Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 06:21:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 249996 times)
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #390 on: July 19, 2013, 06:21:14 PM »

Yup... I never want to leave.  It's a pull-through garage, as well.  10' and 8' doors on each end.  24' x 96' interior space.  The ceiling is slanted... goes from ~8' tall on the low side to ~14' on the high side.  There's just enough overhead clearance I should be able to squeeze in a Challenger CL10 two-post lift (I'll have to notch the ceiling, but it should fit).  Honestly, if I weren't hoarding cash after layoffs at work a couple months ago, I'd have already bought it.  Maybe I'll be able to relax a little in another couple months...

Anyway, it's part of a barn.  108' x 96' footprint.  3000+ sqft of living space, 2400 sqft garage, and the rest is a barn/gym/multipurpose room in the middle.

Not mine.  I'm not that wealthy, just an average engineer.  It belongs to my father-in-law.  We get to live here as groundskeepers and project managers.  We pay for the maintenance/upkeep, utility bills, and do most of the work.  In exchange, we get to live here for free.  It works out pretty well.  waytogo  It was built as a family gathering/retreat house, so we get to host family and friends several times a year.  Great family, so it's not a burden.

The only downside is the commute is a bit long, and it's 5 miles of gravel road before you get to the paved highway.  I will not have a clean car as long as I live here.  It also means motorcycles are pretty much limited to dual-sports and track day or collectibles that get hauled out in a trailer.  It's a pretty small price to pay for the un-freaking-believable scenery, onsite shooting range, and mantastic garage.

Here's when it was under construction...

Anyway... sorry to threadjack.  Wink  You can probably understand why I'd LOVE to have a small diesel pickup.  Something with enough ground clearance to go have some fun around the farm, can get through deep snow, doesn't matter if it's dirty, and economical enough to commute in.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:27:53 PM by duc_fan » Logged

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2013, 04:01:52 AM »

you guys can have the acreage.

I'd gladly take the 2400 sqft garage with an attached house.

laughingdp

+2

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2013, 06:08:57 AM »

Nice mountian in the background! What part of the Country is that? BTW I love the red chevy!(We're still on topic  Wink )

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2013, 10:42:53 AM »

+2
want my 2100 sq ft one?
it needs a "little" TLC  cheeky

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
duc_fan

« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2013, 09:37:19 PM »

South/central Washington.  That's Mt. Adams.  On a clear day, from a high point on the land, you can see Mt Hood, Mt Adams, and Mt Rainier (and some smaller snow-capped jagged peaks in the central WA Cascades).

Thanks, I like the red Chevy, too. Wink

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

Greg

« Reply #395 on: July 24, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »

Been keeping my eyes open for news regarding diesel trucks being available in the US, and saw that Ford has confirmed it has NO plans to offer a diesel F150. Meanwhile Cummins is working on a 4 cylinder 2.8L diesel with 385 ft/lb torque and 210hp for the 2015 Nissan Titan.

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #396 on: July 24, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »

Been keeping my eyes open for news regarding diesel trucks being available in the US, and saw that Ford has confirmed it has NO plans to offer a diesel F150. Meanwhile Cummins is working on a 4 cylinder 2.8L diesel with 385 ft/lb torque and 210hp for the 2015 Nissan Titan.

That should go into the Nissan Frontier.  The Titan needs a 3.5L class V6 diesel.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Greg

« Reply #397 on: July 24, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »

Not sure how I missed this earlier, looks like there is hope yet for us diesel lovers.

"Chevrolet recently confirmed that a diesel variant will arrive in a non heavy duty pickup in the near future. It will most likely be a Colorado model, although a diesel-powered Silverado isn’t out of the question. The Chevrolet Colorado is offered with diesel engines in other markets outside the U.S"

duc_fan

« Reply #398 on: July 24, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »

If that's an Isuzu engine in a Colorado, I'd take one.  I may be a Chevy guy, but I still don't trust GM to build their own diesels.

Greg

« Reply #399 on: July 24, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »

Says they are Duramax engines. There should be some reliability history on these engines, as they've been selling these diesel Colorados everywhere except the US for the last couple of years.

J5

I'm here to fix zee fridge

« Reply #400 on: July 24, 2013, 10:45:56 AM »

Says they are Duramax engines. There should be some reliability history on these engines, as they've been selling these diesel Colorados everywhere except the US for the last couple of years.

only since late last year has the thai built colorado had the duramax

this was when the new shape was introduced

the old model and the current isuzu dmax has the isuzu motor

sadly i dont think you will see the isuzu in the USA ?

it gave me great pleasure seeing a mate buy the isuzu over the colorado
after the crap i had with holden service

i dont care if you have been a mechanic for 10 years doing something for a long time does not make you good at it, take my gf for an example shes been walking for 28 years and still manages to fall over all the time.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #401 on: July 24, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »

Not sure how I missed this earlier, looks like there is hope yet for us diesel lovers.

"Chevrolet recently confirmed that a diesel variant will arrive in a non heavy duty pickup in the near future. It will most likely be a Colorado model, although a diesel-powered Silverado isn’t out of the question. The Chevrolet Colorado is offered with diesel engines in other markets outside the U.S"

They already announced they would use the 2.8L Duramax in the Cadillac...

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/01/breaking-cadillac-ats-to-offer-diesel-engine/

Also, I wonder how much of the push into GM with smaller engines is motivated by a desire not to lose Isuzu as a partner..

http://www.automotiveworld.com/analysis/80096-us-isuzu-seeks-review-of-dmax-jv-with-gm/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:24:34 AM by ducatiz » Logged

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Triple J
« Reply #402 on: July 24, 2013, 11:29:05 AM »

Seems odd for Cummins to put a motor in a Nissan when they supply the motors for Dodge already. A diesel Titan and Ram 1500 would be direct competitors. More choices though.  waytogo
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #403 on: July 24, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »

Seems odd for Cummins to put a motor in a Nissan when they supply the motors for Dodge already. A diesel Titan and Ram 1500 would be direct competitors. More choices though.  waytogo

Even weirder since Nissan makes their own diesel and these engines pass EU and Swiss specs . . .

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #404 on: July 24, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »

Chicken tax.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: