Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 03:10:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503207 times)
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #975 on: September 11, 2009, 08:00:18 AM »

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=29248.0

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #976 on: September 11, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »

Details please on Sandia Classic...Would love to visit and maybe get lucky on couple of Crest loops...Rain! Evil Thanks!

The Sandia Classic is at Sandia Motorsports Park west of Albuquerque.  To get there, get on I-40 westbound and get off at Paseo Del Volcan (exits from I-25 west of the Rio Grande are Coors, Unser, 98th St, then Paseo del Volcan) and turn left (south).  That area is under construction, so be careful.  After you cross over the interstate there's a stop sign at Central Ave.  Cross Central Ave and the next right is a frontage road.  There's no stop sign, but it's just a few feet...you'll turn right there.  Go out to Shelly Road (maybe a mile...I don't remember vividly, but I think there's a stop sign there) and turn left onto Shelly.  The track is out on the right.

Practice starts today at 2:00 and runs until near dark (or until it rains...whichever comes first).  Gates open tomorrow at 8:00 am and racing starts at noon.  I think it's the same for Sunday.  I believe there's flat track action Saturday night!!  There's vintage motocross and vintage roadracing.  There's also modern roadracing, as AHRMA (the event sponsoring body...American Historical Racing Motorcycle Association) has Battle of the Twins and Sound of Singles classes for modern twins and singles.  There's usually a vintage bike show and a swap meet where you can find lots of junk...er...stuff for sale.  I love junk.  Heck, I think there's even trials.  I love trials, too!

Come on down.  Maybe we can grab a brew after the racing stops.  All the fashionable HDHs will be there.   Wink

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #977 on: September 11, 2009, 08:12:41 AM »

u gonna ride or drive cloner

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Cloner

« Reply #978 on: September 11, 2009, 08:33:23 AM »

u gonna ride or drive cloner

I'm driving today.  I'm not sure about tomorrow, but I'm leaning toward riding unless I see something I need to bring a trailer or basket to retrieve from the swap meet.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #979 on: September 11, 2009, 08:44:26 AM »

coolio, i may just end up driving depending on the weather.....

plus i wont be there til that early afternoon

spankin™

JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #980 on: September 11, 2009, 08:45:06 AM »

Thanks Cloner! I'll plan to be there...I noticed the other post on Sandia Classic, but was not sure on details from the Sandia Speedway website.  chug sounds good! waytogo

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #981 on: September 11, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »

Yes we will be Sandia Classicing it tomorrow and it is supposed to be rainy.  So if you ride north tomorrow be sure to take rain gear.  If not it would be fun if you could join any of us.  And that goes for any of you out there.  Grin  Zaster? Are you in town?

Also, I know there is still one certain person we still owe a beer.   Undecided

I'm in town but will be working on Saturday.  Sad Let me know of any action on Sunday  [moto]

dusty
« Reply #982 on: September 11, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »

Don't know about Sunday yet, but if you like flat track racing we will be going Saturday night.  Let us know if you want to join us. 
Cloner

« Reply #983 on: September 11, 2009, 04:19:20 PM »

I volunteered as a corner worker for the weekend, so I have to be there at 7:00 in the morning.  Today's practice sessions were cool.   Only one get-off, and that in turn 5 at a fairly low speed.  The rider hurt her foot, but I think she'll be good to go tomorrow.

See me at the track!

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #984 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:11 PM »

Don't know about Sunday yet, but if you like flat track racing we will be going Saturday night.  Let us know if you want to join us. 
Thanks for the invite Wink FEDEX delivered my new computer this afternoon.....so I will be working on setup and data transfer.
Hope to see you all tomorrow [moto]
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #985 on: September 12, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »

I volunteered as a corner worker for the weekend, so I have to be there at 7:00 in the morning.  Today's practice sessions were cool.   Only one get-off, and that in turn 5 at a fairly low speed.  The rider hurt her foot, but I think she'll be good to go tomorrow.

See me at the track!

Hey!  I'm working the corner tomorrow myself!  I'm hoping for a couple of get-offs, at least.  I'm going to be in some different leathers so don't look for my usual get-up.

See me on South Nevada!

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Kawboy

« Reply #986 on: September 12, 2009, 06:33:33 PM »

Hey!  I'm working the corner tomorrow myself!  I'm hoping for a couple of get-offs, at least.  I'm going to be in some different leathers so don't look for my usual get-up.

See me on South Nevada!

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp  Is this a weekend thing?  We'll pick you up on the way in next weekend.

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #987 on: September 13, 2009, 05:50:01 AM »

WOW!! Shocked Shocked    The Springs will never be the same.... Ya got Lance work'n the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo also, Pimp Daddy Lance.....

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
dusty
« Reply #988 on: September 13, 2009, 07:20:00 AM »

Does Lance wear CFM's and a IZ_ purple hat??  I can already see it.   Cool
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #989 on: September 13, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »

Missed you all  [moto] today....happened to run into Ed on a Crest run
and had to do it a second time.
Sorry for not being able to meet up with the gang on Saturday
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 306   Go Up
  Print