Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 11:24:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 176   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Craigs List Crack Addicts  (Read 615784 times)
justinrhenry
Super

weeeeee!!!

« Reply #1170 on: June 26, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »

if he's trying to scare everyone away it seems to have worked.

_____
2013 Honda CB1100D
2006 Honda ST1300
2003 Ducati Monster 620ie
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1171 on: June 26, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »

Blah blah blah blah blah.  STFU! Who the f cares

waytogo

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #1172 on: June 27, 2012, 08:14:37 AM »

Blah blah blah blah blah.  STFU! Who the f cares

waytogo

Exactly.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #1173 on: June 27, 2012, 08:16:45 AM »

The entire magnus opus...

"HIya!

Well, it has finally come to pass, that I must sell my cute 1971 BMW R75/5 Short Wheelbase Motorcycle.

Let's see if I can get this straight, as it has been a hundred years since I actually ran this thing; that was when I bought it!

OK, firstly, I gotta say that it breaks my heart to have to sell this, but everything's gotta go.

When I bought this, I really wanted to hear it run, as well as wanting a pink slip; that is, as title, in the seller's name.

well, picky old me. i guess that I was supposed to fork over my cash, and then go looking for documentation.

So, I do have all the paperwork, in my name, including a Planned Non-Operation Certificate; no small item in Kalifornia, the Great State of.

The long and short of this is, this is an unfinished piece of artwork.

Yes, it is a complete bike, except maybe for a few tiny bits of wiring, say, as the previous owner had an ignition switch installed in the fiberglass toolbox, hidden under the seat.

The motor is a stock 750 cc, which ran well, and I have kept it inside these past millenia, and kicked it over by hand frequently,  having put preservative oil into the cylinders.

I recently replaced all the fluids, including engine, transmission, drive shaft, rear end and the front forks. These latter also have new rubber boots.

This is the model which has a headlight shell that includes a combination speedometer and tachometer; both of which work.

Please, look over the photos to see what you are bidding on. Also notice that the tank, handlebars, etc. are not really attached; they were just placed on the bike for the photos. Everything needs bolting together. The rest of the story follows:

I previously had an older BMW R60/2, one of the black models, to which one can mount a sidecar. I loved that old bike, and went cross country several times upon it. It never failed me, although having a primitive 6 volt electrical system, but there was a Bosch magneto for ignition, so even in Mexico it was a delight, if slow-ish.

Fast forward a few years, and I have a worn older model, and this interesting 750, with an electric stater, plus the kick starter, with a 12 volt system. I then find out that one can easily swap the earlier engine and transmission.......with NO ALTERATIONS!

wow! So, that went well indeed. A fun, relatively easy project, except for the broken back part...my back that is.  Also, I never got that sidecar.  AARRRRGGGH!

Well, forward a few more years, and I realize that I have 2 motorcycles, neither of which is stock nor complete, so, you guessed it:

I swapped them back.

Now, this one is whole, and is about to put sunshine in someone else's life.

I do have pipes for this puppy, but, as I remember, the mufflers for it were NOT stock, as in loud. Never was an issue, as I never rode it. You get to decide. I believe that they were MCM brand; basically megaphones.

Anyhoo, please excuse most of the poor photos; they were taken in my cellar, and I could not get them as good as the few shots taken outside, of the fuel tank, which, by the way, is the larger model.

Please also notice the lousy paint job. Not guilty. I got it that way. I was told that it was a PPG Ditzler metallic Epoxy from their catalog. Hmmm.  I am only responsible for the bubble and concrete stains on the front fender. First one was from a lamp placed too close; latter from mixing 380 bags of cement for a new cellar floor.

Another issue, or not:

Note the items sitting on the seat, in one photo. They are the black epoxy-coated front cover, starter cover, and fiberglass side (battery) covers. Tasteful, eh?  "Black goes with Everything!" my Mom used to say.

So, don't expect to just jump on this scooter, and ride off into the sunset. It will require some assembly. The engine, transmission and rear end are all together, as is front end.

As I remember, this one had an excellent clutch. I know that I at least pulled it to check. I had several spare clutch plates re-lined, finding that it was much cheaper to have a batch of 3 done at once. Not rocket science. I believe that it was Oakland clutch that did them.

So, if you do actually bid on this, please understand that it is a legally binding offer to buy, and I will require a non-refundable deposit by paypal for $500.  If you do not contact me within 3 days of winning the auction, I will re-list this, call you a bad name, and tell ebay that you are a bad person.

I will require you to pay the remainder within 7 days maximum, and please remember that then is NOT the time to do an inspection!

I do allow pre-purchase inspections, and am very flexible as to when, but realize that I am in the boondocks of Santa Cruz county, South of San Jose, and would need to meet you somewhere to drive up here. Just shoot me an email through ebay.

Thanks for looking at my BMW R75/5 SWB!"

hunduc

08 S2R1K

« Reply #1174 on: June 27, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »

the bondo car made it to failblog...

caboteria

02 M750, 70 R50/5, 06 SV650

« Reply #1175 on: June 30, 2012, 06:24:12 PM »

I am no BMW guy, what is with that wheelbase? Did it COME that way? It frankly looks broken with the rear wheel that far in. Huh?

The /5's started in 1970 (in the US at least) with a short wheelbase.  Before too long people noticed that they were prone to tankslappers, especially bikes with aftermarket fork-mounted fairings, which were pretty common.  Around '72 (I think) they added about 3" to the wheelbase by welding an extension to the swingarm.  By '73 they were manufacturing the longer swingarms so they no longer had the welds in them.  The added wheelbase solved the tankslapper problem but at the cost of less crisp handling.

Back on topic:

Good Shape Clean Paperwork

laughingdp
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1176 on: June 30, 2012, 07:16:35 PM »

If only he used his powers for good.

2015 Scrambler 800
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #1177 on: June 30, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »

applause

Ducatamount

« Reply #1178 on: July 01, 2012, 03:40:55 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

half fast
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1179 on: July 01, 2012, 04:03:40 AM »

or stuck to needlepoint

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #1180 on: July 03, 2012, 05:00:23 AM »

When you absolutely, positively need the world to know you're compensating.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hummer-H2-black-WILD-2003-Custom-H2-Hummer-Black-Knight-/390437055622

NOTE ALL GUNS ARE NON FIRING REPLICAS!!!!
They do not violate any ebay policy.

Just type in Black Knight Hummer, Sit Back and Watch the Lasers Light up the Night on YouTube.

2003 H2 Hummer

86,500 miles

Asking Price $55,000

Black Knight is Ready for Action and Armed to the Teeth!!

This is a real head turner! Lambo doors front and rear. 7- MA Deuce 50 Caliber Machine Guns with Tripods, 2- 30 Caliber M1919 Machine Guns, 10- Mini-Guns with Rotating Action, 4- RPG’s Rocket Propelled Grenade Launchers, 20mm Real Shells on Front Brush Guard and on Back Spare Tire, 50 Caliber on Top Shoots Simulated Fire with Loud Report and Works with Propane/ Oxygen Tanks Stored in Ammo Cases on Roof. Nitrous Oxide Purge System with Nozzles on Hood and Front 50 Caliber Machine Guns. Laser Lights on Guns and Roof Rack, Underbody Lights, 2- Final Fantasy Swords 56” Long Mounted on Roof Rack, Additional Swords Mounted on Back and Front, Side Exhaust running boards, 20” Moto Metal rims with 35”Mud Grappler Tires, Dragons, Skulls, Hid Lights, Headers, Dual exhaust, Optima and 2- Marine Batteries, Chrome Hand Grenade Shifter, Remote Starter, Rear View Camera, 2000 Watt Amp, 12” Sub Woofers, 15 Multicolor Interior Lasers, Lighted Hood Scoop, 20- Off Road Lights, Brush Guard, Tail Light Guards, 2- Ladders, Roof Rack, Sun Visor, K&N Air Intake, 2 Fire Extinguishers, Back Seat has 2- M1919 Machine Guns, 1- Mini-Gun, Pineapple Grenades, 50 Caliber Bullets and 40mm Shells for Grenade Launchers. Everything is Controlled with Wireless Remote. I also have a few videos on YouTube.  Just type in Black Knight Hummer, Sit Back and Watch the Lasers Light up the Night.

Serious Inquires Only!

For Additional Information Email herc626@yahoo.com or Call  814-288-9199.

Buyer Responsible for Pick Up, Shipping, Delivery, Taxes, and All Additional Expenses Related to Purchase of Vehicle.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #1181 on: July 03, 2012, 05:54:49 AM »

When you absolutely, positively need the world to know you're compensating.

'MURICA!

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
ajw85

« Reply #1182 on: July 03, 2012, 06:17:51 AM »

Nothing
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:41:36 AM by ajw85 » Logged
jaxduc
Have you seen my

« Reply #1183 on: July 03, 2012, 06:54:26 AM »

other than destroying a nice handeling bike.
am I missing something?

Aren't you the Panigale hater?
MikeZ

« Reply #1184 on: July 03, 2012, 07:01:59 AM »

other than destroying a nice handeling bike.
am I missing something?

That's pretty much it.
They took a nice bike and wrecked it and want someone to pay extra for it

'03 M1000Sie (in need of a bath), '71 Honda CB500 (the Project), '10 Tiger (the tourer)
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 176   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: