Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:16:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women's Gear....  (Read 18018 times)
jdubbs32584
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 11:24:28 AM »

I love my Ducati textile 80's jacket. It has armor in it and has done pretty well on 90+ degree days in high humidity. It doesn't work in the rain though. It fits me very well, although it rides up a smidge in the back. I'm only a small C so it fits great around the boobage but I suspect ladies with more blessings than I might find it a bit snug up there.

Also, I have the Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 pants. They Rock! They're several inches too long but I finally found some pants that fit my butt and thighs (problem area for me). They're great winter pants.

Still trying to find summer pants and a waterproof/winter jacket. Here's what I was thinking about for the jacket: http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/textile_jackets_and_pants/tour_master/ladies_transition_series_2_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html
Foxtrotter

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »

I've had really good luck with calling the company customer service department for anything I am interested in and asking to speak with a female rep to determine the true size for me.  Then you can be comfortable saying stuff like "my gigantic a$$ (or ghetto booty) and thunder thighs" without feeling creeped out.  The scary thing is how widely the sizes range for pants (so far, my jackets have all been L and they seem to fit fine, though some not as well as others)--I'm a 5' 2--3" size 10 and I've looked at gear that would make me something like XXXL for one company and M for another.  I like the M just fine, but the XXXL?Huh?  Come on, that's just hurful!  laughingdp

For jackets, I have all size L, but there are some differences I've noticed.  As someone said earlier, Joe Rocket seems short in the torso (which is fine, since I am too) and loose in the waist/tight in the bust.  Icon seems to fit the curves pretty well, as does Power Trip.  Scorpion is a little tight in the bust, but also has more adjustments along the sides which help you work around that.

For pants, I have A* XL, which are big enough to wear multiple layers under, such as long undies plus flannel-lined jeans; Rev'it 42 which fit really well and am waiting on Scorpion XL pants, which, judging from the M size I saw in the store, may not be big enough.  As someone who lost a lot of weight in the last few years (65 lbs--whoo-hoo!!)and has worked really hard to keep it off, I find it really annoying that I can buy medium shorts or pants in a regular store, but need XL (or bigger!) in gear, but those pants were just tooo cute not to give it a try!   cheeky

Our Stable--two wheels and four legs, happily sharing the barn:
'08 1100 S HyperMotard, '09 Monster 696, '08 Kawi Versys, '07 Suzuki GZ 250,
Four Missouri Foxtrotters
Foxtrotter

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2008, 03:06:53 AM »

Oh, and forgot a good tip for boots--if you have wide feet, Men's sizes are a good option.  Not sure if boys sizes are wide too, but might be work checking.   Grin

Our Stable--two wheels and four legs, happily sharing the barn:
'08 1100 S HyperMotard, '09 Monster 696, '08 Kawi Versys, '07 Suzuki GZ 250,
Four Missouri Foxtrotters
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »

pants are the last piece of gear that I need to find.
Would love something I can throw over my dress pants so I could ride to work more.
My guy has a pair, but I cant for the life of me find any..  any online suggestions?

oh, and foxtrotter...  I have to say..  I seriously envy your barn.   Smiley
jdubbs32584
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »

pants are the last piece of gear that I need to find.
Would love something I can throw over my dress pants so I could ride to work more.
My guy has a pair, but I cant for the life of me find any..  any online suggestions?

oh, and foxtrotter...  I have to say..  I seriously envy your barn.   Smiley

The ballistic pants I mentioned above are good for the cooler weather to throw on over dress pants. The're roomy enough and I've found them to be very comfortable. I haven't found anything yet for summer weather so I'm anxious to see suggestions...
jdubbs32584
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »

Ok, just bought the Tourmaster Transition Series 2 jacket. I got it in black, a small, and it fits awesome.

Chest area:
I'm not .... gifted  Wink in the chest area (a full B, small C) so its not tight across the chest. There's room for some bigger boobage but a small will start getting tight pretty quick I would think.

Shoulders:
I had to move around one of the shoulder armor pieces but they fit well. Decent articulation for a heavy weight, waterproof jacket with armor and insulated liner.

Arms:
I wish they were a smidge longer but they provide plenty of coverage and look like they'll do especially well protecting from those pesky wrist drafts that occur.

Waist:
LOVE! Its highly adjustable in this area. I have a small waist but big hips so it was nice to be able to cinch the waist in to fit better. Plenty of room for those who need it as well.

Hips:
This jacket is a good length I think. When standing, it ends midway down my butt, maybe a little longer. Also, it has a zipper attachment, both the male and female parts so you can take the extra piece and sew it into a pair of pants.

I'm going to take it for a true test ride tomorrow and then all of next week I'll test it out in chillier (PNW) weather as opposed to the 80-90 degree weather we're having in NC right now.

The jacket is more of a winter/rain jacket. It has great reflective stripes and all sorts of nifty pockets. I like pockets.

I'll take some pics of me wearing it tomorrow and let you girls know how it works.
sikducgrl

Crazy? Possibly, but do YOU want a boring life?

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2008, 04:15:12 AM »

I could have SWORN I had good pics on my comp, I am going to have to hunt them down. I moved everything around recently.
BUT.....
Here are track pics, so you can get a decent idea about the helmet.

Off her Rocker, having a blast, trying to keep up with the boys, cored her exhaust out of winter boredom, woodcraft clip ons (need to be more agressive), Irish rear (no rear), and the wing nut that rides her is just as much fun......we call her the Bebe!
sikducgrl

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2008, 04:17:19 AM »

I am pretty sure I did that right, but I can't see it, can anyone else see it?Huh?Huh? I just get that pretty white box with the big red X.........it marks the spot if you can get to it.

Off her Rocker, having a blast, trying to keep up with the boys, cored her exhaust out of winter boredom, woodcraft clip ons (need to be more agressive), Irish rear (no rear), and the wing nut that rides her is just as much fun......we call her the Bebe!
lytehouse

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2008, 07:48:22 AM »

Sparky....after a long search, I found these: The Olympia Airglide II

http://www.motogearoutlet.com/pants.htm

They are easy off & on and fit true to size. Hope that helps.    waytogo

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:51:10 AM by lytehouse » Logged
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2008, 04:48:22 AM »

I am pretty sure I did that right, but I can't see it, can anyone else see it?Huh?Huh? I just get that pretty white box with the big red X.........it marks the spot if you can get to it.

here's your picture Smiley

sikducgrl

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2008, 04:06:24 AM »

Tini, you're the best!!!!!
I can't find the other pics, I know that they are on my hard drive somewhere......I suppose I should get rid of all of the stupid pictures that I find and keep, or at least organize them, so that I can find the 360 degree pics of the $1K helmet.
That and I need to start thinking up ideas for the next one. You can never have too much gear.......or t least that is what I keep saying.

TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »

Tini, you're the best!!!!!

Wink Smiley

jdubbs32584
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 07:39:11 PM »

Do any of you ladies have any experience with this: http://www.newenough.com/pricing/private/2482

I'm looking for a jacket that will attach to my jean belt loops since my Ducati 80s jacket rides up a bit and can get drafty.

Thoughts? (lemme know if the link doesn't work)
DesmoDiva

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2009, 07:47:51 PM »

I don't have that particular jacket, but my mesh does have the belt loop thingies.

They do help preventing the back of the jacket from riding up.   waytogo

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2009, 04:21:14 AM »

Do any of you ladies have any experience with this: http://www.newenough.com/pricing/private/2482

I'm looking for a jacket that will attach to my jean belt loops since my Ducati 80s jacket rides up a bit and can get drafty.

Thoughts? (lemme know if the link doesn't work)

that looks like a good solution JB  waytogo but i'm not a fan of the joe rocket gear...

i have that problem with my motoGP jacket... my alpinestars is longer, and doesn't ride up as much.

in the summer.... i get a sunburn on my lower back  laughingdp and if i'm wearing jeans... you can see my underwear  Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: