Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:46:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 789414 times)
Pip
BRRAAAAIIINNNNSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

ROLL TIDE

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 02:31:45 AM »

Brother picked up an M&P 15-22 last week for $150 bucks.  Evil

Thing apparently runs like a top. Can't wait to run some rimfire through it.

"You can fight a lot of enemies and survive, but not your biology."

Wouldn't fat air be easier to disappear into?
cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 05:01:38 AM »

Took my 12.5hr CCW Class yesterday.

Wow, what a long boring day of classroom work. It was mostly about parts of the gun, how to load, unload, etc etc.

The most interesting was when the attorney came in to talk about the legality of the law. It just so happened it was the attorney that the Attorney General goes to for law interpretation, so it was VERY informative. No more on the law, back to the class.

It was kind of scary some of the people in there and the guns they purchased as a first one.

Most of the women had little .380 Keltec's with Pink Frames or the equivalent in Ruger (can't think of the model). I have a Keltec .32...........I wouldn't call that a beginners guns, but to each their own.

The next best part was the shooting portion. We did some cool defensive shooting drills surrounded by the "Simon Says" principle. I really enjoyed that and think when I go to the range next, I will practice more shooting like this verse straight target shooting. It makes it a bit different when someone is trying to confuse and trick you. Makes you really think before you pull the trigger.......which is always good.

Anyway, I now have my certificate and will be calling later today to schedule my appointment to get finger printed and apply for my license. Ohio is a "shall issue" state, so there is no reason I'll be denied  waytogo

Then to figure out how to get the out of state FL permit so it adds a few states that I frequent which OH permits don't work.

No Longer the most hated DMF Member.

By joining others Hate Clubs, it boosts my self-esteem.

1999 M750 (joint ownership)
2004 S4r (mineeee)
2008 KLR650 (wifey's bike, but I steal it)
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2010, 05:06:19 AM »

I believe the Utah permit covers 32/50 states.

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2010, 05:13:54 AM »

I believe the Utah permit covers 32/50 states.

Let's keep these comments offline.

Statler's second post said something to do with gun laws and I am sure this probably falls under it, so we best stay away or better yet, I better.

Yeah, UT is another out of state one you can get. I just need to research. In no hurry.

2004 S4r (mineeee)
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2010, 05:30:09 AM »

so...on a different note/subject...I am moving in with my GF and her 11yo munchkin daughter in a month-ish here....I currently store my arms in the cases without a problem, but now I need to get a locker or something for them....I have 4 pistols, 1 shotgun, and 4 rifles( and I am not sure where I am going to stick my carrying cases if I take them all out-at least out of the hard ones anyways)....I looked at the lockers at Dick's Sporting goods and am considering purchasing there, but want a little input from you guys as to what brands are sufficient and better or worse and what not...and I am kind of on a budget here because of moving expenses...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2010, 05:35:52 AM »

Factual stuff about shall issue versus may issue versus good cause to issue are fine.  As is reciprocity fact stuff.     Just don't debate them.  Smiley

Pm is always safer on a borderline topic.   

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2010, 05:58:08 AM »

Factual stuff about shall issue versus may issue versus good cause to issue are fine.  As is reciprocity fact stuff.     Just don't debate them.  Smiley

Thanks for the clarification, Chris.

Hard to debate that issue.....but attorney's can debate anything  Grin

2004 S4r (mineeee)
fastwin
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 06:40:53 AM »

Glad I saw this before I posted this link. No politics with this just Supreme Court law regarding gun owner rights. Hope this is OK by DMF rules. Just let me know if it isn't, I don't think so but the Admins are the boss on this stuff:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100628/ap_on_go_su_co/us_supreme_court_guns

fastwin
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 08:32:40 AM »

so...on a different note/subject...I am moving in with my GF and her 11yo munchkin daughter in a month-ish here....I currently store my arms in the cases without a problem, but now I need to get a locker or something for them....I have 4 pistols, 1 shotgun, and 4 rifles( and I am not sure where I am going to stick my carrying cases if I take them all out-at least out of the hard ones anyways)....I looked at the lockers at Dick's Sporting goods and am considering purchasing there, but want a little input from you guys as to what brands are sufficient and better or worse and what not...and I am kind of on a budget here because of moving expenses...

I have big Browning gun safes. Too much and too expensive for your needs. What's the locker like at DSG? Is it a small normal stand up type gun safe. I know they sell those here in town at Academy Sporting Goods store. How big and heavy is it? What's your budget? House or apartment? I keep some gun related items stashed away in my house attic. Normal burglars don't waste time going through your attic. High speed low drag is what they are all about. Snatch and go.
cyrus buelton

aka JuddDDDdd

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2010, 08:46:02 AM »

Maybe I'll post up my half-assed defensive training target tonight, but then again, it makes me a target. I did hit 30 of the 35 market areas, and my five "flyiers" were still on the paper, just not exactly where they were supposed to go.

I'll explain the drill. I found it very useful and will probably incorporate this in to my training.

2004 S4r (mineeee)
zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »

I have big Browning gun safes. Too much and too expensive for your needs. What's the locker like at DSG? Is it a small normal stand up type gun safe. I know they sell those here in town at Academy Sporting Goods store. How big and heavy is it? What's your budget? House or apartment? I keep some gun related items stashed away in my house attic. Normal burglars don't waste time going through your attic. High speed low drag is what they are all about. Snatch and go.

it was a 5foot tall by 2 foot by 2 foot with a circular style key...it was a Stack-On brand advertised as a 10 Gun Steel cabinet....seems not quite like I might need...but then again...I think the cabinet was labelled wrong and not sure what it was since they had no keys to any of them...I was hoping to be around $200 range....I know if I needed to, I could certainly build one with Plywood and make it pretty darned sturdy and keep the munchkin from having access...but I don't have the time right now...

98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
hihhs

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2010, 10:03:32 AM »

I'll explain the drill. I found it very useful and will probably incorporate this in to my training.

Please do. I am interested in hearing about this. waytogo
I like anything that breaks the monotony of target shooting.
Well, short of targets that shoot back, that is.

Monster 1100
rgramjet

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2010, 10:16:35 AM »

it was a 5foot tall by 2 foot by 2 foot with a circular style key...it was a Stack-On brand advertised as a 10 Gun Steel cabinet....seems not quite like I might need...but then again...I think the cabinet was labelled wrong and not sure what it was since they had no keys to any of them...I was hoping to be around $200 range....I know if I needed to, I could certainly build one with Plywood and make it pretty darned sturdy and keep the munchkin from having access...but I don't have the time right now...

Ive got one of those......it was my first gun cabinet.  I bolted it to the framing in the back of my closet.  Ill trade you 3 cases of Pilsner Urquell for it!

I live semi near Dietles.....you can pick it up tomorrow!

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »

Ive got one of those......it was my first gun cabinet.  I bolted it to the framing in the back of my closet.  Ill trade you 3 cases of Pilsner Urquell for it!

I live semi near Dietles.....you can pick it up tomorrow!

yeah...bring it to Dietles (or you can PM your addy and I'll swing by after work tommorrow) and lemmee look at it(if you don't mind)...I was looking online at this one...

http://stack-on.com/securityplus/gun_cabinets_and_pistol_boxes/gc-18c.html

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3748769&cp=2367438.2367824.2292572.2292624

but once again...sometimes touching the product means more than specs on the screen...

2010 KTM 990 SM-T
rgramjet

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »

http://stack-on.com/securityplus/gun_cabinets_and_pistol_boxes/gc-908-5.html

This is the one I have.

-Sofadriver

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: