Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 02:44:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 502936 times)
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #2115 on: November 05, 2010, 04:42:49 AM »

Bright weekend...whats going on with no riding posts? See you at CAD Saturday 10am...if no plans are made to go North. [moto]

Werd. Might be the last weekend. CAD would be a stretch for me, but I'd love to meet you kids somewhere more Northish. It would be on the Beemer, as both Ducs are down Cry

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #2116 on: November 05, 2010, 06:52:28 AM »

Bright weekend...whats going on with no riding posts? See you at CAD Saturday 10am...if no plans are made to go North. [moto]

I'll be there 24 hours later at 10:00 Sunday morning, for anyone interested.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
gratefulduc

« Reply #2117 on: November 05, 2010, 11:40:33 AM »

I am a Sunday man

as for Duc l'smart i wish i had the time to go north but until after my move ride time is pretty limited

'90 750 sport
NFJ79

« Reply #2118 on: November 05, 2010, 01:23:21 PM »

I think I'll join you guys Sunday. waytogo

2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #2119 on: November 05, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »

Can do Saturday and Sunday [moto]
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #2120 on: November 05, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »

Can do Saturday and Sunday [moto]
See you around 10 tomorrow Karl. Wonder where Ed is!?! Hope more show up... [moto]

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #2121 on: November 05, 2010, 07:35:46 PM »

See you around 10 tomorrow Karl. Wonder where Ed is!?! Hope more show up... [moto]
Cool, we can scrub in the new rear shoe on my 1098 [moto]
JJ

« Reply #2122 on: November 06, 2010, 01:09:54 PM »

Well, for those who missed out riding today...you have news!  The Tricolore and JJ took a spill...ofcourse the bike tore up all fairings...I fell on my back first with the spine protector taking an impact and slid on my back...unbelieveably my good old dianese took everything...i walked out clean..infact rode the bike back to PJ's without issues...the bike felt easier to handle without fairings! Thanks a ton to Pam for dropping me back to Santa Fe. Karl and Pam, I owe you anything you ask! Thanks also to Ed and Mike for helping with the bike and riding packed downhill...hell thanks to NMMR for being so supportive...

We had a good ride uphill...why the crash?..simply distraction...there were a lot of people uphill riding on the roads taking surveys..it was constantly on my mind downhill and then a blue car passing too close to yellow and it stayed in my head for fraction of a second...only to realize my bike had strayed too close to the paint strip on right...then the gravel...grass and then a nose dive..flew right out...lucky to be so fit after a crash like that!  This time, its perhaps a total loss..I needed a track bike and lets see what I make out of this deal...may not be that bad afterall once insurance settles.

I'm bikeless and I just hate that part! For everyone else please please buy a back protector...you can get the Alpinestar bionic back protector I used for less than 100 on ebay if nothing else...The way my back took the impact, the spine may have had it otherwise...

Cheers and enjoy riding while I sit and wait dreaming about my next ride...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:54:44 PM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #2123 on: November 06, 2010, 01:22:27 PM »

JJ,
I'm glad you're are OK which is more important than anything else.  waytogo A shitty way to end the riding season but then again you might end up with an awesome track bike and a new one to boot. If the weather allows us to do some more riding after all, you are always welcome to my S4RS if you don't mind caging it to my place. [moto]
Let me know if I can help in any way  Wink
gratefulduc

« Reply #2124 on: November 06, 2010, 01:40:36 PM »

JJ great news that your injuries were minimal due to gear! Sorry though that your bike is tore up and again i can't emphasize enough how grateful we all should be when we are able to walk away from what could possibly be fatal if not for great protection.
Riding fast and hard requires 100% concentration, as does riding anytime, its never wrong to stop and let your mind catch up when you aren't paying attention or feel distracted.....hell i start staring at billboards sometimes and catch myself rolling along at 80 mph, almost going off the road. dammit look straight ahead and watch what you are doing at all times

'90 750 sport
dusty
« Reply #2125 on: November 06, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »

Sorry to hear about your mishap JJ. So glad you are ok though. No doubt you will be back on the horse again soon. Big Hug!!
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #2126 on: November 06, 2010, 01:48:29 PM »

Well, for those who missed out riding today...you have news!  The Tricolore and JJ took a spill...ofcourse the bike tore up all fairings...I fell on my back first with the spine protector taking an impact and slid on my back...unbelieveably my good old dianese took everything...i walked out clean..infact rode the bike back to PJ's without issues...the bike felt easier to handle without fairings! Thanks a ton to Pam for dropping me back to Santa Fe. Karl and Pam, I owe you anything you ask! Thanks also to Ed and Mike for helping with the bike and riding packed downhill...hell thanks to NMMR for being so supportive...

We had a good ride uphill...why the crash?..simply distraction...there was a lot of people uphill riding on the roads taking surveys..it was constantly on my mind downhill and then a blue car passing too close to yellow and it stayed in my head for fraction of a second...only to realize my bike had strayed too close to the paint strip on right...then the gravel...grass and then a nose dive..flew right out...lucky to be so fit after a crash like that!  This time, its perhaps a total loss..I needed a track bike and lets see what I make out of this deal...may not be that bad afterall once insurance settles.

I'm bikeless and I just hate that part! For everyone else please please buy a back protector...you can get the Alpinestar bionic back protector I used for less than 100 on ebay if nothing else...The way my back took the impact, the spine may have had it otherwise...

Cheers and enjoy riding while I sit and wait dreaming about my next ride...

Damn, JJ... Sounds like something I would do!!!
So you're OK waytogo

Perfect timing too. Total your ride just before winter, pick up a new 1198s Corse in the Spring Grin

Keep us posted.

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #2127 on: November 06, 2010, 01:48:40 PM »

Wow, JJ.  I hardly know what to say.  I'm glad you're well, but it sucks that you wadded.  Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make things any better.  Take your time getting well.  You have a long winter to get remounted.

Cloner

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
JJ

« Reply #2128 on: November 06, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »

Thanks everyone!...surprisingly, I'm perfect...Molly thought I was joking and infact checked the garage to make sure I wasn't lying! But all of you know...u sit back and think it over again and again and again...its endless...

I'm hoping for the best for next spring...yes, maybe I'll have N awesome trackbike and fancy new Duc....for now remorse and dreams...of all things, I had to crash on a straight on the Crest!!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:30:22 PM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Duck-Stew

« Reply #2129 on: November 06, 2010, 02:56:52 PM »

JJ, my comments will mirror all the well wishes already posted, but I'm so thankful that you're ok, and that the bike is at least rideable!  If it ends up being a track bike with a salvage title and you want help putting it back to right, Scott or I would be happy ro lend a hand!!!  All the best my friend.  Cheesy

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: