Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:44:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women's Gear....  (Read 18020 times)
dolci

« on: May 06, 2008, 10:07:12 AM »

what fits/what doesn't........

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
Sachica

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:22:12 AM »

I think Alpinestars tend to fit a little smaller than the size chart indicates. 

I also think Joe Rocket can be problematic for the tall and thin.  I got the trixie jacket in an xs and the thing barely covers my stomach and is too big at the bottom (cuz it should be on my hips and not my waist).  I think the xs size works for petite women (as in short) and not just for the slender. 

GSXR 600
Kawasaki KLX 250s
Yamaha TTR 125
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »

Dainese and Rev'It have worked well for me (5'4", slender).

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
jdubbs32584
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 12:22:47 PM »

Anybody know of pants, specifically leather, that will work well with short (5'2) and .... hippy? Like Neenjah, I have a ghetto booty and thighs.
dolci

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:35:32 PM »

On the short side (5'4") with a medium build.  Everything ends up either too long, too short or not fitting on one or another of my parts.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »

Nothing fits me off the rack.  5'9 and I wear a 10 pants and 14 top.  I have looong arms and broad shoulders.  The small waist means that a guys jacket will fit the shoulders and arms, but not the waist/ hips. 
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 05:40:44 PM »

Anybody know of pants, specifically leather, that will work well with short (5'2) and .... hippy? Like Neenjah, I have a ghetto booty and thighs.

Woo hoo!!

Darkhorse den mother
sikducgrl

Crazy? Possibly, but do YOU want a boring life?

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 05:38:43 AM »

I've got the hips and the chest, and got MotoGP gear, and it's a little loose in a couple of places, but it will work for the track, so I can't complain.
I think that the styles that I got had been discontinued for the year, but you might try going to your local shop, trying on all sorts of things, then before you commit to buying anything at the shop...CHECK E BAY!!!!
They had my pants listed for $349 and Jacket for $379. I found each piece on ebay for $124 each!
I sent the links to my shop, and they just about matched the internet price...so not only did I get a smokin deal, but I also got instant gratification!
Not bad, huh?
I spent almost as much just on my gloves as I did on my suit.......same with my boots......my helmet is the kicker though.....after getting the best, it's off to the airbrushers to get worked on, so in the end, nearly $1000 just for a helmet!!!
OUCH, but it will be the only one of its kind AND the Shoei rep wants to see it.......I'm just hoping that he gets pics, and can get some graphics work out of the kid.

Off her Rocker, having a blast, trying to keep up with the boys, cored her exhaust out of winter boredom, woodcraft clip ons (need to be more agressive), Irish rear (no rear), and the wing nut that rides her is just as much fun......we call her the Bebe!
janiejane

'01 M900S

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 04:08:16 PM »

I'm curious to see what the helmet looks like - must be very cool!

Gear for smaller women - I'm 5' tall and Dainese gear fits very well, even the length.

DesmoDiva

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »

Woo hoo!!

Another with hips and junk in the trunk!!

Have never found a pair of pants that fit off the rack.  I can fit a men's 52 or 54 Dainese Jacket pretty good.  On the 54 suit I have to have the sleeve taken in a little, too big around the fore arm.  The pants for my suit also have to tailored to accomidate my junk and hips. 

The biggest problem with jackets is that they ride up due to the size difference btwn my hip and waist.  Wearing my back protector helps keeps them down though.

The best fitting jacket I have had is the Cortech Magnum leather that I'm selling.   It never rode up and accomidated my copious chest. 

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
jdubbs32584
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »

Yay for junk in the trunk! At this point, I'm thinking I'm going to have to by the size that fits my butt and thighs and tailor the hell out of it. I'm lucky (or unlucky, however you want to look at it) to have a smaller upper body and boobs so I'm good up there. I have a tex Ducati 80s jacket that fits awesome.

If anyone is similar on the top end, I'll post more size specs if you need/want them.
Qwack

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »

I hear you...I'm shaped like a pear, smaller top big boo-tay and thighs...could not find anything to fit right off the rack, especially for track days...My husband and I went to Vanson Leathers, and I had a custom suit made.  Wasn't cheap...Had a baby (he's 18months old now..amazing how fast time flys)and still battling with some of my pregger wieght, haven't gone near the race suit, afraid it would bum me out...

For the street I have Alpinestars Gear, GP Plus gloves small...pre-woman sized gloves...anyone out there have current woman sized golves, how is the fit?  the ones I have are big, but they were sized for men small bought them in 2000.  Was thinking about the Dianese Ducati Corse gloves, any one have these either? I think they are only available in men sizes...

BTW: I like that there is a place for the Duc-Women to gather  wt:  :wine

Qwack

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 06:58:53 PM »

my helmet is the kicker though.....after getting the best, it's off to the airbrushers to get worked on, so in the end, nearly $1000 just for a helmet!!!
OUCH, but it will be the only one of its kind AND the Shoei rep wants to see it.......I'm just hoping that he gets pics, and can get some graphics work out of the kid.

OH yeah, You 've got to post pix of your helmet when finished  wt:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 06:45:26 AM by Qwack » Logged

Shortie
Do not underestimate the power of stupid.

No longer hangin_biposto! :D

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 05:24:17 AM »

Anybody have some experience with Fieldsheer? Currently I'm running a Joe Rocket Ladies Nova jacket but looking to trade that one in this season for something with a full jacket liner and some other goodies. I haven't heard much either way about their quality or crash-wortiness so I'm rather curious. I haven't really seen another jacket that has everything I want so I'm kind of stuck on a Fieldsheer kick.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/2/49/2451/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Womens-Judy-TX-Jacket.aspx (in red, or course!)

I'm about 4'11" tall, 34" bust, 26" waist, and at their widest part probably 36" in the hips with a shapely bum. 27" inseam. Finding gear to fit my frame is a PITA (especially the bottom half- everything under the sun is waaaay too long or goes up under my tatas because I have a really short torso).

For street pants I wear the Olympia Ladies Mustangs (textile) and they are awesome! The bottoms are actually designed to be hem friendly. I just folded mine under so they looked nice and hand tacked them in a couple of spots, that way I can still alter the length any time without having had a full seam run through them. For gloves I'm wearing Held Limits and so far I really like them.

I was really excited to see a ladies only gear thread so keep the reviews and info coming!

Street - 1991 GSF 400 Bandit
Dirt - 1972 Chaparral ST80

Welcome to cats  Cool

So cute and small.

Such terrible things come out of them  Lips Sealed

www.pbase.com/mcharest
DesmoDiva

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 06:16:58 AM »

Howdy HBP,

Glad you found your way over. 

What size Helds do you wear?  Do you know what size woman's gloves that would be?  I having a difficult time finding gloves that fit properly. 

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: