Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:53:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women's Gear....  (Read 18015 times)
Shortie
Do not underestimate the power of stupid.

No longer hangin_biposto! :D

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 07:04:45 AM »

I have Sidi Vertigo Corsas and they expand waaaaay out to accommodate larger calves with leathers.  They also adjust in so that if you've thrown them on under textile pants, they aren't massive. 

Hey Em how thick would you say the soles are? When I start shopping for new boots this is going to be one of the main things I'll be looking for (besides comfort, obviously). I shaved the seat on my bike this weekend and got myself about 3/4 of an inch lower, but I'm still on the balls of my feet and not very stable.

Street - 1991 GSF 400 Bandit
Dirt - 1972 Chaparral ST80

Welcome to cats  Cool

So cute and small.

Such terrible things come out of them  Lips Sealed

www.pbase.com/mcharest
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 07:44:50 AM »

Hey Em how thick would you say the soles are? When I start shopping for new boots this is going to be one of the main things I'll be looking for (besides comfort, obviously). I shaved the seat on my bike this weekend and got myself about 3/4 of an inch lower, but I'm still on the balls of my feet and not very stable.

Not all that thick at all.  They are racing boots, so they're designed to be lightweight and easy to feel controls with while providing adequate protection.  If you're looking for taller heels, there are some women's touring boots that have a thicker heel than these.  I don't recommend these for any situation where you'll be walking around in them at all.  They're pretty clunky to walk around in.  Whenever I wear them on the street, I always bring another pair of shoes to throw on.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 08:41:34 AM »

Same here, I feel like RoboCop smashing around in my vertigos.

Darkhorse den mother
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 08:54:57 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp
or a storm trooper Smiley
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 09:09:25 AM »

laughingdp Or ironman

Darkhorse den mother
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »

I went to a party with a girlfriend in Adams Morgan.  Everyone was THRASHED by the time I got there.  I rode the scoot in so I would be able to park easily, but crashed the night at her place (not the party house).  So I was trying to navigate my way up the stone steps that were already very slick with beer, ice, liquor, mixers, and things I don't really want to think about.  People were bumping into me and I don't want to know how many sandaled toes I crushed.  It was pretty bad.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
empress duc
with the tender roots of a

the empress stands with and for the people

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 07:34:24 PM »

... and I don't want to know how many sandaled toes I crushed.  It was pretty bad.
  Evil oh man, i can hear it now... their damp drunken moans being muffled by the
creaking and squeaking of the sidi ankle joints   laughingdp

"life is best served bold and without regret" ~me                                                               yoga + food + motorcycles = joy

TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 03:41:34 AM »

anyone have any suggestions for me...

i'm looking for a pair of hot weather riding pants...
my warm weather riding jacket is an Alpinstars Air-Flo
i looked for pants to go with it, but i come up with nothing made for ladies  Undecided

DesmoDiva

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 04:10:37 AM »

I have a pair of first gear mesh pants that I love.  New Enough has em here

They fit my curvy body real well and are plenty cool when riding in the 90s with high humidity.

Sizing is pretty accurate too.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Shortie
Do not underestimate the power of stupid.

No longer hangin_biposto! :D

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 11:10:04 AM »

I wear Olympia Ladies Mustang pants and I like them well enough. They're cut like jeans (with a higher waist of course) and the bottoms are designed so they are very easy to hem for a perfect fit. I don't know if you would necessarily call them hot weather riding pants, but they are medium weight and I find them bearable in the summer (unless it's really humid).

They are no longer on Olympia's site, but this place is very good to work with:
https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=618

This is another option from Olympia and this is also a great place to deal with:
http://store.bobsbmw.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3428

Olympia testimonials...
http://www.olympiamotosports.com/Testimonials.htm

Street - 1991 GSF 400 Bandit
Dirt - 1972 Chaparral ST80

Welcome to cats  Cool

So cute and small.

Such terrible things come out of them  Lips Sealed

www.pbase.com/mcharest
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

"You're like a stray wild animal" -- my ex

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2008, 01:25:05 PM »

i've got a pair of JR mesh pants for sale up in the classifieds.

they're too big for me which sucks cus they seem like really good pants. they'll should fit someone on the taller end pretty nice.

so ugh, this might be a bit personal of a ? but would anyone that has a pair of pants that they actually *like* be willing to share the brand/size and their waist/hip/height measurements?

much appreciated!

sikducgrl

Crazy? Possibly, but do YOU want a boring life?

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2008, 06:38:31 PM »

Just as soon as I can figure out how to put a picture in the post (having a LOOOOONG day) I will show you the recently finished helmet of my previous posts, sorry it has taken so long

Off her Rocker, having a blast, trying to keep up with the boys, cored her exhaust out of winter boredom, woodcraft clip ons (need to be more agressive), Irish rear (no rear), and the wing nut that rides her is just as much fun......we call her the Bebe!
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »

Just as soon as I can figure out how to put a picture in the post (having a LOOOOONG day) I will show you the recently finished helmet of my previous posts, sorry it has taken so long

Follow the link in my sig....PM me if you need more help. Smiley

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
MAZ

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2008, 06:09:17 AM »

If you find a pair of boots that you like - you could always take them to a shoe repair place and they can add an insert of material to the sole that gives you more height.  I had about a half inch added to mine - little less than 1/2 inch towards front and little over half an inch under heel - they were taperd.  I usually do a one footed stop and the extra height really helps!

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults.  Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment.  ~George Eliot
Saltwater*Cowgirl

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2008, 11:08:19 AM »

I have a Teknic Supervent jacket and love love love it.  It's a size 8 which is usually what I wear in regular clothing.  It's super comfy, washes well and has adjustments on the waist and upper arm - convenient for my ever-evolving form.   I've had it for 3 years and will get another one when this is worn out. waytogo

I wear the leather Alpinestars Stella 7-2 and it is not quite as accomodating (also size 8 ).  I find A*'s sizes kind of odd - the jacket is roomy in the waist but all squishy in the boobs.  I love the color & style though (I'm a pink whore), and am hoping that it will stretch a little over time.  I've probably only worn it 5 or 6 times due to the nice weather we've been having.

I also have A* leather pants.  They go up way past my belly button and are too tight at the waist.  Then they have all this extra space around the butt and thighs.   Undecided   They are a size 12 and I usually wear an 8. 

Also sporting the A* boots, which I love.  No women's gloves seem to fit my short, fat mutant hands.  So I wear Alpinestars, mens' size small. 

I have the misfortune of living in the middle o' nowhere and usually have to order my gear without having seen it or tried it on in advance.   These reviews help!!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 01:07:49 PM by Saltwater*Cowgirl » Logged

'I am always doing that which I cannot, in order that I may learn how to do it.'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: