Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 05:27:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 176   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Craigs List Crack Addicts  (Read 615651 times)
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #2145 on: August 18, 2014, 12:03:37 PM »

Quite a garage:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/mcy/4582660435.html

And once again, waaayyyy overpriced SC.  Plus, where did he get the additional 30 hp over stock?

Why spend $15k when for the same amount you can get:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/4624960767.html

and this

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/4613527062.html

or...

this:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/4548835878.html

and this

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/mcy/4621301414.html

One good thing about the ludicrous pricing of the SC's is, if I ever have one there will be no reason not to go with a Ti frame from Strada and build my own.

I remember when the monopostos could be had for $7,000 all day every day. Sad

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2146 on: August 18, 2014, 12:38:07 PM »

I remember when the monopostos could be had for $7,000 all day every day. Sad

Was that in 2009 when dealers still had new ones in crates?  Grin Classics seem to be moving on eBay for $12K - $15K. They are worth what some loon will pay to decorate his living room.  Cool

Was watching the Gooding Auction in Pebble Beach this weekend. Some stuff I sold in the '60's and '70's for a few thousand  moving there for healthy 6 - 7 figures. The market is whatever some loon will pay.  Cry Had I only known and pickled all those bikes and cars in warehouses...

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #2147 on: August 18, 2014, 03:28:30 PM »

Was that in 2009 when dealers still had new ones in crates?  Grin Classics seem to be moving on eBay for $12K - $15K. They are worth what some loon will pay to decorate his living room.  Cool

Was watching the Gooding Auction in Pebble Beach this weekend. Some stuff I sold in the '60's and '70's for a few thousand  moving there for healthy 6 - 7 figures. The market is whatever some loon will pay.  Cry Had I only known and pickled all those bikes and cars in warehouses...

At the risk of sounding like a hater, what slays me is how many of them really are the worst kind of garage queens. Was browsing .ms and some vendor who regularly caters to the SC crowd had some billet cam covers specifically for the SC's...they were LINING UP..."I'll take 2! I'll take 4! How long till you have more??!?". Cam covers...FOR $500! smfh.

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #2148 on: August 18, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »

At the risk of sounding like a hater, what slays me is how many of them really are the worst kind of garage queens. Was browsing .ms and some vendor who regularly caters to the SC crowd had some billet cam covers specifically for the SC's...they were LINING UP..."I'll take 2! I'll take 4! How long till you have more??!?". Cam covers...FOR $500! smfh.

Hipsters.  The neo-Cafe Racer crowd.  SC owners.  A certain aftermarket parts supplier.  Your shit list sounds like it's getting pretty long.  Evil

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #2149 on: August 18, 2014, 04:35:50 PM »

Hipsters.  The neo-Cafe Racer crowd.  SC owners.  A certain aftermarket parts supplier.  Your shit list sounds like it's getting pretty long.  Evil

Haha...apparently I'm not hiding it too well. Long summer with no bike, the hate starts to breed, lol.

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #2150 on: August 18, 2014, 09:43:04 PM »

Yep, they are getting pricy. Seems often these days the Ducati few wanted becomes very desirable when they stop making it.  Well, not the Indiana.  Anyway, if it had brake, wheel and suspension uprades, maybe, but just the alleged 20 or so HP from the Termi popes ( I guess popes give more HP than pipes) i think not.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #2151 on: August 21, 2014, 10:04:02 AM »

Unless he's running (huffing?) nitrous, there's no way he's getting 120hp. My stock '06 SC dyno'd 82hp.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
MendoDave
« Reply #2152 on: August 21, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »

I'm, sure he has one of these.

Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #2153 on: August 21, 2014, 01:59:16 PM »

I actually do have a real life shit list...but it's for the vilest of human scum only. Animal abusers and the like. It's basically an; "I'm probably going to jail if this person comes to town" list.

pesto

« Reply #2154 on: August 21, 2014, 03:51:30 PM »

I know it's hard to believe, but this is actually a scam! *SARCASTIC WINK SMILEY HERE*

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcd/4630022604.html

Here's the email I received in response to my inquiry:

Hello,

I'm glad that you are interested in buying my 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S Superbike . The bike has been extremely well maintained with a full service history, and has not been involved in any accidents. It only has 521 miles on it and the title is clear. I bought it when I was serving at Hill Air Force Base, Utah but I was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for a 2 year period, so I do not want to let it rot in my backyard and therefore need a fast and reliable buyer. The bike is already at our Department of Logistics at Hill Air Force Base, Utah crated and ready to go. The shipping will be free for you because I will transport it using the internal transport system we have here at the Department of Logistics! The DoL will deliver the bike to the nearest Air Force Base from your area and from there I will use a tow-truck to have it delivered to your door. The whole shipping process will take 3-4 days. The financial part will be managed by eBay, which means you will have a 5 day inspection period before committing to buy the bike. In this way, both you and I are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. I would really like to get at least $4900 so if you are interested in making this purchase in a timely manner email me your: full name and shipping address, so I can inform eBay that I have a buyer! I will forward your details to them and then you will receive the invoice.

For more pics please get back to me as soon as possible!

Thank you,
Evan

2013 White M696
Doe-Foe

« Reply #2155 on: August 21, 2014, 05:24:59 PM »

http://motorcycles.oodle.com/view/2008-ducati-monster-s4rs-tricolore/3712231188-great-falls-mt/
Here is another scam. This is my bike of the last 2 1/2 years. The link above shows the exact information from when I bought it on ebay.
It was a "little" more than $2550
It apparently does no good to "report" it to oodles - I did so 3 weeks ago and it's still posted.
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #2156 on: August 21, 2014, 08:43:37 PM »

I know it's hard to believe, but this is actually a scam! *SARCASTIC WINK SMILEY HERE*

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcd/4630022604.html

Here's the email I received in response to my inquiry:

Hello,

I'm glad that you are interested in buying my 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S Superbike . The bike has been extremely well maintained with a full service history, and has not been involved in any accidents. It only has 521 miles on it and the title is clear. I bought it when I was serving at Hill Air Force Base, Utah but I was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for a 2 year period, so I do not want to let it rot in my backyard and therefore need a fast and reliable buyer. The bike is already at our Department of Logistics at Hill Air Force Base, Utah crated and ready to go. The shipping will be free for you because I will transport it using the internal transport system we have here at the Department of Logistics! The DoL will deliver the bike to the nearest Air Force Base from your area and from there I will use a tow-truck to have it delivered to your door. The whole shipping process will take 3-4 days. The financial part will be managed by eBay, which means you will have a 5 day inspection period before committing to buy the bike. In this way, both you and I are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. I would really like to get at least $4900 so if you are interested in making this purchase in a timely manner email me your: full name and shipping address, so I can inform eBay that I have a buyer! I will forward your details to them and then you will receive the invoice.

For more pics please get back to me as soon as possible!

Thank you,
Evan

[PSA]Even if the price wasn't a giveaway, DoL doesn't transport bikes.  As part of an assignment move/change, the military will generally consider a bike to be household goods... going to point of destination only.  [/PSA]

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2157 on: August 25, 2014, 09:31:46 PM »

http://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/4597044390.html

OMG

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2158 on: August 25, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »

Prolly worth 6 if you're lookin for SS/SL bits.
Low miles!  waytogo

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2159 on: August 25, 2014, 10:00:15 PM »

Prolly worth 6 if you're lookin for SS/SL bits.
Low miles!  waytogo

that's not an SL

that's a CR

seller is on drugs

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 176   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: