Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 25, 2024, 04:13:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1199 Photo leak!  (Read 82184 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #330 on: October 10, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »

It could be spit from an eagle.

A radioactive eagle on steroids infused with tiger blood.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #331 on: October 10, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »

A radioactive eagle on steroids infused with tiger blood.

But what if it's facing to the left?

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #332 on: October 10, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »

Even...

Worse....!

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
matt922

« Reply #333 on: October 10, 2011, 05:12:55 PM »

they now have 1199 "panigale" on the sbk line up on the site.. coming soon
Howley

« Reply #334 on: October 11, 2011, 04:50:06 AM »

Hooray!! It's back again!
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #335 on: October 11, 2011, 08:55:39 AM »

Back to the 1199 & Gas Charged Forks - they are shown on the bike in this teaser video at the 43s mark:

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »

Back to the 1199 & Gas Charged Forks - they are shown on the bike in this teaser video at the 43s mark:

Almost as cool as this picture... almost.

http://redux.com/stream/item/789086/Laser-Wolves

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #337 on: October 11, 2011, 09:39:10 AM »

that's a left handed guitarist wolf?!

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2011, 06:13:14 PM »

hell for leather is saying 15k service intervals too

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #339 on: October 11, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »

Hooray!! It's back again!

waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #340 on: October 11, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »

hell for leather is saying 15k service intervals too

One huge question is nagging me in the back of my mind.  Considering that the proposed airbox is part of the forward frame section, including the steering neck, and that this whole sub assembly bolts onto the top of the horizontal cylinder and to the top of the vertical cylinder what happens when it comes time to adjust valves..........? Does the whole front & top of the bike have to be stripped off to remove the valve covers?            Just curious...............

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #341 on: October 11, 2011, 10:26:52 PM »

That's the system I had to remove from the Super Duke to keep it from back-firing (quite loudly) every time you let off the throttle. 

Secondary air system is an emission related system. On cars it usually affects the cold engine running and is shut off as engine temps climb to operating temps. Can't speak exactly for the motorcycle system though except that it promises to be another pain in the butt to deal with when it's not working properly.

The vacuum pump in the crankcase is completely different from the secondary air system and mostly reduces internal crank pressures caused by the action of the pistons compressing air in the cases when the pistons travel downward. This vacuum action would reduce crank blow by pressures. Ducati also refers to the vacuum as helping scavange oil back into the lower crank area but I dunno if that is a major design feature or a left over benefit.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Raux
« Reply #342 on: October 11, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »

One huge question is nagging me in the back of my mind.  Considering that the proposed airbox is part of the forward frame section, including the steering neck, and that this whole sub assembly bolts onto the top of the horizontal cylinder and to the top of the vertical cylinder what happens when it comes time to adjust valves..........? Does the whole front & top of the bike have to be stripped off to remove the valve covers?            Just curious...............
if u look closely at the photos u can see the mounting bolts for the front
I'm going to guess thar most of the bike will have to come apart
hopefully the will put connectors for the wiring at easy to reach places
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #343 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:04 AM »

Secondary air system is an emission related system. On cars it usually affects the cold engine running and is shut off as engine temps climb to operating temps. Can't speak exactly for the motorcycle system though except that it promises to be another pain in the butt to deal with when it's not working properly.

Yep.  Burning farts twice.  Air injection systems on cars used to run constantly. On cold starts only since the mid 90's.  Check valves prevent backfire on decel and shifting.

The vacuum pump in the crankcase is completely different from the secondary air system and mostly reduces internal crank pressures caused by the action of the pistons compressing air in the cases when the pistons travel downward. This vacuum action would reduce crank blow by pressures. Ducati also refers to the vacuum as helping scavange oil back into the lower crank area but I dunno if that is a major design feature or a left over benefit. 

More likely necessity.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #344 on: October 12, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »

Secondary air system is an emission related system.

Exactly.  On the LC8, it's there to inject "fresh" air into the exhaust system, post combustion.  That way the gasses coming out the pipe are "cleaner" and the bike passes emission standards.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: