Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 02:53:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503031 times)
hunkypunk
« Reply #675 on: June 06, 2009, 07:12:39 PM »

Can do 10 at your casa..... anyone else heading up to the C [moto]

can we make it 1030? my son wants to come with his new honda...but he just got back from EU so who knows what his time frame will be like. I just know I will be ready by 1030
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #676 on: June 06, 2009, 07:23:35 PM »

can we make it 1030? my son wants to come with his new honda...but he just got back from EU so who knows what his time frame will be like. I just know I will be ready by 1030
His internal clock will be screwed up for a while depending on how long he stayed over there...darn Europeans anyway  Evil Grin
See ya at 10:30 and hopefully the rest of the gang [moto]
kingbaby

« Reply #677 on: June 06, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »

I'll be up for a crest run tomorrow morning. I'll probably run s14 early then meet up over at Dawns. I'll likely be eastbound and down in the 7:00-8:00 hour. My neighbors will LOVE me.

Are you runnin' the new pipe ?

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #678 on: June 06, 2009, 07:51:08 PM »

Are you runnin' the new pipe ?

Ran it today..   Here's a rough description..  Pull off mufflers, Run full open pipes.. .then subtract about.. 5-10 Decibles and warm up the tone a little bit.   Cloner called it a Menace that could be heard from a half mile back on the Crest road today.  The bike still ran strong, Contrary to what a lot of people have said about throwing odd-ball exhausts on Ducati's without tuning. (not to say it wouldnt be better with a PC3/Dyno-tune) I'm still Debating if I want to keep it as it is with the Extreme volume level or If I want to quiet it up..

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
kingbaby

« Reply #679 on: June 06, 2009, 08:28:57 PM »

Ran it today..   Here's a rough description..  Pull off mufflers, Run full open pipes.. .then subtract about.. 5-10 Decibles and warm up the tone a little bit.   Cloner called it a Menace that could be heard from a half mile back on the Crest road today.  The bike still ran strong, Contrary to what a lot of people have said about throwing odd-ball exhausts on Ducati's without tuning. (not to say it wouldnt be better with a PC3/Dyno-tune) I'm still Debating if I want to keep it as it is with the Extreme volume level or If I want to quiet it up..
Outstanding ! 

And yeah, I'm with you, I've heard about all I can stand about pipes  "destroying" motors, and or killing performance.
Leave the intake alone, and ride the crap out of it.  Can't wait to see (& hear) it. 

Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #680 on: June 06, 2009, 08:45:36 PM »

The funny part is when I was riding directly behind you going up to the crest the first time I could actually FEEL the exhaust pulses from the vertical cylinder's exhaust hit my face shield and pulse through the chin vent when you got on the throttle.

Screw quiet.  That thing sounds kinky!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:21:24 PM by Cloner » Logged

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Ratfink749

« Reply #681 on: June 06, 2009, 08:54:10 PM »

Yes I was quite surprised when it was warming up in the driveway and I could feel the exhaust pulses from about 15 feet away while it was idling. More than anything I was just impressed at the difference in handling I felt with the stock 20 lb monstrosity of a muffler removed. Tips in a lot better. Feels lighter. I'm all for it!!! 

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #682 on: June 07, 2009, 05:59:57 AM »

Looks kick ass!  wow.

Wear ear plugs!   I have a 72mm exhaust on my 1098s and when I open it, it hurts my ears (and tells the cops I am there  Police bang head)

I completely agree with kingbaby...ride it.  Unless you think it performance poorly, don't waste the $$ on the mapping and tune.

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #683 on: June 07, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »

Nice work ratfink...got to see and hear it at the Crest today waytogo
Might want to hand out complementary ear plugs to the person riding behind you Grin applause
Was good to see you out there riding...it's been a while Wink
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #684 on: June 07, 2009, 04:33:05 PM »

is it was amazing again today, my body is beat from the weekend with the crest....

but THP is doing the most excellent...very proud of ya honeys Kiss

and i love the exhaust RF, i had my headphones in but when u were twisting the trottle on 14 i could hear, now that is amazing Cool

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
The Plumber
« Reply #685 on: June 07, 2009, 04:35:50 PM »

Getting better... hats off to Godec/Zaster/Cloner for helping me out..

Thanks a ton..

M
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #686 on: June 07, 2009, 04:47:30 PM »

is it was amazing again today, my body is beat from the weekend with the crest....
I agree, THP has improved his riding skills by a few notches and most importantly has developed very safe riding habits.
BTW, your chicken strips looked a lot smaller after our first ride applause
Was nice to get together with a sizeable group to ride the Crest.  [moto]
kingbaby

« Reply #687 on: June 07, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »

and i love the exhaust RF, i had my headphones in but when u were twisting the trottle on 14 i could hear, now that is amazing Cool

Amazing as it is [hands in the air like David Copperfield] I understand what your saying... again   TADA !

Way to go THP  waytogo

Ratfink, If people start sayin' "your bikes to loud"   I recommend   "then pass me"  as a responce".   bow down

Sounds like a great ride today guys, sorry we missed it.  Dusty & I just got back home from our trips.  She did get to ride today, but 470mls with a 30mph cross wind doesn't sound as fun as the Crest.   
I do know they had a great ride yesterday to Estes park, and ended the day with a concert at Red Rocks.

Thank you THP & Mouse for taking care of our neurotic dog.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:21:42 PM by kingbaby » Logged

Ratfink749

« Reply #688 on: June 07, 2009, 08:35:45 PM »

Had a great time riding this weekend. Crest road is becoming more comfortable to me again. I'm getting some technique back that is really making the bike handle a lot better for me. I have a feeling I'll be investing in ear plugs at some point in the near future. As well as a new back tire. Few more minor tweaks to the exhaust and in time, a nice jet-hot sterling silver coating and she'll be doing mighty fine!!  I really enjoyed riding up in a group, it was a new expirence for me and I really enjoyed it. Great pace, good lines, and good friends made for a great weekend ride!!!!

And FWIW Ear plugs are overrated... at least I think thats what that guy was telling me. He wouldnt talk loud enough for me to hear.    Grin
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:23:01 AM by Ratfink749 » Logged

Dirty people say:
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #689 on: June 08, 2009, 07:20:18 AM »

Amazing as it is [hands in the air like David Copperfield] I understand what your saying... again   TADA !

Way to go THP  waytogo

Ratfink, If people start sayin' "your bikes to loud"   I recommend   "then pass me"  as a responce".   bow down

Sounds like a great ride today guys, sorry we missed it.  Dusty & I just got back home from our trips.  She did get to ride today, but 470mls with a 30mph cross wind doesn't sound as fun as the Crest.   
I do know they had a great ride yesterday to Estes park, and ended the day with a concert at Red Rocks.

Thank you THP & Mouse for taking care of our neurotic dog.

it is never a problem... whats family for....

im not a red head for nothing  Kiss laughingdp

jk Cool

Had a great time riding this weekend. Crest road is becoming more comfortable to me again. I'm getting some technique back that is really making the bike handle a lot better for me. I have a feeling I'll be investing in ear plugs at some point in the near future. As well as a new back tire. Few more minor tweaks to the exhaust and in time, a nice jet-hot sterling silver coating and she'll be doing mighty fine!!  I really enjoyed riding up in a group, it was a new expirence for me and I really enjoyed it. Great pace, good lines, and good friends made for a great weekend ride!!!!

we all have something to learn from each other, and its just wonderful cause everyone has different prespectives [moto]

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: