Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 03:24:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 782740 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 02:02:15 PM »

My apologies to the OP for having to do this, but if Cyrus doesn't knock off the mall ninja bullshit...

he will go away.

I did this in public Jud because you're acting like a baby...and babies that act up in public...get spanked...in public.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »

coffee

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »

what's people's experiences/recommendations for close in AND distance optics on an AR style rifle?    acog with rmr on top of it as combo (isn't rmr then rather high)?   something with a small reddot over on a 45 degree mount partly under to side of main optic?  (warne mount).   aimpoint with magnifyer that moves out of way?    None of those?

no easy way to try different things cheaply to see...some friends at range, but most using iron sites so....

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »

If it's a flat top receiver, I would go with an Eotech. Very user friendly for CQB and you can use it out to 400.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
DRKWNG
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »

I'm an Aimpoint guy myself.  Eotechs are nice, but the two that I have had ate through batteries rather quickly and ultimately had battery terminal failures rendering them nice paperweights. 

You're welcome to check out my kit when it all arrives Chris.  I'll let you take the SR-15 out some time to see how you like the M68.
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 03:17:22 PM »

and if it were a .308 with a 20 inch barrel and the close in stuff was highly secondary?    Grin

drkwng, that'd be great.   thx.  waytogo

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
DRKWNG
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »

and if it were a .308 with a 20 inch barrel and the close in stuff was highly secondary?    Grin

Move to Virginia so you can own an SBR.   Evil
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 05:35:32 PM »

All I know is the make the beast with two backsing thing was accurate as hell, the rounds were huge.....

Which is why I want a bolt 50.

Not to brag (or seem like a wanker), but I rarely need more than one shot. Now that I think of it, there's only two long guns in my entire arsenal that are semi-auto....

and if it were a .308 with a 20 inch barrel and the close in stuff was highly secondary?    Grin

My brother just had a neato Panther Arms AR built in .308 cal.....I like it a lot.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »

Not to brag (or seem like a wanker), but I rarely need more than one shot. Now that I think of it, there's only two long guns  

Ever shoot in a 25mph Full Value wind at 900m?

fastwin
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »

I'm an Aimpoint guy myself.  Eotechs are nice, but the two that I have had ate through batteries rather quickly and ultimately had battery terminal failures rendering them nice paperweights. 

You're welcome to check out my kit when it all arrives Chris.  I'll let you take the SR-15 out some time to see how you like the M68.

Me too. Me likey Aimpoint. But I do have Trij Reflex on flat tops and love them too. Gotta like the no battery thing about the Reflex. Still, the Aimpoints kick ass and I have never had a battery failure when it was important. Of course being a civie I don't have many "important" moments... thankfully! Eothechs are nice. Don't have any but have many friends that are stoked on them. No "paperweight" issues but I am sure anything will make the beast with two backs up given a chance to do so. bang head
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 06:06:18 PM »

Eotechs are nice, but the two that I have had ate through batteries rather quickly and ultimately had battery terminal failures rendering them nice paperweights. 

Never seen that, but if it happened in a gunfight you can use the glass as a large rear aperture and align and center the front sight post in it. Works well. Give it a try fly boy.  Cheesy

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 06:30:07 PM »

Me too. Me likey Aimpoint. But I do have Trij Reflex on flat tops and love them too. Gotta like the no battery thing about the Reflex. Still, the Aimpoints kick ass and I have never had a battery failure when it was important. Of course being a civie I don't have many "important" moments... thankfully! Eothechs are nice. Don't have any but have many friends that are stoked on them. No "paperweight" issues but I am sure anything will make the beast with two backs up given a chance to do so. bang head

Next time your shooting with your Aimpoint, I want you to try something. Put your front dust cover on. If you shoot
with both eyes open (which you should). Works well out to about 100.

fastwin
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 01:26:32 AM »

I'm sorry, it's early and the coffee hasn't kicked in. I do shoot with both eyes open. I'm not following the dust cover suggestion. Please explain for the slow among us. Grin Thanks! waytogo
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010, 01:42:49 AM »

Ever shoot in a 25mph Full Value wind at 900m?

what does full value mean?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DRKWNG
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010, 02:07:52 AM »

Never seen that, but if it happened in a gunfight you can use the glass as a large rear aperture and align and center the front sight post in it. Works well. Give it a try fly boy.  Cheesy

ASS!    Cheesy

what does full value mean?

Big and blustery, just the way Darryl likes his women.    Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: