Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 25, 2024, 03:44:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 839773 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4110 on: December 22, 2012, 06:36:30 AM »

Went to the range last night to sight in the new rifle.  Guy in the next lane over had an authentic MP-40 with him, and let me put a few bursts down range.   drool drool drool

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4111 on: December 22, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »

Sweet! Nice surprise Christmas present. waytogo

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4112 on: December 22, 2012, 11:48:31 AM »

Sweet! Nice surprise Christmas present. waytogo

Expensive too, as I ruined the trousers I was wearing.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4113 on: December 22, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4114 on: December 22, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »

Expensive too, as I ruined the trousers I was wearing.

Stained your Capri pants?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4115 on: December 22, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »

I prefer to call them knickers.

rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #4116 on: December 22, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »

Clam Diggers.

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4117 on: December 22, 2012, 08:56:33 PM »

Clam Diggers.

Folks are too young to remember those  Cheesy

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #4118 on: December 26, 2012, 02:58:25 AM »

So, I gave the Blackhawk Knoxx recoil suppressing stock are try last Saturday.

Can't say that I'm a fan, but I can't really write it off yet, for a number of reasons.

1)  The spirit of full disclosure requires I mention that prior to taking my Mossy 500 to the range on Saturday I had never, ever, fired a shotgun before.

2)  It didn't help that I used Remington Magnum 12 gauge 00 Buck in 3 inch shells.

My buddy had a Remington 12 ga with some bird shot of some sort or other.  It kicked pretty good, but nothing compared to what I experienced with the Mossberg and 00 Buck "Magnum".

I've replaced the OEM stock on the Mossy and will give it a try with some bird shot as well as a couple of the Magnum 00 Buck shot.

(Question: Is the Remington "Magnum" Buckshot really a stronger charge, or is it just marketing?  Anyone know?)

Another problem with the Blackhawk recoil stock is that the stock and the rest of the shotgun are moving in relationship to one another.

I'm not he-man, but I'm no wimp either.

When I fired the thing I sought to control the front end with a firm grip on the forend.  Yet, when you fire off a round the front of the gun (everything but the stock) moves backward MORE than the stock does.  It slides about 1 to 2 inches.

The problem is that my two arms and hands are trying to control this monster and in so doing are kinda locked in position relative to one another.  So my left hand is trying to control the front of the gun, the front of the gun is moving back MORE than the stock in my right hand.

The first problem here is that my left thumb runs into the mini picatinny rail on the forened (I have the "Tri-Rail" 500.  So, this REALLY hurts like a Mo Fo.  It kinda shreds one's thumbnail.  Subsequent efforts to hold down the forend are pathetic.  My thumb gets busted up pretty good.

After about 4 shots I remove the dam mini picatinny rail on that side of the forend.

The other interesting (in a bad way) thing to happen is that as I try to control the front of the gun while it is recoiling backwards the I loose my grip on the forend a bit, but my grip re-establishes itself as soon as the recoil absorbing springs send the front of the gun back forward.  This means that I'm pumping the gun and ejecting the spent shell all at the same time I'm firing the weapon.

This may sound very efficient, but to me it is nothing other than a lack of control.  NOT good.

So, the OEM stock in back in place, I've got a couple of boxes of bird shot in shorter shells, and when I get the chance I'll try them out for a comparison.  Then I'll probably reinstall the Blackhawk stock and try the bird shot.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4119 on: December 26, 2012, 04:59:41 AM »

Yes you can expect more recoil with those loads.

I have used shotguns with "impact attenuators" before and i don't care for them.  There are some that use sand or mercury in a sealed tube inside the butt. Those work a little but none work well IMHO.

Sounds to me yours has a problem in that it allows the receiver to move backwards.  That's fine if you're not holding it.  I've seen rifles with a recoiling barrel but never the whole receiver. 

Practice with some low recoil rounds then some regular recoil.  Those magnums are magnum for a reason.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #4120 on: December 26, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »

Yea using those rounds first time out is like saying "oh let's shoot this .50 Cal one handed"..  big surprise is coming...  

other then that,  how do you like the tri rail?  Seems useful without the recoil stock?

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4121 on: December 26, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »

One of my boys using his built in monopod on a range in PR.  Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4122 on: December 26, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »

One of my boys using his built in monopod on a range in PR.  Evil

Picture doesn't show...

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4123 on: December 26, 2012, 04:43:24 PM »

doesn't show what?  Huh?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4124 on: December 26, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »

Picture doesn't show...

Shows up in your reply.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: