Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 23, 2024, 05:41:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 534037 times)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1005 on: October 03, 2009, 01:41:51 PM »

I will be there, probably 10ish. I think I will give the Crest a go.
See you 10ish....some of the folks will be at the Sandia Motor Speedway to play on the track
and to see the new S1000RR in action. I'm planning on
checking out the action myself around lunch time.
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1006 on: October 03, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »

Have a new rear tire...planning on some crest ride tomorrow 10 or so...any takers...meet up at coffee at Dawn...look for red, white & green....Smiley

Ride forever...
Kawboy

« Reply #1007 on: October 03, 2009, 10:31:33 PM »

I'm going to forego some sleep and try to get to CAD around 10.  Haven't had a ride with the hooligans in quite a while.  And now that JJ had a new shoe we won't have to pussyfoot around.   laughingdp [moto] [moto]

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #1008 on: October 04, 2009, 10:21:56 AM »

First time up the Crest and I definitely pussy-footed.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #1009 on: October 04, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »

I met Zaster, Kaw-boy & JJ at CAD. They led me up the Crest. I haven't experienced that type of technical riding- switchbacks, hairpins, one after the other. Long Island, where I mostly live and ride, is flat and crowded. So, I was obviously going to be slow. I did try to work on form and rhythm. I'll get better.

It was great meeting you guys. It's funny how people sort of get along immediately when they have something in common. Riding is special and so are the people who love it.

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1010 on: October 04, 2009, 01:07:06 PM »

I met Zaster, Kaw-boy & JJ at CAD. They led me up the Crest. I haven't experienced that type of technical riding- switchbacks, hairpins, one after the other. Long Island, where I mostly live and ride, is flat and crowded. So, I was obviously going to be slow. I did try to work on form and rhythm. I'll get better.

It was great meeting you guys. It's funny how people sort of get along immediately when they have something in common. Riding is special and so are the people who love it.
Was great to meet you and as a bonus to get to ride with you and you did just fine....I'm sure your Monster will thank you for letting it be a monster.  laughingdp Grin
Enjoyed Kawboy's and JJ's company. JJ, was that second down hill run fun or what? Great show waytogo
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1011 on: October 04, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »

Zaster, the last ride down was awesome...thanks for the company Kawboy and Nick...was great meeting you Nick and glad you had a taste of NM's twisties...am sure you have a story for the NYers...u did well and survived...we should plan for the next weekend!!!

Ride forever...
kingbaby

« Reply #1012 on: October 04, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »

You could not have been in better company today  waytogo

Sorry I missed the canyon carving today (Those boys certainly know how to do it).

Welcome to the Hooligan Nation !

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #1013 on: October 04, 2009, 04:53:31 PM »

Thanks. Now I can't wait to get back to NY and slag through the commuter traffic.

kingbaby

« Reply #1014 on: October 04, 2009, 05:04:45 PM »

You'll have some great lines through them I'm sure.   [moto]

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1015 on: October 04, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »

Zaster, the last ride down was awesome...thanks for the company Kawboy and Nick...was great meeting you Nick and glad you had a taste of NM's twisties...am sure you have a story for the NYers...u did well and survived...we should plan for the next weekend!!!
Can't wait to do it again....Does that make me an addict....heck yaaah. [moto]
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #1016 on: October 04, 2009, 05:21:16 PM »

The bike in NY is an '01 M900 and is definitely hotter than the '97 I have here (fuel injected, Termis). And, when I get home, it will have a new set of BT-021's, which would seem to suit the type of riding I do. The issue is that I have fewer places back east to stretch the bike out. I mostly commute on it, on those days when I actually leave the house for work.

I'm wondering if I shipped the wrong bike out here. My thought was that I wasn't likely to sell the '97 and ABQ would be a better home as she gets older. I remarked to Kaw-boy this morning that the carbed Monster seems to be running better here at altitude than back in NY at sea level.

Of course, the ultimate answer is to gather up the money and buy another bike out here. I can see an S4R in my future.

nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #1017 on: October 04, 2009, 05:25:25 PM »

JJ- I will certainly have stories for the NYers, but most of them don't ride. I am a loner back home, never ride (or have ridden) with others. The exception was back in the 70's when I sometimes rode my CL350 with a childhood friend who had the first Ducati I ever saw, a 450 single. He totaled that, btw, and replaced it with a CB750. I rode the big Honda of his a few times- that bike was the shit back in those days.

Kawboy

« Reply #1018 on: October 05, 2009, 03:36:51 PM »

The bike in NY is an '01 M900 and is definitely hotter than the '97 I have here (fuel injected, Termis). And, when I get home, it will have a new set of BT-021's, which would seem to suit the type of riding I do. The issue is that I have fewer places back east to stretch the bike out. I mostly commute on it, on those days when I actually leave the house for work.

I'm wondering if I shipped the wrong bike out here. My thought was that I wasn't likely to sell the '97 and ABQ would be a better home as she gets older. I remarked to Kaw-boy this morning that the carbed Monster seems to be running better here at altitude than back in NY at sea level.

Of course, the ultimate answer is to gather up the money and buy another bike out here. I can see an S4R in my future.

It was good to meet and ride with you and Zaster and JJ. 

Are you happy with the BT-021's?  Those were the OEM tires when I got my bike and I thought they were pretty good   .  .  .   until I put on Metzler Road Tec Z-6's.  What a difference.  Like night and day.  There's a Concours forum that I frequent and whenever a new Concours owner talks about cornering and riding and such, the first thing everyone says is lose the Bridgestones. Now it may be that my bike is heavier, but they weren't good tires for my bike.  When I took off the Bridgestones, the front had cupped badly and I got only about half the mileage that I got from the Metzlers or the current Michelin Pilot Road 2's on it now.

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
nicrosato

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #1019 on: October 05, 2009, 03:42:30 PM »

Kaw- I won't actually be trying out the BT-021's until I'm back in NY. I'm replacing a set of Pilot Sports, which need replacing and didn't suit my style of NY riding.

The'97 I have here has Dunlop Sportmax front & rear. Seem OK, but I won't really test them until I do the Crest a few more times with you guys and learn how to ride.l

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: