Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 24, 2024, 03:20:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soooo...what do you all think  (Read 61275 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2013, 12:18:15 AM »

Sad but true.
Maybe there can be an addition to the FS section that warns non sponsor vendor/opportunists that they'll get banned rather than a post count. Then it will be up to any members vigilant enough to care to lag 'em in to the mods. Maybe the members should take more responsibility to inform the mods and even direct people to a more appropriate venue. This may be more of a deterrant to those types rather than some random, innocent or naive FS post from a newbie who wouldn't make the post count.
So I'm rethinking it.

As an example: nice work recently on your part (and nice Ali shuffle) Grin. I saw it and went back to deal with it but you beat me to it. Glad you did, because my footwork ain't as good. I think this is an example of what I'm suggesting. If the opportunist doesn't respond positively then lag 'em in to the Inquisitor (DP)  Evil  laughingdp. Newbies innocently posting in FS dont get discouraged or feel snobbed (we want to grow the cult, I mean forum), but those with more cynical motives get exposed.

If the members love the forum, the members should protect the forum!

Ah shit, I got carried away, but you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:26:32 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2013, 03:33:50 AM »

Tony... even though I do think I know where you're coming from.....you lost me a little there ^^   Huh?

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2013, 04:45:08 AM »

1. To sum up, we should go easy on innocent newbies and warn or ban cynical opportunists.

2. Members be vigilant in reporting violations of the rules.

3. A warning about this at the top of the FS section.

I did vote for 50 posts if the mods go that way. I'm just wondering if it might be a bit of a blunt instrument.

I was referring to your excellent intervention in the FS section which was well balanced and a great example of how to do it.

Clearly I got a bit excited (and brain addled after five night shifts) Smiley
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:55:57 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2013, 08:53:36 PM »

I'll toss my opinion in...

I just now saw this thread and voted for no limit.

We'll say, hypothetically of course, that there is a member who has no interest in contributing to the community here other than offering parts for sale and trying to make money.

I occasionally browse the parts for sale section, just to see if there's anything for sale that I need or want.  Part of my browsing there isn't even about looking for anything to buy, I just enjoy looking at what people are selling.

If someone has something they're looking to sell, I don't want them to be unable to post it for sale here just because they don't have the requisite post count.  It could be something I want, but don't necessarily need and wouldn't start a WTB thread for.

I don't make a habit of window shopping the for sale sections of other forums (mostly because I don't go to other bike forums, because compared to the DMF they're not very good), and I only check ebay for specific parts that I actually need.

So I say let them post their ads.

If they don't post the info you're looking for, back out of their thread and move along to the next one.

Or, alternately, give them a hard time about not posting a thorough description and not being good about answering questions and not posting pictures of their parts.  Personally, I find reading that sort of thing very amusing and get a great deal of pleasure from it.

But don't prevent anyone from posting things they have for sale, because we might miss out on some good stuff.

But that's just my opinion, so feel free to ignore it if your differs.  My vote's in the ballot box.

waytogo

The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2013, 02:37:04 AM »

If they don't post the info you're looking for, back out of their thread and move along to the next one.

Or, alternately, give them a hard time about not posting a thorough description and not being good about answering questions and not posting pictures of their parts.  Personally, I find reading that sort of thing very amusing and get a great deal of pleasure from it.

But don't prevent anyone from posting things they have for sale, because we might miss out on some good stuff.

^^^
All of this

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2013, 03:09:02 AM »

Time limit is an option I looked for, say 1 month.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #216 on: September 02, 2013, 03:42:02 AM »

As informative and amusing as this all is...and while to those that it matters there is a clear preference to require post minimums to sell...

With about 1% participation it's obvious that there is not sufficient support by the membership as a whole to make those changes at this time.

So continue to treat these one hit wonders as you always have, or at least keep the admonitions civil should you decide to tool on someone. Grin

There have been some good suggestions regarding other requirements like location, price, etc. and I will be adding those requirements to the sticky in each for sale board.

Thanks to everyone that participated.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: