Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 02:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 502985 times)
Plumbers Crack
Crack Kills

« Reply #1380 on: April 26, 2010, 03:40:14 PM »

The reason I skipped Krystle and Matt is that I'd like to extend an EXTRA SPECIAL thank you to you guys!  Without corner workers nobody gets to race, so not only did you come out to cheer a bit, but you actually made all of the racers' day possible by volunteering to come out and stand a post.  You guys are the best.  Thanks for taking a few pics and video, too.  I can't tell you how flattered I am that you thought enough of my meager skills to shoot video of me.  You're both TOPS in my book.

IMG_1322.MOV
IMG_1323.MOV
IMG_1325.MOV
IMG_1326.MOV

Sorry I don't have a censor button.. I Speak whats on my mind.
Plumbers Crack
Crack Kills

« Reply #1381 on: April 26, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making my first time out to the track awesome! I had a lot of fun watching the races and hanging out! Its nice to meet some really good people and see some familiar faces! Thanks Carl for befriending me and letting me into your circle of good people and friends! Now that I've meet everyone I look forward to rinding and the weekends can't come fast enough! hahaha! Thanks all!   MotoKaw636 (Adam)
It was good to see you ADAM!! I hope to see you again soon.. Smiley

I too will be blowing...er...happily spending my Sunday afternoon spectating a certain larger individual pilot an older Italian / American machine around a modified parking lot...

See you there!

Hey stew .. Smiley It was great to see you as well.. We are very lucky to have you in town.. Smiley I hope to see you more often..

Sorry I don't have a censor button.. I Speak whats on my mind.
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #1382 on: April 27, 2010, 04:03:53 AM »

Congratulations, Cloner, on actually getting that old hardware to the track. Looked great. And the sound was very nostalgic.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1383 on: April 27, 2010, 04:21:08 AM »

I can't thank all of you enough for coming out to support me in my efforts to become a better rider (and to have TONS of fun!).  Stew was first on the scene after Krystle and Matt, so I thank him first.  He was quickly followed by KB, Ed, Zaster, and Adam, so thanks to each of you, too!  Thanks for the assistance in the rejet.  I should have followed your advice, Stew, and gone to the 190 jet, but I'll get to that in a minute.

The reason I skipped Krystle and Matt is that I'd like to extend an EXTRA SPECIAL thank you to you guys!  Without corner workers nobody gets to race, so not only did you come out to cheer a bit, but you actually made all of the racers' day possible by volunteering to come out and stand a post.  You guys are the best.  Thanks for taking a few pics and video, too.  I can't tell you how flattered I am that you thought enough of my meager skills to shoot video of me.  You're both TOPS in my book.

As to results, I only ran two races today and I seemed to fight with the tuning on the old Aermacchi as much as I rode it.  I began this saga with a 230 main jet and the needle clip in its highest groove.  I started today wiht a 210 main jet and the needle in the third groove (the third of five).  During the first race (lightweight vintage...a class for which my Aermacchi is outmatched, anyway), the bike spat and sputtered each time I got anywhere near the top end, making for a rather embarrassing outing at best. 

After examining the spark plug we figured the bike was REALLY rich, so we jumped down a jet size and moved the needle to its present setting and got ready for the second race.  That race was a grid of five, with a pair of 175 Yamaha two strokes, a Ducati 250, a BSA 250, and me.  The two Yamahas jumped out to an early lead but I could sorta hold on to them from third place.  The Ducati stumbled a bit off the line, so I had a pretty good shot at a decent finish.  About three laps in one of the Yamahas retired just in front of me.  I spoke with him later and he said he thought it was too lean, as it had never run that well and he didn't want to seize it.  That made me feel pretty good, because I felt like I was reeling him in before he retired.  The second lap was my best time at nearly 1:13 flat, which is dead slow on my Ducati, but with this underpowered bike it nearly met my expectations of 1:10.  From there, the bike got hotter, and the rich jetting made itself apparent in a lack of pull through 6 and on the front straight, but at least it didn't stumble like it did in the first race.  My lap times steadily degraded into the 1:14s, then 1:15s, and finally a 1:16 to finish the race.  The Ducati caught and passed me about two feet from the start finish to take the checkers, so I figure if I had listened to Stew I'd have popped off a second place.  DRAT!  Oh well....I guess third isn't so bad in a field composed of real racers!   Wink

On a good note, the bike handled flawlessly and the one time I got it to break traction at the rear it was completely predictable and easy to control.  The melted right side of the tire bears testament that the old girl may not pull very well, but she can hold her own in the corners.  That's pretty cool for 43 year old hardware in my book!

Thanks, again, to everybody who came out to support me.  I know I'm pretty, but you didn't have to come all that way to look at me....so thanks!   bow down  For those of you who didn't make it, say thirty five Hail Scottys and thirty five Our Daddys and we'll call it even.   Grin

Cloner
ABQ, NM
SMRI #250

thx scott! that was just so much fun  waytogo nothing like doing some good and getting the BEST seat in the house  Grin it just makes my itch for getting out there even worse!
now i just need to get the couple of viedos i got up...

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1384 on: April 27, 2010, 04:21:45 AM »

Thanks, Nic.  The old girl ran pretty well after a little cajoling, hammering, crying, and outright rage.  I didn't realize how well the Aermacchi turns, though, until I climbed onto my MHe this morning and realized that it steers like a freight train by comparison.  I think I could get to like miniature motorcycles.   Evil

See you soon, I hope.

Cloner
ABQ, NM

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1385 on: April 30, 2010, 06:44:49 PM »

What the heck is wrong with this weather...must be the global warming Grin
Saturday might be OK to go for a ride while Sunday predicts cooler temps and a chance for precip Undecided
Cloner

« Reply #1386 on: May 01, 2010, 03:24:05 AM »

And even today it's not supposed to get up to 50 until afternoon.  Brrrrrrr.

Sounds like a good weekend to have a meeting about building a Coventry Eagle and maybe go to a swap meet down in Los Lunas on Sunday.

Where and when are you riding, Karl?

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #1387 on: May 01, 2010, 04:31:36 AM »

Karl, I'll meet you anywhere you want to ride....!    waytogo

I got my "Crappy Weather" riding license yesterday as I and a friend rode into Albuq. from Moriarity in wind, cold and snow...!    bang head     So, today can't be worse than that.   An electric jacket is a life saver....   

Scott, I'd be interested in the swap meet.  What's being swapped and where will it be held?    Smiley

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #1388 on: May 01, 2010, 06:30:33 AM »

Swap meet flyer:
I'm gonna try and make it down there.  I'm still on pain killers for having my wisdom teeth yanked out yesterday so we'll see.

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1389 on: May 01, 2010, 06:50:46 AM »

And even today it's not supposed to get up to 50 until afternoon.  Brrrrrrr.

Where and when are you riding, Karl?
Ya, it's still in the 40s Undecided

Karl, I'll meet you anywhere you want to ride....!    waytogo

I got my "Crappy Weather" riding license yesterday as I and a friend rode into Albuq. from Moriarity in wind, cold and snow...!    bang head     So, today can't be worse than that.   An electric jacket is a life saver....   

Scott, I'd be interested in the swap meet.  What's being swapped and where will it be held?    Smiley
I can't wait to do a Jemez loop or the Crest but with this latest weather it will take another 3 to 4 weeks until
these roads are rideable.  Cry

JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1390 on: May 02, 2010, 04:46:17 PM »

I can't wait to do a Jemez loop or the Crest but with this latest weather it will take another 3 to 4 weeks until these roads are rideable.  Cry

Drove through Jemez Loop last weekend and it seems ready for a cautious loop (Ice is gone from Valle Grande area, lots of gravel yet)...Let me know when you head north...May do the fudge run soon & up into CO! Where's Kawboy???  [moto]

Ride forever...
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #1391 on: May 02, 2010, 06:22:41 PM »

Ready and waiting!   waytogo

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #1392 on: May 03, 2010, 04:35:23 AM »

Drove through Jemez Loop last weekend and it seems ready for a cautious loop (Ice is gone from Valle Grande area, lots of gravel yet)...Let me know when you head north...May do the fudge run soon & up into CO! Where's Kawboy???  [moto]

i bet with the weather we got this past weekend, its crappy again  Undecided

if i know enough in advance i would like to join ya guys  chug

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #1393 on: May 07, 2010, 04:01:08 AM »

anyone this weekend? finally matt has a sat and sunday off  [moto]

he was talking wanting to go down over by pietown...or some sorts

spankin™

Cloner

« Reply #1394 on: May 07, 2010, 06:33:50 AM »

How about Jemez?

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: