Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:54:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coping with being a biker chick  (Read 27008 times)
ducatigirl100
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 08:23:23 AM »

Yea !!  hits hard to no to my big brother   Roll Eyes he always helps me whit tools how to do thing's  Kiss ( he's a machinist).   

for the break lever, it's not a problem putting it on the bike it's just that I don't have one and all the shop's are close today so nobody is open till Monday  Cry   I really wanted my bike because it's my week's vacation.
  bang head
 I fond a lever on eBay but i wont have it before Wensday.  I'll pass by the ducati dealer on Monday to see if I can fix it .   As for the ride it would be fun  Smiley Dolph  maybe in august, I'm supposed to have another week of vacation.  I knew that there's was rides by Ducati Montreal ( i think) but i never pay attention to it ....probably because i don't know anybody there.... i would be the only girl among men in their late 40' lol   cheeky  Wink
Spck31
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 09:40:47 AM »

If you come we will be two girls! waytogo Dolph It's a sympatic group, all ages but  you're right many of them are late 40' Cheesy. No many girls Undecided ... Counting myself, 2 till 3 sometimes with their own bike. Last august we were about 40 bikes throught Canton de l'est road, so fun to ear the sound of a bunch of Duc!
I'm sur on monday you'll find lever at the shop.

Have nice week's vacation.

It's my vacation time too. I quite  monday for Maine east coast moto road trip, alone, i'm so excited. Yaahhhooooo! Dolph

Bonwilder

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »

i don't mind the "be careful" so much...

i CANNOT stand when they start in on how someone they know ... <insert story with bad ending>

ugh! and they do it when i'm suiting up or chilling out with ride time still ahead.

but what i (too) love about being a biker chick is taking off the helmet and whipping out my lipgloss of power.  [moto]

+1

05 S4r, 06 Sport Classic, 06 Back in Black Sport Classic, 06 Paul Smart, 08 848 track, 05 749r track, 12 1199 tricolore
LexiSometimes

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2011, 05:29:53 PM »

That's funny because people also say to me "you don't look like someone who would ride a motorcycle". I wonder what that looks like?Huh? Grin

I get that a lot too.   cheeky

Monster 1100S/Pearl White
Tag:  Ducwild
jrswanson1

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 07:49:31 AM »

i don't mind the "be careful" so much...

i CANNOT stand when they start in on how someone they know ... <insert story with bad ending>

ugh! and they do it when i'm suiting up or chilling out with ride time still ahead.

but what i (too) love about being a biker chick is taking off the helmet and whipping out my lipgloss of power.  [moto]

I get this response sometimes when I mention to someone that I own and shoot a lot of firearms.  And it's usually a female with the story.
supperduc
Don't blame me, I am only a

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2012, 08:12:03 AM »

Male riders get the same superficial advices, too. The dumbest one I got recently actually came from my boss: "Be careful with that thing, I need you here"  Roll Eyes. The funny thing is almost all of these smart arse comments come from people who have never sat on a motorcycle b4.

07 S4Rs - Commuter
06 749s - Garage Queen
GK

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 12:37:52 PM »

I find the responses I get come from two main viewpoints.

One is the "you're crazy riding" which I believe comes from either a position of fear or jealousy. They're jealous because they're afraid to take a risk of any kind and jealous because you have no such restriction or because someone they love has control over their choices. All sad situations.

The other type is genuine concern for your safety from those who love you. I don't really mind this much. It's nice to know people care.

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
GK

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 12:39:17 PM »

I'm a bloke btw, whose colleagues are 90% women!

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
jsanford

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2015, 06:46:14 PM »

I work downtown in a city notorious for bad traffic and mostly people tell me they can't believe I'd ride my bike in it. Also, coworkers like to tell me about motorcycles seen on their commute riding poorly (in their opinion) in a passively-challenging way.  At 5'10" I've never gotten the "too big for you" remarks, but some people have expressed that a Ducati, even a Monster 695, isn't what they'd expect a woman motorcyclist to choose as a vehicle.

My favorite remark of all time is when someone looked at our gear and asked if we were going snowmobiling--in summertime.  laughingdp

'08 695 - Seattle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: