w/ a 900s ! Yeah, Perry's got some strange ideas about BMW performance enhancements alright. All the while being his cool, calm, collected self.

I always wondered about those Krausers. I assume you bougth them?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:32:00 PM by RED » Logged
crashoverridem629

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 06:28:44 AM »

thanks for all the input guys im thinking about  calling stuart. but i had to take the bike in to the local yamaha place today to get a rear tire replaced. turns out the lead mech is a ducati guy he used to have a m900 and was thrilled to see my s2r come in.  after alot of ducati chat i told him about how much advanced was wanting to charge and he did his 6000 and other service himself. he said if i would pick up a shop manual for my s2r he was more than comfortable doin the service work on the bike for me. even asked while they had it if i minded if he "test rode " it he misses his monster  laughingdp. these guys have a great track record with all my buddies that ride misc brands. so im thinking about letting them do my services since they are local and seem like reputable guys.

06 s2r 800
fastwin
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 06:32:45 AM »

Yes, Perry talked me into it. The heads kicked ass but apparently mine was one of the last living examples of the conversions he performed. He would call me on a regular basis to inform me of the latest one to grenade and I would take mine in to him ASAP so he could do the preventive "fix" on mine. I guess he would do a CSI on the remains of some poor soul's bike and determine what went wrong and call the Krauser bike owners to come in for the "fix". I know mine was one of the last ones running before I sold it to another sucker.

It pinged on pump gas like crazy! On sport touring rides I would take bottles of early 80's octane booster and every time I refueled I would give the tank a splash of additive. When I was home in town I would gas up at an independent station on the I-35 service road in Carrollton that sold high octane race gas out of it's pumps. The bike was only happy with hot gas. Honestly, I filled the tank with race gas when I sold it so it would run good for the prospective buyer. Does that make me a bad person? Evil Roll Eyes Grin

One thing is for sure, it was one quick early 80's air head boxer. Nothing by today's standards but really fun at the time. waytogo [moto]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:34:28 AM by fastwin » Logged
fastwin
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 06:37:32 AM »

thanks for all the input guys im thinking about  calling stuart. but i had to take the bike in to the local yamaha place today to get a rear tire replaced. turns out the lead mech is a ducati guy he used to have a m900 and was thrilled to see my s2r come in.  after alot of ducati chat i told him about how much advanced was wanting to charge and he did his 6000 and other service himself. he said if i would pick up a shop manual for my s2r he was more than comfortable doin the service work on the bike for me. even asked while they had it if i minded if he "test rode " it he misses his monster  laughingdp. these guys have a great track record with all my buddies that ride misc brands. so im thinking about letting them do my services since they are local and seem like reputable guys.

Sounds like a plan. Nice to keep it local. Hope it works out OK. I am sure the tech would enjoy spinning some wrenches on a Duc. I can only imagine that he doesn't see too many in Tyler! Post up how it all turns out after the service.
uptownducati

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »

I'm in the same shoes.  I have a 2003 620 with over 6,000 miles on it, and I know it's ready for service.  Before I found this thread I called up that BMW place you all were talking about and they quoted me about $850.00 and said the bike would be done in a day.  I have  buddy that works at RPM that called them this morning and they quoted him $550.  What the shyte?

Are there special 'Ducati' tools that are required to do the belts; as I am told they are just as important as checking the valves.  This is my only form of transportation for the summer since I sold my car to put money back into my business and stay afloat.  Basically I need good, reputable, and reasonably priced.  So basically call Stuart and Randy is what I'm gathering?  Anybody actually use them for the 6,000 service?

Thanks for all the input!  Hope to see you all out there soon?
RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 11:47:53 AM »

Hey there Uptown! I'm guessing you are around the 'Uptown' area of Dallas? D'aohm I'm smart.  laughingdp Well, if so then you have a close outlet at Motopia. I'm sure for your bike that  Randy at Motopia can take care of you for a reasonable price. (Randy does do valves right?) Well, I'm hoping I'm steering you right. If not then Stuart in Mansfield is tops. Over at Eurosport in Fort Worth the prices are a little lower. $75/hr I think. Either one of those will do you good. Of course call before you go.

Also Up keep an eye on this here board for luncheon updates that spring up. I posted one last week at the Idle Rich which turned out to be fun. Hope to see you at one soon.

This has been a public service announcement and now back to your thread.  chug
muskrat

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »

Before I found this thread I called up that BMW place you all were talking about and they quoted me about $850.00 and said the bike would be done in a day.  I have  buddy that works at RPM that called them this morning and they quoted him $550.  What the shyte?

I rest my case!  they are still assholes.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: