Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 02:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536401 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #3405 on: January 28, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »

No one seems to have any idea what the make the beast with two backs is going on.  I am technically in a non-deployable billet, but yet somehow I get pulled for a lengthy one?  I was told that it was a by-name-request, but the guys down there don't do that sort of thing without actually talking to you about it first, as they don't want someone whose heart isn't "in it" on their team...  None of this makes any sense...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3406 on: January 28, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »

Is it April?

nope.

I got nuthin.  Good luck.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3407 on: January 28, 2011, 09:01:32 PM »

No.  Received an email today outlining how I am expected to show up at Ft Bragg on Monday, to start my way through the training queue...  Which would then turn into a 365 day deployment.  Funny thing is, no one at big AF knows anything about this, and no orders have been cut...

well that sucks...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3408 on: January 28, 2011, 10:02:49 PM »

You can't go! !  Obviously they have the wrong Ben!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3409 on: January 29, 2011, 12:04:19 AM »

No one seems to have any idea what the make the beast with two backs is going on.  I am technically in a non-deployable billet, but yet somehow I get pulled for a lengthy one?  I was told that it was a by-name-request, but the guys down there don't do that sort of thing without actually talking to you about it first, as they don't want someone whose heart isn't "in it" on their team...  None of this makes any sense...

Could this be what happens when you piss off a superior in a D.C. post?  This realization may be dawning upon you.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3410 on: January 29, 2011, 02:57:58 AM »

Could this be what happens when you piss off a superior in a D.C. post?  This realization may be dawning upon you.

I don't think that's the case at all because of two things. First, no one here in DC knew anything about it until yesterday afternoon. Second, all the folks that I work with/for here are pissed the make the beast with two backs off about this as well; so much so that my office director is flying down to San Antonio on Sunday to speak with the two star about it first thing Monday morning. The AF personnel guys down ran me through their system and said that I am not showing up in their database at all, but yet the AF guys in San Antonio think I am. The only that makes any sense at all is that some fool in Texas put my name into the slot, then noticed that I am non-deployable an removed me, but certain processes wer automatically set into motion simply because my name was allocated. Sad thing is, like I said before, no one knows WTF is going on. And all this only adds to the reality that I just need to get the make the beast with two backs out of the air force...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3411 on: January 29, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »

So then I take it that you are not packing your bags in the next day or so.

DRKWNG
« Reply #3412 on: January 30, 2011, 06:02:16 AM »

So then I take it that you are not packing your bags in the next day or so.

No.  My office director is flying down to San Antonio today and intends to bring this up with the three-star first thing tomorrow morning.  Like I said before, no one seems to have a clue what they're talking about and it really wouldn't surprise me if the guys in San Antonio make the beast with two backsed things up, as this would be far from the first time they proved themselves incompetent... 
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3413 on: January 30, 2011, 06:56:20 AM »

... two star ...
...three-star...

Sorry to ask, but, is the person your boss gonna speak to a two or three star? And again, just making sure is a typo ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
« Reply #3414 on: January 30, 2011, 07:42:02 AM »

She was going to talk with the two, but from yesterday she said she's going straight to the three.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3415 on: January 30, 2011, 08:04:58 AM »

OK ... issue cleared ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3416 on: January 30, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »

OK ... issue cleared ...

You think so?   Grin

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3417 on: January 30, 2011, 09:07:35 AM »

You think so?   Grin

Ok, my issue with the confussion of the two/three star ... the rest ... still confusing but, it seems it getting worked on ...

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3418 on: January 30, 2011, 11:12:29 AM »

Just saying that it's the military and that sometimes you never know............  Wink

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3419 on: January 30, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »

Installed a Heal Pro gear position indicator yesterday on the 848.  Jury rigged a mounting for it & got it calibrated.  The calibration process is a bit tricky since you do need a bit of straight road without slow traffic. So heading out on H1 on a Sat afternoon wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done but with a couple resets it started working properly.

Got a little more work done on Fredericks Monster but ran out of proper implements to get a remote fuel source hooked up to the carbs.

Procured said needed implements this morning but with an unusual lack of foresight on my part I still need some more pieces to get this test set up working.   bang head  bang head

So I proceeded to fabricate a better mounting bracket for the Heal Pro.  This is the Mark 1 version:

As I wrapped that up I noticed that our beautiful day was now overcast with some dark, nasty stuff coming in from the south.  The plan today was to bring the 848 home and then go back later for the 240D.  As I left the shop it was plain to me that it would be a race over the Pali to beat the rain. I got as far as the South St./Kapiolani/King St. intersection before I noticed downtown disappearing and big drops falling on me.  Made two illegal rights on red, back down to Cooke St., missed the light crossing Kapiolani so hooked a right on Kapiolani and then a gonzo U-turn through the cars waiting at the light and then blasted down Cooke back to the shop. I was getting a bit wet but made it back inside before the wicked, full on drenching stuff hit.  laughingdp  laughingdp

Brought the 240D home and now have 3 Ducs at the shop.  Boss-ski was there putting his new Pinerello together and he was laughing too.

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: