Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 21, 2024, 12:26:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 838268 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4140 on: December 29, 2012, 05:50:20 AM »

Hopefully after everyone calms the make the beast with two backs down availability will stabilize.

Prices won't return to pre-frenzy levels I'm afraid.

I think it will (availability)

Prices I'm not sure about. I think as demand drops prices will too.  Time will tell.  All we can do is go along for the ride and see where it ends up.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4141 on: December 29, 2012, 06:01:23 AM »

I think it will (availability)

Prices I'm not sure about. I think as demand drops prices will too.  Time will tell.  All we can do is go along for the ride and see where it ends up.
They'll drop some...

but I don't think they'll go all the way back to where they were.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

The Architect

« Reply #4142 on: December 29, 2012, 06:46:19 AM »

Hopefully after everyone calms the make the beast with two backs down availability will stabilize.

Prices won't return to pre-frenzy levels I'm afraid.

I think you're right.  We've shown that we are willing to pay the higher prices, why lower the costs?

Last weekend I went to Rody's and the Barn Store, two local small gun shops.  I was completely surprised to see the parking lots full and the shelves empty.      bang head. You're right Nate; everyone, calm the make the beast with two backs down.

Raux
« Reply #4143 on: December 29, 2012, 06:51:54 AM »

calm down, and get the prices low so when I got to buy next year I can afford the stuff
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4144 on: December 29, 2012, 06:55:56 AM »

I think you're right.  We've shown that we are willing to pay the higher prices, why lower the costs?

Last weekend I went to Rody's and the Barn Store, two local small gun shops.  I was completely surprised to see the parking lots full and the shelves empty.      bang head. You're right Nate; everyone, calm the make the beast with two backs down.
I was in Skip's right after the incident in CT.

The lot was full...lined up at the counter 3 deep...and primers were already $3/K higher than the week before.

I bought some anyway because I was out. Most of the online vendors warehouses are empty, and when stock is replenished don't be surprised to see prices higher.

It's economics, and right now the market will bear whatever they want to charge.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4145 on: December 29, 2012, 08:27:02 AM »

A lot of things are scarce these days. I just bought 5 ar mags and 2 stripped lower receivers at Nov 2012 prices. I'm happy.

Good score.   I ended up getting another five Pmags and six more G17 mags a few days before everything went to hell, then the S&W MP15 right afterwards.  There's a gun show going on down here this weekend, and word is (I'm not going near the zoo) that the price of everything is through the roof.  5.56 is selling for a cool grand per thousand rds, and cheap Bushmaster ARs are running out the door at $2500. 

Hell, as much as I don't want to go, I'm almost tempted to show up with my new AR on my back and a sign that says make offer.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4146 on: December 29, 2012, 11:13:41 AM »

Good score.   I ended up getting another five Pmags and six more G17 mags a few days before everything went to hell, then the S&W MP15 right afterwards.  There's a gun show going on down here this weekend, and word is (I'm not going near the zoo) that the price of everything is through the roof.  5.56 is selling for a cool grand per thousand rds, and cheap Bushmaster ARs are running out the door at $2500. 

Hell, as much as I don't want to go, I'm almost tempted to show up with my new AR on my back and a sign that says make offer.

Which show?  I might take one of my extra NIB aks to sell....

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4147 on: December 29, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »

Which show?  I might take one of my extra NIB aks to sell....

Nation's show, at Dulles.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4148 on: December 29, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »

Nation's show, at Dulles.

Totally forgot about that.  Ill be there.  Better be there early.  I talked to s/o today and it was overfill yesterday.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4149 on: December 29, 2012, 05:31:21 PM »

30rd ar mags $13 and in stock

http://www.classicfirearms.com/accessories/ar30thermold

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4150 on: December 29, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »

Classic Arms is good people.  I have shopped them for years.  They used to have classic-arms.com and forgot to renew it so they changed their name to classic firearms.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:57:56 PM by ducatiz » Logged

derby

« Reply #4151 on: December 29, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »

how to the thermolds compare to the pmags?

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4152 on: December 29, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »

Never used those. I've had Pmags work fine in a variety of bad conditions. Glad that I bought up the 30 I have before things went nuts.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4153 on: December 29, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »

how to the thermolds compare to the pmags?

They are ok.  They've had some issues over the years.  I have some m14 thermolds which suck but iirc the current batch are the same glass reinforced nylon as the orlite mags. 

Pmag m3 actually changed the mag shape slightly after a lot of research into the best feed angle.  The older pmags, thermold, orlite all use the same geometry as the original colt design.  No one has reexamined this until now.  They even tweaked their 20round mag.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4154 on: December 29, 2012, 08:53:09 PM »

Give the Troy mags a shot.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: