Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 19, 2024, 02:20:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knives..what are your favorites?  (Read 209166 times)
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #270 on: November 25, 2010, 09:02:35 AM »

They are all the same place, gotta watch out as there are a lot of knockoff's from Pakistan on the market I've always been a khukuri fan, very practical tool

I'll have to look into the rajah in a bit, it's about time for me to upgrade my gerber edc...i'd like something a littler bigger but still not a pain.

Check out th Rajah link I have a page or two back.  Like I said, the Cold Steel promo videos are long and a bit overdone but they look pretty damn durable!!  Rajah III (smallest)..approx. $65.  The Spartan..$80 Rajah II..$120.  Very affordable! 

always been a big fan of Benchmade and SOG. The CRKT M16 was a pretty good line also. But those are all obvious answers, rite? You want a real slck opener see is you can find a Mach l Lightening. its got a reverse clip on it with a spur on the spine or back of the blade and opens like butter.

I've seen several knives that have that quick draw feature.   Evil
The Mantis Karambit I have does but it takes some practice.  I'd rather not cut myself. 
IIRC..the Rajah II has that feature as well. 

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
DRKWNG
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2010, 09:19:38 AM »

What's up with the terrorist on top of the cake? 
GAAN
« Reply #272 on: November 25, 2010, 09:24:43 AM »

What's up with the terrorist on top of the cake? 

That's Paul Bunyan...
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #273 on: November 25, 2010, 12:59:04 PM »

Speaking of Paul Bunyan and axes, here's a cheap 'hawk......

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/192-3571754-5549762?ref_=sr_1_2&s=power-hand-tools&tag=dealswoot-20&qid=1287745604&a=B000PICTYC&sr=1-2

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
JBubble
« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2010, 11:02:33 PM »

Not quite a knife, but Mother bought me a hatchet thats just my size:

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #275 on: November 27, 2010, 08:15:22 AM »

My cheapo no name everywhere carry..

Hopefully xmas is good and I can get my Legionnaire

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
WarrenJ

« Reply #276 on: December 01, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=667

I see Hogue (known for pistol grips and rifle stocks) is currently offering a line of tactical folders.  They look pretty nice.  Most of them are made from 154CM which is an ok stainless blade steel.  Some of them have machined aluminum handles which are tough but I'm not crazy about them in cold conditions.

It looks like Alan Eleschwitz (sp) is the designer so there is another entry into the tactical folder market.

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2010, 09:48:13 PM »

They have those ^ at my local knife shop.  A couple with the Damascus and also the gold handles.  Not digging either one.  There is one model I would consider though..the G10/Tanto/flat black.  Not a knife I would choose but that's just my own personal taste.  The grind isn't bad and I do like that it has a lock.  So many of the knives I've been looking at don't!   

Jbub..nice hatchet!!  Looks like Mom nominated you as the one who'll be gathering firewood this winter?!  Wink

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

JBubble
« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2010, 11:13:58 PM »

They have those ^ at my local knife shop.  A couple with the Damascus and also the gold handles.  Not digging either one.  There is one model I would consider though..the G10/Tanto/flat black.  Not a knife I would choose but that's just my own personal taste.  The grind isn't bad and I do like that it has a lock.  So many of the knives I've been looking at don't!   

Jbub..nice hatchet!!  Looks like Mom nominated you as the one who'll be gathering firewood this winter?!  Wink

You know it!

I think he actually bought it for himself cause he insists on using it. Something about my aim?  Huh?
 Wink
red baron

« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2010, 08:49:26 AM »

Wel I needed a new yard knife....and wanted something relativly cheap. My Cold Steel Recon Scout rusts too easy now that I've re-ground the profile and thinned the blade so that it cuts much better and deeper.

Anyways I ended up with this off fleebay for $50. shipped. It was sharp outta the box but had a crappy profile on the edge that would not cut very deep on denser/harder wood, so off to the grinder I went.

Now this thing scares me. Evil

It's sporting about a 10" blade that's about 3/16" thick. Makes for a nice short version of a machete with some more weight behind it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:51:05 AM by red baron » Logged

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2010, 10:00:37 AM »

Wel I needed a new yard knife....and wanted something relativly cheap. My Cold Steel Recon Scout rusts too easy now that I've re-ground the profile and thinned the blade so that it cuts much better and deeper.

Anyways I ended up with this off fleebay for $50. shipped. It was sharp outta the box but had a crappy profile on the edge that would not cut very deep on denser/harder wood, so off to the grinder I went.

Now this thing scares me. Evil

It's sporting about a 10" blade that's about 3/16" thick. Makes for a nice short version of a machete with some more weight behind it.

Now THATS a knife!  That will beat a boomerang any day of the week!

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #281 on: December 04, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »

Can't see the pic on the BB. I assume you bought another Cold Steel?  Rajah II?? 

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #282 on: December 04, 2010, 08:13:36 PM »

Can't see the pic on the BB. I assume you bought another Cold Steel?  Rajah II?? 

Kershaw Outcast D2

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #283 on: December 04, 2010, 08:41:22 PM »

Thanks  K.

I just received 4 silver skulls from Midwest Knifemakers. I bought my brother and dad a knives for Christmas and making lanyards for them. Found some videos on youtube. Shouldn't be too difficult.

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

eichh

« Reply #284 on: December 06, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »

I always have one of these belt buckle knives on. It comes out quick and is incredibly handy. I honed it with an 8000 stone and that mofo is like a razor.
http://www.bucklehead.com/index.html
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: