Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 11:18:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 841997 times)
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #3885 on: October 01, 2012, 10:24:15 AM »

And more video (which I'm trying to figure out how to use with my math class):

High Speed Video of Pistols Underwater - Smarter Every Day 19

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
stateprez

« Reply #3886 on: October 02, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »

I'm not so much as gun guy as someone who is fascinated by the potential of 3D printing.  Anyway, came across this and thought it germane to this thread.  As the technology develops further and amateur enthusiasts get involved, it could lead to some cool stuff.

http://www.businessinsider.com/it-is-now-possible-to-download-and-3d-print-a-working-ar-15-assault-rifle-2012-8
http://www.inc.com/erik-sherman/3d-printer-stops-diy-guns.html

'03 999 Mono
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

« Reply #3887 on: October 02, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »

I can no longer post gun stuff in the gun stuff forum as it is too gun stuff related.  laughingdp make the beast with two backs THIS FORUM AND ITS MICRO MANAGING MOD! IM OUT! chug

Go ahead and delete this post Roll Eyes What a crock.

2012 Monster 1100EVO Black/grey
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #3888 on: October 02, 2012, 02:52:27 PM »

I found an SKS AK today at the local gun shop for just over $400.  The only thing about it, someone put something on it at the whole outside is tacky/sticky.  Anyone know what might be on it?  It looks a lot older than the CIA branded AKs right beside it.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #3889 on: October 02, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »

Cosmoline?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
derby

« Reply #3890 on: October 02, 2012, 02:54:41 PM »

I can no longer post gun stuff in the gun stuff forum as it is too gun stuff related.  laughingdp make the beast with two backs THIS FORUM AND ITS MICRO MANAGING MOD! IM OUT! chug

angry much?

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3891 on: October 02, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »

I found an SKS AK today at the local gun shop for just over $400.  The only thing about it, someone put something on it at the whole outside is tacky/sticky.  Anyone know what might be on it?  It looks a lot older than the CIA branded AKs right beside it.

JM

Hard to say, but I'm sure you could clean it off.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3892 on: October 02, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »

angry much?

small pee-pee

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #3893 on: October 02, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »

Cosmoline?
Not sure, I've heard of it, but haven't encountered the stuff before.

Hard to say, but I'm sure you could clean it off.

It seems like a decent gun for the money, so that was my exact thought.  Buy it and clean it good.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3894 on: October 02, 2012, 03:52:57 PM »

Huh? Did I miss something? Huh?

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
Goat_Herder

« Reply #3895 on: October 02, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »

With all the smiling faces...

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3896 on: October 02, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »

Not sure, I've heard of it, but haven't encountered the stuff before.

It seems like a decent gun for the money, so that was my exact thought.  Buy it and clean it good.

JM

A lot of the combloc guns come packed in it.  I used to stick the stock in the dishwasher to steam it off.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #3897 on: October 02, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »

No yuck in the dishwasher after?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3898 on: October 02, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »

No yuck in the dishwasher after?

Run it a few times empty if any left  It's just grease and dissolves pretty well with regular dw detergent.  You'll have to refinish the stock too if it's one of the old ones unless you don't mined the water stained look for a while.  I usually just sand it and use tung oil.

I mean, you don't put it in without getting as much off as you can first.  Scrape it, etc. 

The big problem with cosmo and wood stocks is that they absorb so much of it.  It's funny with a AK or SKS when the barrel starts to glow a bit and the stock starts smoking -- the cosmo is cooking out.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #3899 on: October 02, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »

That just makes it more water proof when the stock takes on petrol products like that Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: