Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 09:25:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 838044 times)
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #4335 on: January 23, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »

Kop, can I use that pic...

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4336 on: January 24, 2013, 05:48:45 AM »

Kop, can I use that pic...

Sure

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #4337 on: January 24, 2013, 06:06:17 AM »

Purchased a new CZ 455 Varmint in .17HMR last week....

scoped it with a Weaver T series Benchrest 36x40 AO scope...which is kind of like taping a spotting scope to your rifle

also mounted a nice Harris bipod on the front swivel button

got a 30 yard zero set on it at the indoor range on Saturday...36x at 30 yards is a bit of a challenge

had it at the outdoor range on Sunday....finished the elevation dial-in,,,,,couldn't pry it out of my son's hands...he sat there shooting and giggling for 4 hours

shooting dime-sized target pasters at 100 yards with Hornady 17 grain v-max ammo, 200 yard line was closed for repairs

Also traded an AR 15 for a friends pristine Springfield M1922 M2 training rifle in .22....haven't shot that yet  got a brick of RWS 100 and a brick of Lapua Midas to dial that one in

when it gets a little warmer out...they are incredible tack drivers if they aren't abused or shot-out....this one is cherry  and it is an actual M2 not a re-struck/rebuilt MI to MII version

I see more small bore in my future...

pics to follow when I get inspired

This is an insult to the Pez community
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4338 on: January 24, 2013, 06:15:40 AM »

CZ makes great rifles, and pistols for that matter. Great out of the box quality at reasonable prices.

I have 2. One in .223 and a 22lr.

Does that one have the set trigger? Did you try it?

Enjoy.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #4339 on: January 24, 2013, 07:12:02 AM »

CZ makes great rifles, and pistols for that matter. Great out of the box quality at reasonable prices.

Enjoy.

No set trigger...unfortunately those went out with the 453 series at least as far as rimfires go. I think you can still get it in centerfire models I already have a 452 Lux in 22WMR that I love which is why I went to CZ again for the Varmint in .17hmr

YO Dave makes a trigger tuning kit for it so I may get there if I don't like the trigger after my son breaks it in for me :-)

I do love the CZ rimfires...you get near-Anschutz accuracy at less than half the price...and they are built like real rifles not like upgraded Pellet guns

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #4340 on: January 24, 2013, 07:15:13 AM »

Purchased a new CZ 455 Varmint in .17HMR last week....

scoped it with a Weaver T series Benchrest 36x40 AO scope...which is kind of like taping a spotting scope to your rifle

also mounted a nice Harris bipod on the front swivel button

got a 30 yard zero set on it at the indoor range on Saturday...36x at 30 yards is a bit of a challenge

why am I envisioning a moment of you with this in the backyard in NC siting in the rat varmits like Carl the groundskeeper in Caddyshack in the scene night hunting for em?

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #4341 on: January 24, 2013, 07:20:26 AM »

why am I envisioning a moment of you with this in the backyard in NC siting in the rat varmits like Carl the groundskeeper in Caddyshack in the scene night hunting for em?

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #4342 on: January 24, 2013, 07:39:51 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

you laugh...but on a scale of 1-10 (10 being 100% reality), how likely is this scenario?

98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4343 on: January 24, 2013, 07:43:09 AM »

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #4344 on: January 24, 2013, 07:59:23 AM »

waytogo

WarrenJ

« Reply #4345 on: January 24, 2013, 08:26:49 AM »

Those 1922's bring back some memories.  We were started out on 1922's, graduated to Rem 513's and then Rem 40X's.  I didn't start competitive smallbore until I was a senior in highschool.  Wish I could have started sooner.  Made NRA Distinguished Expert the first year.  Became an NRA instructor in '88 and generated several state champions and went to the National Championships at Camp Perry for 50 Yard 3 Position '06 - '09 as a coach/competitor.  Its quite a sight being on the line with 200 shooters per relay.

I sold two Anshutz 1807's and my Walther GX-1, but I still have a Feinwerbau 2000 and 2600, a Rem 513 and 541-XR and a H&R M12 I picked up from the CMP at Perry. 
My FWB 2600 is the front rifle.

Addicting stuff

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4346 on: January 24, 2013, 11:45:15 AM »

Enjoy.

My good buddy with the ranch in west TX has a CZ rifle in .22mag and it's a damn tack driver! It's his spring turkey hunting rifle. I forget the scope but he has head/neck shot a pick up full of gobblers over the years with it! waytogo bow down Sweet little gun.

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #4347 on: January 24, 2013, 12:33:24 PM »

so, what is easier to mod and yet still cheap and fun to shoot?....a .17 like what Rat just got or a 10/22 Huh?...a Ruger 10/22 is one rifle I don't own that I have always danced around about getting one day...last time I was thinking about it, I ended up getting a lever action Henry Golden Boy .22lr with the octogon barrel instead...

mind you...this is for plinking purposes...

2010 KTM 990 SM-T
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4348 on: January 24, 2013, 12:48:35 PM »

Nothing like a good lever action .22lr! waytogo I have a Win model 94 that I will take to my grave. Since they stopped making model 94s my brother suggested a Henry... that's what he got his boys and what I ended up getting for my step son. I haven't regretted getting it for a second! Great gun and a hell of a lot cheaper than current model 94 prices.

Then again, I'll be taking my 10/22s to my grave also. Wink bacon laughingdp

Is there anything on this planet wrong with a .22lr rifle?

I didn't think so! Grin

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #4349 on: January 24, 2013, 12:58:16 PM »

so, what is easier to mod and yet still cheap and fun to shoot?....a .17 like what Rat just got or a 10/22 Huh?...a Ruger 10/22 is one rifle I don't own that I have always danced around about getting one day...last time I was thinking about it, I ended up getting a lever action Henry Golden Boy .22lr with the octogon barrel instead...

mind you...this is for plinking purposes...

The Ruger 10/22 has a huge after-market parts supply to custom tweak your rifle to fit your exact desired pathology.

The CZ's not so much but they are getting there bit by slowly. 

The 22WMR and the .17HMR are NOT cheap rounds when compared to your Jumbo Box O'Fun 22LR ammo pack from Wallyworld

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: