Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 11:59:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducatiz's Filter Forensics (you will like this)  (Read 43573 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2017, 07:28:48 AM »

I will be shutting down my photobucket account due to them turning into a-holes and cutting my storage space in half after i paid a year's fees in advance last year.

I'll move the pix somewhere and update the links.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
GK

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2017, 12:33:57 PM »

PB mongrels!

They need a new company motto!

Photobucket, destroying Internet forums the world over!

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
EEL

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2017, 12:48:57 PM »

Being the greedy bastard that I am, I had always wished you'd done a ducati OEM filter as well for reference.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2017, 08:59:27 AM »

Being the greedy bastard that I am, I had always wished you'd done a ducati OEM filter as well for reference.

I did a used one.  Photos are posted.

The main issue with the Ducati factory filters is that they are outsourced to Fiamm or Athena and change over time.  I have early 1980s factory filters with the old school DUCATI logo, early 2000s and current models.  The old one weighs the least, early 2000s weighs the most.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: