Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:48:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you cooking tonight?  (Read 12064 times)
kingbaby

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 05:46:32 AM »

No regional would be with green chili, and that is pretty normal on a pie in these parts.
It doesn't fly on the Island Prison (NY) seeing they call a green flour based soup, green chili.
Me, I could live without it on anything, but people go crazy for the stuff here.

As far as the chicken & wht. cheese goes, that's West coast to the max! I can't see you partaking in that, Nic  (it sounded good to me, Punx)

Quote: "You can get anchovies"

... I'm sorry   laughingdp   

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Kawboy

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 03:35:05 PM »

Regional pizza differences: In NY, chicken as a topping is rare. You can get anchovies, in addition to the usual: Pepperoni, Sausage, Onions, Mushrooms, various other veggies including eggplant.

I have heard of Hawaiian style with pineapple.

I was in Fargo, ND on business last December and my client, bringing pizza in for lunch, inquired if I wanted sauerkraut on it. Sauerkraut? On pizza?

The downward spiral of American civilization continues...

You are definitely right on there.  Sauerkraut and pizza should not be used in the same sentence.  Even though I just did, but to make a point.   Smiley   Dominos used to (don't know if they still do) have a Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham.  It wasn't half bad.  Not something I'd go crazy over, though. 

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
kingbaby

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »

Dominos used to (don't know if they still do) have a Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham.  It wasn't half bad.  Not something I'd go crazy over, though. 

I looked, Dominos has that on their menu everywhere... Even prison island.

KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 07:48:28 AM »

Damn,.. Martha Stuart would be so proud of you guys,  We could have a Ducati "Iron Chef cookoff" contest...does Ducati have aprons in their apparel catolog, would be a nice touch.... laughingdp laughingdp

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
kingbaby

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 07:58:10 AM »

Damn,.. Martha Stuart would be so proud of you guys,  We could have a Ducati "Iron Chef cookoff" contest...does Ducati have aprons in their apparel catolog, would be a nice touch.... laughingdp laughingdp

I know you can cook it up and I'm down with what it is.  waytogo

I'll order you a butchers apron the Ducati logo and reads "I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain...to eat vegetables!

KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 09:06:33 AM »

the best part is I got to thinking after reading this post, that with the weather cold and nasty, a spicy B.B.Q. , Grilled corn medallions, saute'd mushrooms, onions, red peppers, steamed cauliflower, and garlic bread, naturally washed down with a couple of Stella Artois...  sounds really good.   Shannon is making a crock pot of chili for tomorrow, so it's only fair I cook tonite, now to find some good beef country ribs, or pork spare ribs, or a couple racks of babyback, or......... chug chug

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »

Not really tonight...

But, eggs in a basket with four strips of bad ass bacon.  MMMMMM

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »

Barb's son and his family ordered pizza tonight from Dion's (sp?). I had a Greek salad (had to supply my own anchovies), but I did take a slice of the pizza with pineapple topping.

Hideous...

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
kingbaby

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 09:24:26 AM »

Grilled out lastnight, I did Rosemary chicken (no I didn't cook dusty), garlic papitas, grilled veggies & white corn on the cob that Karen has named corn doughnuts, why I'm still not sure, but the seasoning I use is damn yummy, and apple crisp for dessert (apples from Valarde, NM thanks to Pam)

All washed down with a little Bogle Phantom  Vino!

hunkypunk
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 03:41:45 PM »

Barb's son and his family ordered pizza tonight from Dion's (sp?). I had a Greek salad (had to supply my own anchovies), but I did take a slice of the pizza with pineapple topping.

Hideous...
..according to my son Dion's is the best we've got!  Cry  bang head
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 07:07:48 PM »

Neighbors invited us for lunch today when I got back from the Crest. It was one of the guys' mom's birthday. They ordered pizza from- where else- Dion's. I would rate it as good/OK. No, they didn't order a pineapple topping. The green chili and chicken topping was the best. the pepperoni was average.

Then I whipped together a quick dinner for 8 (Barb's son and his family, Barb's ex-husband and his SO). A quick red sauce for spaghetti with turkey sausages and turkey meatballs.

As I reminded Cloner this morning, we will be cooking when I'm back in December. I'm thinking of a movable feast: Perhaps a dinner a week for a few weeks, different home each time.

Discuss among yourselves.

nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 06:50:28 PM »

Hey- I made tacos tonight for the first time. Not authentic, except maybe authentic nicasaurus-style. Whole-wheat tortilla, ground chicken, baby spinach, onion, feta cheese, diced red pepper and tomatoes. And tabasco (no chile's here). They tasted much better than they looked.

ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 03:58:23 AM »

Holy crap those sound good.  Any leftovers you could send?  Grin

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 06:25:46 AM »

I will be cooking in ABQ beginning Dec 10.

nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »

OK- I am here and I am in full-kitchen mode. It is therapy from my last week in NY, cleaning out and demolishing the basement and beginning water-proofing and electrical work. Anyway...

I would be glad to host a dinner next week. I think 8 people would be good, could stretch to 10 (it's a small house). I like the formality of sit-down dinners instead of buffets, but if we are going to have multiple cooks, then perhaps a buffet is a good idea. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Warming up, tonight I tried something a little different: I dredged some thin-sliced pork chops in a mixture of corn meal, seasoned bread crumbs and cayenne pepper. Sauteed them part-way in olive oil, then set them aside. I then sauteed some red onion, garlic, mushrooms and artichoke hearts (the type that are jarred in oil) in olive oil. Added a little red wine and a few tablespoons of orange juice and let it cook down. Added the pork back in to finish cooking, then removed it. Tossed in some al dente spaghetti. Served the chops over the pasta with a garnish of cilantro.

Very delicate taste, even from my heavy hands.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: