Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 02:52:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503027 times)
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #2130 on: November 06, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »

bow down bow down bow down bow down

JJ, you are my hero (right after Jorge).

Glad you walked away, of course.  Everytime I've hit the asphalt, the first thoughts in that split second are, my God, I'm golden.  Thank you, God, for gear. 

Hope you have your bike ready to go by 4-20-11.  FUDGE RUN!!!!!    We got to get that going again.  Take care, my friend.   [moto]

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #2131 on: November 06, 2010, 06:16:18 PM »

JJ, As with everyone else, I'm glad to hear you are in one piece.  We all know Crest road has a bad habbit of beating up riders.  I hope you aren't feeling any pain in the coming days..  Hope all processes smoothly with the insurance company, and once again, glad you came out alright!

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Plumbers Crack
Crack Kills

« Reply #2132 on: November 06, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »

JJ.. Im glad your ok.. You had me worried there as the word was going around.. Smiley

Well you will have one sick ass track bike.. Smiley  Well keep us informed .. Smiley

Big hug..

M

Sorry I don't have a censor button.. I Speak whats on my mind.
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #2133 on: November 06, 2010, 09:15:45 PM »

Well, JJ it certainly has an "interesting" year riding.  We had some wonderful times, but the year wasn't supposed to end this way..... 

As I watched the drama unfold today in front of me in full color and real time, it did make my gut tighten up in steel knots!....  When I got turned around and stopped, I was most relieved and amazed that you were standing up and moving around.  You went down hard!  .....  I was even more amazed that the bike started and was rideable!.....  You and that Italian machinery are made of good stuff!   

You had the good fortune to crash in a place with few rocks, few trees and mostly damp dirt and weeds.  That helped to make your landing bearable. 

I hope that you have minimal pains for tomorrow.  You are one lucky dude to be here to tell the story.  By the way, your own mental tape of the event will play on an endless loop for the next few days.  But you seem to have a great attitude about it, so that will let the tape stop quicker.   

My good wishes are for you.  I hope the insurance adjustment is a good one and that we see you soon on the road and on the track with fine Italian machinery and new leathers! 

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
Duck-Stew

« Reply #2134 on: November 07, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »

Don't know if anyone made it up the crest this morning or not, but I did 1.5 runs on it this afternoon.  Minimal traffic, but cold.  Damn cold at our regular pace. 

Did a 2nd partial run up until it got cold (and as it did, my drive went away) and then turned around to call it for today.  CAD closes at 2 for those that didn't know (myself included)...

Had fun on 'Big Red' one last time before ol' man winter closes our fun till next year...

Cheesy  --Stu

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #2135 on: November 07, 2010, 04:57:11 PM »

Missed you Stew,
Had a good NMMR presence at the CAD around 10 and we made a run up the Crest. Traffic and temps where lower than normal which made our last run
for the season that much more memorable...great to see everyone. waytogo

nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #2136 on: November 08, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »

The good news is that JJ is in one piece. Sorry about the bike, but I'm sure you will end up with a nice new mount. Heal quickly, my friend.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #2137 on: November 08, 2010, 03:11:38 PM »

The good news is that JJ is in one piece. Sorry about the bike, but I'm sure you will end up with a nice new mount. Heal quickly, my friend.

Yeah.......and Nic probably knows where JJ can get a good deal on a Florida tagged HD, too!!   Shocked

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #2138 on: November 08, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »

Yeah.......and Nic probably knows where JJ can get a good deal on a Florida tagged HD, too!!   Shocked
Not sure if JJ would be able to get a knee down riding that HD Grin laughingdp
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:00:10 PM by Zaster » Logged
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #2139 on: November 08, 2010, 06:10:21 PM »

Funny, you know the old saying about cracking jokes on such things...anyway, guess I deserve it for being stupid about losing focus for a fraction...I can drop a knee down on. HD sprint aka Aermacchi.

If the insurance settles well...you are all in for a surprise next spring...BTW I was informed of a 3k accessory/ gear coverage on my super expensive Progressive policy.

Thanks Nic! & all of NMMR, the best group ever!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:13:47 PM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #2140 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »

..anyway, guess I deserve it for being stupid about losing focus for a fraction...
JJ,
Quit tormenting yourself about what happened...although I understand having been in similar positions.
Shit happens and as long as we learn from past experiences and are here to talk about it....that's life in general.
Count your blessings and move on  [moto]
Hope to ride with you for a long time  waytogo
NFJ79

« Reply #2141 on: November 08, 2010, 09:32:32 PM »

JJ,

Sorry to hear about the wreck.  Glad you're ok man!

2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #2142 on: November 09, 2010, 10:39:26 AM »

Shocked damn! im glad to hear your ok and hopefully settle on the bike and have a new track toy  waytogo

but we are here if you need anything [moto] or help putting the bike together..etc  Grin

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #2143 on: November 11, 2010, 07:56:12 AM »

Funny, you know the old saying about cracking jokes on such things...anyway, guess I deserve it for being stupid about losing focus for a fraction...I can drop a knee down on. HD sprint aka Aermacchi.

If the insurance settles well...you are all in for a surprise next spring...BTW I was informed of a 3k accessory/ gear coverage on my super expensive Progressive policy.

Thanks Nic! & all of NMMR, the best group ever!

I just got back from California or I would have commented on this sooner.

JJ....deserved's got nothing to do with it.  It's not a dig, it's a bit of levity in an attempt to lighten the tone of this dreadful episode.  I'd never say anything to any of you publicly to deride your skills or your demeanor.  It was intended as good natured humor and I hope you don't think I'm jumping on you or anything like that.  I have few enough friends that I can't afford to lose any over putting my foot in my mouth...which I'm good at.  No harm intended.

Meanwhile, Nic really would like to sell a Florida tagged HD....but I guess Rene's NM version will have to do.   waytogo 

Has anyone prepared an estimate for repairs, yet?

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #2144 on: November 11, 2010, 11:52:33 AM »

I just got back from California or I would have commented on this sooner.

JJ....deserved's got nothing to do with it.  It's not a dig, it's a bit of levity in an attempt to lighten the tone of this dreadful episode.  I'd never say anything to any of you publicly to deride your skills or your demeanor.  It was intended as good natured humor and I hope you don't think I'm jumping on you or anything like that.  I have few enough friends that I can't afford to lose any over putting my foot in my mouth...which I'm good at.  No harm intended.

Meanwhile, Nic really would like to sell a Florida tagged HD....but I guess Rene's NM version will have to do.   waytogo 

Has anyone prepared an estimate for repairs, yet?

Oh C'mmon who is serious and or was? No offense was taken ever... waytogo You are a Good Man Mr. Scott.  Evil It was a non typical crash, as I'm not sure yet on how I zoned out and strayed off...it was a fraction, but I went into another space! Weird as it sounds... Grin

No estimates yet...but Dillon said its easily a total...I'm hoping the buyout option on salvage is good if it is meant to be that way. I'll be working with you and Stuart on rebuilding the bike...Should be easy as I didn't see much issues with it...we hit a triple digit post crash on our way back to PJ's...as I said, the bike felt better without fairings...I can tell you folks about the intuitions I had about this and you wouldn't believe me...For one, Patch, my dog acted really weird when I was suiting up for the ride! 

Spring, next year is gonna be super fun... [moto]

Ride forever...
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: