Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:26:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducatiz's Filter Forensics (you will like this)  (Read 43459 times)
errazor

07 S2R1K

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 11:02:44 AM »

It seems that Mobil 1 has a filter with the same quality as the Amsoil.

fasterblkduc : are You the new George?

76 SUZUKI GT 100,  88 YAMAHA TDR 250,  07 DUCATI S2R 1000.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 01:39:53 PM »

The Mobil1 filter isn't new but they don't make one for Ducatis

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 04:19:49 AM »

this is pretty cool...

offhand, here are a couple of sites that have done the same thing, but for suzuki/honda filters... construction seems to carry over btwn brands though

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterStudy.html

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/index.shtml

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
WhiteStripe

Monster Addiction

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 05:50:08 AM »

http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/Specsheets/TSB_oil_filter_particle_size.pdf

Here is an interesting Amsoil document about media.

2006 S2R 1000, Arrow CF exhaust, FatDuc 02, CF open cc with stock pp
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 07:59:02 AM »

Awesome thread and thanks for the hard work.

What brand of filter is the Ducati OEM ones?
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 08:02:29 AM »

this is pretty cool...

offhand, here are a couple of sites that have done the same thing, but for suzuki/honda filters... construction seems to carry over btwn brands though

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterStudy.html

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/index.shtml

that's the guy that gave me the idea a long time ago.  I cut mine open the same way he did.

Awesome thread and thanks for the hard work.

What brand of filter is the Ducati OEM ones?

UFI and Athena make them.  UFI has made Ducati oil and air filters for ages.  I don't know if Athena does anymore, but they still make them under their own name.  I have one I am going to cut open eventually.

Filters I'd like to/plan to do later:

Champion
Athena
UFI
Fiamm (which is Fram's international partner, but I know the filters are not the same)
Purolator (maybe, if someone can show me they are different than Fram's PH6019)

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 09:18:23 AM »

next time i change mine, i can prob send you a used oem one... i'll see how much oil i can drain out of it.

might be a bit more interesting than normal because i run a magnet on it... should be interesting to see how much sludge actually will accumulate due to the magnetism

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 09:40:22 AM »

I'm not cutting used ones.  I posted pics of an OEM filter with magnets a few years ago.  I can derby.  It picked up a good bit of swarf but it was TINY bits. 

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 09:44:08 AM »

I'm not cutting used ones.  I posted pics of an OEM filter with magnets a few years ago.  I can derby.  It picked up a good bit of swarf but it was TINY bits. 

ah, kk, thought i read that would be ok with used filters if they were really well drained.

and those pics would be cool, thanks Cheesy

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 10:06:11 AM »

ah, kk, thought i read that would be ok with used filters if they were really well drained.

and those pics would be cool, thanks Cheesy

I think I did this in 06-07?

The magnets are neodymium type, 1.5" x 0.5" x 3/16".  I put 3 on the filter, ran it for about 1200 miles.  The bike was fairly new at the time, an '05 S2R and it was the 2nd or 3rd oil change for the bike.

Thumbnails:  click for large.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 03:57:34 PM »

Hey, just in case, following filters also fit Ducati:

Bosch 0 451 103 139 or P3139[same filter], 0 451 103 129, same internal specs, one is 3 mm longer than the other[73mm vs 76mm]

Peugeot OEM# 1109 A2, AM 223 105 A, 1109 79, 1109 63, 1109 73

Mann W7129

Renault 770 141 5048

All these filters have 16 x 1.5mm thread

Need has a dog's face, that's a saying here in Panama and since no dealer, I had to start playing around the interwebs and my ESItronic and found this info...also found that some MB spark plugs also are a fit for our DesmoDue motors, the YR ; 7DC+ from Bosch
Anyways I've posted in the "Alternatives to Ducati parts" thread ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 06:08:15 PM »

Thanks for the info -- I wonder if those part #s are available in the USA or elsewhere.  Many companies will use region-specific part #s based on supplier.

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 06:14:21 PM »

Thanks for the info -- I wonder if those part #s are available in the USA or elsewhere.  Many companies will use region-specific part #s based on supplier.

The 10 digit Bosch numbers are available worldwide ... The P3139 is a US specific # though ... Will try to post specs for these filters as soon as I get my laptop back ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »

Bosch 0 451 103 139 or P3139[same filter], 0 451 103 129, same internal specs, one is 3 mm longer than the other[73mm vs 76mm]

Peugeot OEM# 1109 A2, AM 223 105 A, 1109 79, 1109 63, 1109 73

Mann W7129

Renault 770 141 5048

All these filters have 16 x 1.5mm thread

I found them.

ALl of them are spec for the Citroen 2CV  ... LOL

It really is true, Ducati snagged that 2CV filter ... Citroen collectors everywhere must love Ducati

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2011, 06:48:02 PM »

I found them.

ALl of them are spec for the Citroen 2CV  ... LOL

It really is true, Ducati snagged that 2CV filter ... Citroen collectors everywhere must love Ducati

Also, I posted in the "alternatives to Ducati ..." the spark plugs for the BMW F800R can be used on DesmoDue engines since they are a direct replacement for the Champion RC4G ..[whatever at this time] and DCPR8E[IX] ...

And BTW, Citroen collectors, STOP buying our filters, you're making them expensive for us !!!

Carlos
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: