Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 25, 2024, 03:42:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 839769 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4125 on: December 26, 2012, 04:50:15 PM »

doesn't show what?  Huh?

Shows up in your reply.  Wink

Seems it shows up now. I even quoted his post, copied the link into a new tab and it said something along the lines of "can't find file"

Anyhow, nice example of adapt and overcome waytogo

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4126 on: December 26, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »

Mmmmm SASS.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #4127 on: December 26, 2012, 07:10:28 PM »

Yea using those rounds first time out is like saying "oh let's shoot this .50 Cal one handed"..  big surprise is coming...  

other then that,  how do you like the tri rail?  Seems useful without the recoil stock?

I'll see how the Tri-Rail works without the slippin' and slidin' of the Blackhawk stock.

Santa came a day late today with the following gift...

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4128 on: December 26, 2012, 07:45:30 PM »

Anyone have an AR chambered in 5.45 ?

I bought a shitload of that ammo a while back planning to pick up an AK74 and now am thinking to just get an AR upper in it.  It was too good a deal to pass on.

I know S&W's MP15 came in a version with it.

All the "kits" I've seen have a CAR type barrel/gas system.  I prefer the full length barrel.

Is there a reason they're all using the shorter barrel?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4129 on: December 26, 2012, 07:52:27 PM »

Because its tacticool.

Grin

I don't think that round benefits much from the longer barrel. If I'm remembering correctly (probably not), I think that round was designed to be fairly unstable, much like the original 5.56 load.  What weight bullet is yours?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Snake

« Reply #4130 on: December 27, 2012, 12:06:53 PM »

I believe Rock River makes a 5.45 upper.  I don't think S&W still makes theirs.  I could dispose of a few thousand rounds of that 5.45 for you  Evil

I picked up a Century Arms "Bulgarian" AK74 a year ago for about $380, what a blast.  The supply of Russian surplus ammo seems to have dried up, though. I paid $119/1080 when I bought the gun.  AIM has it for $169/1080 now, but it's always out of stock.

2008 S2R 1000 - 2010 M1100 - 2011 Subaru WRX
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4131 on: December 27, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »

I picked up a Century Arms "Bulgarian" AK74 a year ago for about $380, what a blast.  The supply of Russian surplus ammo seems to have dried up, though. I paid $119/1080 when I bought the gun.  AIM has it for $169/1080 now, but it's always out of stock.

I paid $80/can for mine..  Evil

I don't think that round benefits much from the longer barrel. If I'm remembering correctly (probably not), I think that round was designed to be fairly unstable, much like the original 5.56 load.  what weight bullet is yours?

Actually, I think I figured that out -- remembering the '74 and '106 both have a 16" barrel..

I just prefer the long sight line.. maybe the dissipator type.. hmm..  Model 1 has a nice kit.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
The Architect

« Reply #4132 on: December 27, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »

Santa came by a little late to see me.  He brought me the one piece red thermals (with the poop chute) I've always wanted.

He also dropped this off

IMAG0286 by anzalone22, on Flickr

Ruger SR1911, 45, made in America.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:10:55 PM by The Architect » Logged

Snake

« Reply #4133 on: December 28, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »

I just put 2 spam cans (2160 rounds) of Russian 5.45x39 on backorder at sportsmans guide.  They said it was due in around January 21, 2013....we will see!  Price was $170 per can, which is average now (compared to AIM surplus and Wideners).  The free shipping sealed the deal for me. Now let's keep our fingers crossed and hope the ammo actually shows up  Roll Eyes

2008 S2R 1000 - 2010 M1100 - 2011 Subaru WRX
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4134 on: December 28, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »

Santa came by a little late to see me.  He brought me the one piece red thermals (with the poop chute) I've always wanted.

THAT'S CALLED A UNION SUIT YOUNG MAN

He also dropped this off

Great.  Santa Claus. Straw purchaser.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4135 on: December 28, 2012, 05:01:26 PM »

He also dropped this off

Ruger SR1911, 45, made in America.
We should go to the range. waytogo

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

The Architect

« Reply #4136 on: December 29, 2012, 03:53:55 AM »

We should go to the range. waytogo

There's an indoor range in Belmont I want to try.    Wink

But I first need to get some ammo.  It seems scarce around these parts.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4137 on: December 29, 2012, 04:48:49 AM »

There's an indoor range in Belmont I want to try.    Wink

But I first need to get some ammo.  It seems scarce around these parts.
It's scarce everywhere

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4138 on: December 29, 2012, 05:05:11 AM »

A lot of things are scarce these days. I just bought 5 ar mags and 2 stripped lower receivers at Nov 2012 prices. I'm happy.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4139 on: December 29, 2012, 05:14:30 AM »

Hopefully after everyone calms the make the beast with two backs down availability will stabilize.

Prices won't return to pre-frenzy levels I'm afraid.

perspective

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: