Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 11:18:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 841996 times)
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #3900 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »

A lot of the combloc guns come packed in it.  I used to stick the stock in the dishwasher to steam it off.

@ Journeyman....You could also leave the stock outside under direct sunlight, the sun will heat the stock enough to cause the cosmo to seep out then just wipe it clean with a towel periodically.

It will take a few hours to get it all out but I did it with my Mosin and it worked perfectly.

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3901 on: October 03, 2012, 08:55:44 AM »

@ Journeyman....You could also leave the stock outside under direct sunlight, the sun will heat the stock enough to cause the cosmo to seep out then just wipe it clean with a towel periodically.

It will take a few hours to get it all out but I did it with my Mosin and it worked perfectly.

It really depends on how much cosmo there is.  The recent Mosin imports were all re-aresenaled guns and they cleaned the cosmo off.

Years ago I got a Yugo Mauser -- came to me wrapped in paper and the barrel was plugged with cosmo.  It came out in about 2 feet like toothpaste and under the barrel was another few lbs. of it.  They literally soaked them in it -- warmed it up, dunked them in a barrel of liquid cosmo and then wrapped in apaper like a fish.

So your mileage may vary.  I got a Yugo SKS that was the same deal. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #3902 on: October 03, 2012, 02:39:44 PM »

I took a good look over it today.  COATED in cosmo.  The bolt, when fully retracted slowly slides forward into position. Some cleaning will be required it looks like.  Otherwise, it's a really solid piece. 

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3903 on: October 03, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »

I took a good look over it today.  COATED in cosmo.  The bolt, when fully retracted slowly slides forward into position. Some cleaning will be required it looks like.  Otherwise, it's a really solid piece. 

JM

probably a good idea to disassemble the whole thing.  you can use brake parts cleaner on the metal, that's the quickest and cheapest. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
the_Journeyman

« Reply #3904 on: October 03, 2012, 02:54:14 PM »

Yea, I was already looking on info about breakdown and cleaning.  It looks to be fairly simple overall so it might find its way to my house!

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3905 on: October 03, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »

Yea, I was already looking on info about breakdown and cleaning.  It looks to be fairly simple overall so it might find its way to my house!

JM

You said it was an SKS AK -- what does that mean?  Is it an SKS or an AK? 

Some of the SKS use AK mags, they are called "SKS D".. they are purely commercial, never used in any military.

There used to be a great SKS website called Simonov.org, but it's long gone.  he had a registry of all the russian and chinese factories.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:58:33 PM by ducatiz » Logged

the_Journeyman

« Reply #3906 on: October 03, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »

It's a SKS.  It was racked with a bunch of AKs and I "assumed" it was an AK and saw the SKS marking on the tag, and albeit wrongly thought it was an AK with SKS being the brand.  It just has the basic 10 round setup, so I don't think it's a D.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3907 on: October 03, 2012, 03:12:04 PM »

It's a SKS.  It was racked with a bunch of AKs and I "assumed" it was an AK and saw the SKS marking on the tag, and albeit wrongly thought it was an AK with SKS being the brand.  It just has the basic 10 round setup, so I don't think it's a D.

JM

I love the belly mag on the Sks.  You don't need more for recreational shooting.  Some people put a butt pad on to increase lop because its made for tiny Europeans.

Is it the standard model or carbine?  I have a couple of each.  Love em.

the_Journeyman

« Reply #3908 on: October 03, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »

Hard to tell, I don't know a ton about them.  I think it would be the standard model since it's noticeably longer than the AKs it was racked with and most of the carbines racked nearby.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #3909 on: October 04, 2012, 05:57:23 AM »

45-70 round, how large of a game can it take down.  After the shotgun,I want some marlin lever action fun..

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
zach (Slag)

« Reply #3910 on: October 04, 2012, 05:59:06 AM »

Bison.

zach (Slag)

« Reply #3911 on: October 04, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »

45-70 round, how large of a game can it take down.  After the shotgun,I want some marlin lever action fun..

Bison.

I must amend that statement.  Bison would be the correct answer for native animals to the US. The 45/70 has been used to take down the big 5 in Africa; elephant, rhino, hippo, cape buffalo, and lion.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3912 on: October 04, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »

What's the consensus on the best pocket 9 or 380 that a poor painter can afford?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #3913 on: October 04, 2012, 12:56:10 PM »

Find one that fits your paw and your price range and has a good name.

I've had zero issues with my Ruger SR9C and probably have 1000 rounds of home loads through it.  After I found a load that would cycle the slide ok and went to a softer primer I've had no fte, no ftf, no squibs just holes in paper and smoke in the air.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #3914 on: October 04, 2012, 12:57:46 PM »

What's the consensus on the best pocket 9 or 380 that a poor painter can afford?

i never come in the gun thread
but i noticed this post - go figure

why do you need a new gun?
i've seen your wife's musket  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: