Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 07:40:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coping with being a biker chick  (Read 27254 times)
uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »

I wouldn't sweat it.  I'm a guy and I get that be careful stuff all the time.  Just smile and say " I'll do my best".  If anything I'd say most gals are more careful than most guys.

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
Spck31
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 01:30:27 PM »

Staggering Story. Nice perspectives!

Long story short: I got over it. And ride I do safely and with grace as often as possible. It is nice to know that there are people around me that care!

Still love taking the helmet off and getting the "Holy S..." looks.
It is great! Most of them don't know what they are missing!

waytogo waytogo waytogo
very good post, all you girls rock with your bike's story.
+1 one on Ducmouse post, it's always biker'S fault...
And don't forget to be careful  Wink Grin
empress duc
with the tender roots of a

the empress stands with and for the people

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 06:39:56 PM »

i don't mind the "be careful" so much...

i CANNOT stand when they start in on how someone they know ... <insert story with bad ending>

ugh! and they do it when i'm suiting up or chilling out with ride time still ahead.

but what i (too) love about being a biker chick is taking off the helmet and whipping out my lipgloss of power.  [moto]

"life is best served bold and without regret" ~me                                                               yoga + food + motorcycles = joy

mage

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 04:02:52 PM »

Well its not any different in Oz.  Standing next to bike and putting helmet on, asked by boy around 10ish, are you going to ride that? Told him that  it was the general idea. He replied don't you have a husband?  Then there was the little old lady must have been pushing 90, who said good on you I hired a bike in Greece yearsx ago and to this day regret that I didn't keep it up when I got home. Grin Do what you enjoy and ignore the narowminded ones.
AkLiz

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 11:45:49 PM »

I've found that when my husband and I are both at the gas station filling up our bikes, people are waaaay more likely to talk to me about riding in general or questions about my bike, gear, whatever.  Oddly enough though, it's only when I'm out on my own that I get all the 'Be careful' or 'That's dangerous!' stuff. 

My favorite?  The time some grizzled old guy told my husband how lucky he was that I rode too *grin*

Spck31
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »

... Grin Do what you enjoy and ignore the narowminded ones.

waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo
always [moto]
WhiteKat
Average girl/Full-time goddess

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »

I'm hearing this same stuff all the time.  Since I bought my bike, I've gotten the "be careful" along with the subtle head shakes.  I even had one guy tell me that my bike was "too fast" for me.  It's a 620...the babies of the Ducati family!  He also proceeded to tell me that I should have just bought a CB250 or something like that!
I don't know too many guys who get anything but a pat on the back when the buy the fastest thing on two wheels.

Although I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt.  I try to tell myself that it's just out of concern and not because they are doubting my ability (because I am more than able)...whether that's true or not isn't my concern. lol

But I also have many fellow riders (male and female) who tell me the opposite and look forward to getting out to ride with me...so, I'll concern myself with their opinions instead of the naysayers! Smiley

2003 Monster 620 ie
Spck31
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 02:45:34 PM »

I even had one guy tell me that my bike was "too fast" for me.  It's a 620...the babies of the Ducati family!  He also proceeded to tell me that I should have just bought a CB250 or something like that!

Really LoL!! it's happened to me once... People dont know very well Ducati. You and me and all 620 owners know we can ride more than the 620, but we like it this way.
All the honor to you WhiteKat to take it with a grain of salt.   chug
Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 05:39:44 PM »

Hi.. you just have to "let go" and give them a big smile Roll Eyes
ducatigirl100
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 09:59:04 AM »

Got the nagging to when I got my bike M900

My uncle took it for a ride ( probably 200mph pulling weelies on it!! Angry )
after he came back he didint want me to go back on the bike.....
usual " it's to much for you" , "your to small for that bike"  " it's not a girls bike" bang head [bang]and the classic "get another 125cc that was OK" ( yeah ...for the first week I've ridden, 4 years ago!!)

OK I don't mind the nagging but when I'm use to put my "kneedown" and have all my protective gears  don't tell me that I don't have the ability to ride a bike ...come on!!
Spck31
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 03:32:02 PM »

.....but when I'm use to put my "kneedown" and have all my protective gears  don't tell me that I don't have the ability to ride a bike ...come on!!

+1
aveldina

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 09:44:31 PM »

wow the whole thing with the uncle is crazy, I think I'd flip. Haven't had it that bad though personally, but family doesn't ride with me so they don't say anything and friends either respect it or ride with us. I get a bit of chirping at work, but they've been seeing a bigger sport machine since I started that job, so even there I don't hear it either. Only problem is I seem to end up riding with the guys, all, the, time. There's one girl I ride with, she runs a 250, that does any kind of performance riding and aside from that a "ladies night out" is allll cruisers and chill highway stuff. It's not terrible, but some days it would be sweet if I wasn't the the only girl in our mini roadracing club and wasn't the only girl showing up for more aggressive ride nights. Le sigh. Don't get me wrong, my skill level gets pushed way faster riding with the guys, and I guess as a software dev I'm used to the gender gap - but really, what gives?
ducatigirl100
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2011, 06:41:48 PM »

For the uncle thing,  is that when my father died 12 years ago (I was like 22 years old a that time)  he was the close to me and my two brother's ....he never add children's, so he feels a responsibility to make sure where o.k.  waytogo  Wink
ducatigirl100
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »

Arggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!  bang head  bang head  bang head  bang head  bang head  bang head  bang head  bang head  bang head

Today I've install some new clutch spring ( red...wow)   but my big brother wanted to try my bike ( He doesn't' have is driver's licence)    and he drop it !!!!!!! Angry  Angry  Angry  bang head
I don't want anybody in my family to argue that I can't ride a bike Arggggg!!!

Now he broke my front break lever add I have to get a new one and it's an hollyday weekend here in Quebec  so the ducati dealer doesn't open till Monday and really wanted to do some riding during the weekend !!!!    Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

Spck31
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 04:57:35 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Angry
Family sometime is hard to deal and say no.... Saying don't touch my bike to an older brother who always felt over-protector, is a kind of crisis situtation... But the real crisis for now is you don't have your bike for the week-end...
Can you put back yourself the oem break lever...If not, other tech than Ducati can do this, maybe in page jaune can find open tech shop today maybe!!! Icchhhhhhh day after St-Jean..... Huh? If you have friend little handy mecanicien it's a easy thing for someone who know.

That is a really really bad timing, yesterday & today is sad rainy weather, but tomorrow... And it's the ride #2 with Ducati montréal, rendez-vous is on St-Laurent street in front of boutique, you have to be there for 9h. Tomorrow destination is Laurentide-Outaouais.. Road 327-323 Lunch break at Namur..
If you can't come tomorrow there will be other Rendez-vs in july august and september..

i really wish you fix your break lever, and wish to meet you.
Good luck !!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: