Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 02:31:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514573 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #615 on: April 16, 2009, 11:46:33 PM »

Tried to swim today, against my better judgment.  My shoulder held up okay for a little while, but once it went bad, it went fast.  I dunno.

Now, I am hungry.

I was wondering about that. You're not supposed to ride a motorcycle but it's OK to swim & run? Or not?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #616 on: April 17, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »

friday, yay! just waitin' on my travel packet....
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #617 on: April 17, 2009, 07:27:25 PM »

I was wondering about that. You're not supposed to ride a motorcycle but it's OK to swim & run? Or not?
It's all kinda up in the air right now while I await my MRI results.  I'm theoretically allowed to do anything as long as it doesn't hurt.  I hadn't tried swimming yet, and it didn't hurt, at least at first.  I can jog, and that's okay, but if my arms really start swinging, it hurts.  I rode my mtn/commuter bike to work, and, as long as i was just cruising and not pulling on the bars much, it was ok.  But that is a really upright seating position, and it was only for like 20 minutes. 

I'm not running tomorrow, though. It's a 90 min trail run, and I'm pretty sure that's going to cause bad stuff.  I will swing by the shop, though.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #618 on: April 17, 2009, 07:27:45 PM »

friday, yay! just waitin' on my travel packet....

When do you head out?

DRKWNG
« Reply #619 on: April 18, 2009, 08:16:58 AM »

Damn Tristo!  Had no idea your arm/shoulder/torso/upper region was giving you so much grief.  What brought all this on?

Didn't do much out of the ordinary over here today.  Built some products and am about to go to my "hole" and smoke for a while...
teddy037.2
« Reply #620 on: April 18, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »

When do you head out?

sunday night, 9:30-ish
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #621 on: April 18, 2009, 07:42:51 PM »

Damn Tristo!  Had no idea your arm/shoulder/torso/upper region was giving you so much grief.  What brought all this on?

No idea.

Didn't do much out of the ordinary over here today.  Built some products and am about to go to my "hole" and smoke for a while...

Back in yer smokin' hole, boy!

teddy037.2
« Reply #622 on: April 18, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »

god, I hate shopping.

but, I do have professional looking digs for next week.  I get to play grown-up ^_^
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #623 on: April 22, 2009, 10:54:38 PM »

Got the clip on risers from Motowheels today. The weekend plan is to redo the front end on the Monster. We're getting close to spot on men!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #624 on: April 23, 2009, 04:05:41 AM »

You will hopefully be getting a few packages from Motowheels for me in the near future, and maybe even some fork legs.   [moto]
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #625 on: April 23, 2009, 08:30:32 AM »

You will hopefully be getting a few packages from Motowheels for me in the near future, and maybe even some fork legs.   [moto]

That, sir, will cost you storage.  drink drink

BTW, speaking in an offhand way of 999's, the guy that bought my old 999 is offering it back to me. Of course, unless the Suzuki goes, that isn't up for discussion. However......and then I have to remind myself why I sold it in the first place. (Well, because you found somebody to buy it - you dummy  laughingdp) That has set me to thinking, but probably not too clearly.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 09:03:44 AM by mac900 » Logged

DRKWNG
« Reply #626 on: April 23, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »

That is a debt that I will gladly pay.   chug

And thinking of the 999 again are you?  Well, you already reminded yourself why you got rid of it, so I don't need to go down that road with you.  As much as you loved that bike, I think we all did, I would almost say it's best to not go back down that road.  You have already sampled other things and your memory of it is probably fonder than how you would feel if you took it back. 

Besides, you have to get an 848.  Cheesy
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #627 on: April 23, 2009, 05:54:57 PM »

If only I were ignorant of the year of problems that bike sat thru, I would pretend I was Mac and buy it.  But, I am not ignorant (of this, at least), which is probably good.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #628 on: April 23, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »

You have already sampled other things and your memory of it is probably fonder than how you would feel if you took it back. 

Kind of like an old girlfriend, huh?  The sex was good but man was she ever a pain in the butt.  laughingdp

DRKWNG
« Reply #629 on: April 24, 2009, 01:14:23 AM »

Kind of like an old girlfriend, huh?  The sex was good but man was she ever a pain in the butt.  laughingdp

Exactly.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: