Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:58:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 789430 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2010, 02:12:13 AM »

what does full value mean?

Big and blustery, just the way Darryl likes his women.    Grin

Roll Eyes

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2010, 02:27:10 AM »

laughingdp

I googled it.

Smiley

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2010, 02:38:52 AM »

Non-C.I.P. conforming British military issue overpressure .338 Lapua Magnum cartridges with a 91.4 mm (3.6 in) overall length, loaded with 16.2 g (250 gr) LockBase B408 very-low-drag bullets were used in November 2009 by British sniper Corporal of Horse (CoH) Craig Harrison to establish a new record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in combat, at a range of 2,475 m (2,707 yd).[4][5][6][7][8][9]

link to wiki piece:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.338_Lapua_Magnum

This is an insult to the Pez community
fastwin
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 02:46:38 AM »

Thanks for that follow up. waytogo

Mmmm, big and blustery women. Someone dating my ex? laughingdp
willz2155

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 03:35:55 AM »

didnt think this would be good in the other post, but this thing was fun, and i figured some other people would dig it too.  we ran into a few of these during my first deployment to iraq, this was the only one we were able to get back to our base.  we would blast around our little fob on this death trap, it always felt like it was going to tip over, but that just made it a little more fun.  we were able to take the bike back home with us, but customs said we couldnt bring the pea shooter back, even if we left the bolt behind.

this is what it looks like now

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 07:17:45 AM »

Big and blustery, just the way Darryl likes his women.    Grin

Hey...what the...son of a... Cheesy

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
DRKWNG
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 07:21:43 AM »

Hey...what the...son of a... Cheesy

Grin
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 07:23:35 AM »

I'm sorry, it's early and the coffee hasn't kicked in. I do shoot with both eyes open. I'm not following the dust cover suggestion. Please explain for the slow among us. Grin Thanks! waytogo

A lot of times in very bright light, the red dot can tend to "wash out" if you don't have it turned all the way up. (which you shouldn't) Keeping the front dust cover on will give the red dot a black background. Give it a try, let me know what you think.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 08:13:00 AM »

Corporal of Horse (CoH)

Those wacky Brits.  Cheesy

rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2010, 08:24:59 AM »

and if it were a .308 with a 20 inch barrel and the close in stuff was highly secondary?    Grin

drkwng, that'd be great.   thx.  waytogo
what's people's experiences/recommendations for close in AND distance optics on an AR style rifle?    acog with rmr on top of it as combo (isn't rmr then rather high)?   something with a small reddot over on a 45 degree mount partly under to side of main optic?  (warne mount).   aimpoint with magnifyer that moves out of way?    None of those?

no easy way to try different things cheaply to see...some friends at range, but most using iron sites so....

Im feeling your dilemma Chris.  

Ive got a cheap but powerful scope on the LAR-8 which will do for now.  

The AR has the BUIS. The gun is missing "something".

Went to my local gun shop.  I held an Eotech 512, then I held the bullet drop compensating Leupold AR scope, then I held the Eotech, then the Leupold.........then I bought a Sig 250.

I am leaning towards a paperwei.....I mean Eotech 512.

Hey Drk.......wanna get rid of a paperweight?  My dad was a TV repairman......he's got an awesome set of tools.......I can fix it!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 08:29:42 AM by rgramjet » Logged

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
fastwin
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2010, 10:37:58 AM »

A lot of times in very bright light, the red dot can tend to "wash out" if you don't have it turned all the way up. (which you shouldn't) Keeping the front dust cover on will give the red dot a black background. Give it a try, let me know what you think.

I got it. Yes, the dot can wash out, even on my Reflex sights. I'll play with that trick next time I'm plinking with the Aimpoint. Thanks for the tip. waytogo

I recently got one of the Leupold AR scopes in 3x9 w/mil-dot reticle. Have it on a 16" flat top in ARMS mounts. I am very happy with it. Nice scope and typical clear Leupold optics. Just happened to get it doped in the fastest I ever have with any optic. Just lucky and good clean living! laughingdp If someone is looking for a scope for any .223 I think they are damn nice. Comes in 3x9 and 4x12. One inch tube but it seems to work fine, wasn't looking for 30mm bulk anyway. Opticsplanet.com had them on sale when I got mine.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:46:52 AM by fastwin » Logged
rgramjet

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »

What height rings are you using with the AR scope? 

BTW, youre not making my decision any easier!  :-)

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

DRKWNG
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2010, 11:16:54 AM »

[Hey Drk.......wanna get rid of a paperweight?

Yep.
rgramjet

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »

PM Inbound

-Sofadriver

fastwin
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2010, 11:28:48 AM »

Sorry, I'm often accused of causing needless trouble. laughingdp

I just checked the AR with the Leupold. I have an ARMS #19 quick release/throw lever base and the rings are also quick release/throw lever. I have had this stuff forever. I tried to look on line at ARMS stuff to get the number for the rings. The rings seem to be #22s but I can't find that ARMS still makes these in one inch. Everything I saw were #22s in 30mm. Did ARMS stop making those rings in one inch? Anyone know?

Anyway, comparing my set with ARMS on line pics mine seem to be "high" rings. So I have high rings on top of the #19 base. Sounds real tall but it doesn't look that way to me when it's mounted up. I'm an average size guy, 5'9" and 175lbs and that set up fits me perfect with my typical AR check weld on a standard non-collapsible stock. Had I not looked into it I would have guessed that they were medium height, but they are for sure the high rings.

Good luck with your optics hunt. Are you looking for red dot sights or for scope magnification?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: