Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 21, 2024, 01:23:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 838120 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4260 on: January 16, 2013, 02:51:29 PM »

Why is lead trickier?
It's somewhat limited as to powders that are really suitable because it requires lower speeds, and if you don't have the right expanding die the bullet will start crooked and shave material on the edge of the case which will kill accuracy. You also should slug your bore to make sure the bullets you buy are sized properly. They need to be .001 larger than the rifling.

Add that if you use a FCD incorrectly for a lead bullet as opposed to a taper crimp die you could re-size the bullet and make it too small for the bore.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Stella

« Reply #4261 on: January 16, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »

I haven't seen this variation of family representation on the back window of any vehicles until today.   I like the little two-fisted gunslinger in the middle  Wink

The family that shoots together, stays together:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 03:04:14 PM by Stella » Logged

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4262 on: January 16, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »

I haven't seen this variation of family representation on the back window of any vehicles until today.   I like the little two-fisted gunslinger in the middle  Wink

The family that shoots together, stays together:

waytogo and  laughingdp

but mostly  waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #4263 on: January 16, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »

Okay, this is madness.

eBay auction for a pair (2) ten round magazines USED.

60 bids

Winning bid $482.00

Huh? Shocked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-10-round-223-5-56-magazines-/221177061956?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=oHcIcPtRlSXpkxwrOK30KR7mHz8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4264 on: January 16, 2013, 05:37:32 PM »

Holy crap

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4265 on: January 16, 2013, 05:38:48 PM »

I'll sell em 10 30rd mags for that coin. What a dumbass.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4266 on: January 16, 2013, 05:41:10 PM »

I'll sell em 10 30rd mags for that coin. What a dumbass.

lol  I was going to say.  Might be time to sell off some of these extras that I've got laying around...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4267 on: January 16, 2013, 05:46:15 PM »

The dumbass season is among us. Roll Eyes

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #4268 on: January 16, 2013, 08:23:35 PM »

Well, if anyone has a few 10 round mags they want to sell for a decent price please let me know.  I only have the one mag that came with my rifle.  And here in California 10 round mags are the legal limit.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

sugarcrook

Facultative Carnivore

« Reply #4269 on: January 16, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »

That's about the top of the limit for a single stage press.

An inexpensive way to get into it would be to go with a Lee Classic turret which should be capable of your needs and then some.

This place is the only outfit that offers that press in a kit... http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/23840

Of course they're out of stock...people are going way past panic, and the system is overloaded. You can build your own kit by buying what's included. You'd also need a pair of 6" calipers, dies for the calibers you want to reload, a kinetic hammer to pull bullets when you make the inevitable mistake, as well as some books. The ABC's of reloading is a good resource for the basics, and the Lyman #49 manual has loads for almost every bullet and powder.

You might want to try and find components before you buy a press. They are scarce. I'd recommend starting with plated or jacketed projectiles. Lead is trickier and isn't the best choice for a beginner without someone to show you the ropes, IMO.

Thanks for the info. I'm still doing a price comparison between a progressive and single stage rig. My goal is to do a full pricing analysis and share that with the class.

2013 BMW R1200R
2008 BMW K1200GT (Traded)
2007 Ducati Monster 695 (Sold)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4270 on: January 17, 2013, 06:49:08 AM »

Thanks for the info. I'm still doing a price comparison between a progressive and single stage rig. My goal is to do a full pricing analysis and share that with the class.

I can't imagine any good reason to get a single stage setup.

I want the Dillon 550 press.  400 rounds per hour.  I have a 50 lbs box of 7.62nato projectiles i bought ages ago just waiting for the day...

Single stage setup?  400 rounds per month.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4271 on: January 17, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »

Single stage is good for experimenting.

Want to change something like powder charge, or bullet seat depth?  It's easy with a single stage.

I want the 550 as well.  Production, baby!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4272 on: January 17, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »

Single stage is good for experimenting.

Want to change something like powder charge, or bullet seat depth?  It's easy with a single stage.

I want the 550 as well.  Production, baby!

gotcha.. i would probably not experiment too much, just find good load profiles and make a shitload of them.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4273 on: January 17, 2013, 01:39:54 PM »

I love these commercials!

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4274 on: January 17, 2013, 03:29:40 PM »

I can't imagine any good reason to get a single stage setup.

I want the Dillon 550 press.  400 rounds per hour.  I have a 50 lbs box of 7.62nato projectiles i bought ages ago just waiting for the day...

Single stage setup?  400 rounds per month.
400 rounds a month is pretty low.

I can do 100 rounds/hour on my single stage.

That said, who doesn't want a Dillon?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: