Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 08:16:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535946 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3675 on: April 11, 2011, 09:51:30 PM »

Right now, the SC.  But who knows what the future would bring.

You do realize I'm talking about the R&Ts, right? 

Hell, I don't know about that..... you think the SC is worthy of such fine hardware? Wait, I guess you do 'cause you put those fancy carbon hoops on it.  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3676 on: April 12, 2011, 02:03:34 AM »

Well, depending how how tall the tubes are, and if it would allow me to set the bike up with the triples a little higher on the forks than they are now.  The Ohlins shock that I'm looking at allows me to get the rear end about half an inch higher, which I would like.  Just need to get able to raise the front accordingly.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3677 on: April 12, 2011, 08:36:48 AM »

Here's another thing. The R&T has an option to extend their length, something to do with a track option. Something that no one said anything about to me and I had to read in the manual. I could have had Dan Kyle set that up at the outset and then I wouldn't have had that ride height issue. So as they are set up now I don't know if they would be longer than what you already have. It'd be fun to measure & compare sometime. I don't think we ever did that while you were here. When I decide to send them back for service I'll request the extension.

Kicking the rear end up on that SC? Careful there. You're already nose down and that will change things, maybe not for the better. Half an inch in the back might not be so bad though but I know what you mean about getting the front up a bit.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3678 on: April 12, 2011, 12:47:16 PM »

Kicking the rear end up on that SC? Careful there. You're already nose down and that will change things, maybe not for the better. Half an inch in the back might not be so bad though but I know what you mean about getting the front up a bit.

I know, I know.  That's why I'm entertaining the idea of new/different forks first.  The bike is a bit too low at the moment, but I've got to be able to drop the fork tubes in the triple before I even think about raising the rear end up.  Having said that though, I guess I could always get some sort of spacer made for the top of the lower triple, as the top triple still has TONS of fork tube to grab hold of...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3679 on: April 12, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »

I know, I know.  That's why I'm entertaining the idea of new/different forks first.  The bike is a bit too low at the moment, but I've got to be able to drop the fork tubes in the triple before I even think about raising the rear end up.  Having said that though, I guess I could always get some sort of spacer made for the top of the lower triple, as the top triple still has TONS of fork tube to grab hold of...

please excuse my budging into this particular converstaion, but, what about ST forks, they're longer by about 4 cms ... and are Showa if my mind don't play tricks on me and I have read the instructional threads good ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3680 on: April 12, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »

No worries Carlos.  I've got modified 999 forks on the SC already.  The only real reason I'm not happy with them is because the clamping area on the fork tubes don't really match up with the SpeedyMoto triples that are on the bike.  It would be nice if I could drop the forks a bit further down, to raise the front end up a touch. 

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3681 on: April 12, 2011, 02:47:50 PM »

No worries Carlos.  I've got modified 999 forks on the SC already.  The only real reason I'm not happy with them is because the clamping area on the fork tubes don't really match up with the SpeedyMoto triples that are on the bike.  It would be nice if I could drop the forks a bit further down, to raise the front end up a touch. 

you sort of got my 'dream' forks ... but as said, wouldn't the ST forks since longer be modified to your specs and this way you would be able to raise the front at least 30mm ... and leave 10mm as an 'escape route' ...

now, if i had the $$ i would try to get a set of showa forks, replace the fork legs and install 'radial caliper' fork legs and install radial calipers to my monster .. but, first, get paid, second, enjoy what i have on me monster and third ... save for either a sbk or a ss ... might end up getting an adventure bike so that the wife can ride ... jajajaja

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3682 on: April 12, 2011, 11:07:27 PM »

Yeah, I remember now. It wasn't like we chose that ride height in the front, we had to use it because of the spacing/taper on the fork wall outer diameter. It all comes back to me. I could always measure the stock forks for the 848. Make you a deal maybe I might. Hmmmm.........

WillS

« Reply #3683 on: April 13, 2011, 12:07:35 AM »

i got long forks on my sp   

http://www.electraeon.com/throttlecam.html
anyway, installed one of these today my my bike, awesome.
i never thought i would like a quick turn throttle. i got it because of other bike injuries i can't flex my wrist very much back, so for full throttle i always have to roll fingers, drop an elbow, or "pre-wind" my grip. so i decided to get one.
i love it, and it isn't as twitchy as i thought it would be. a must try, even if your wrist is ok, but not is it's limp.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3684 on: April 13, 2011, 12:19:38 AM »

just recieved some meat loaf from the girl.

and just to make sure in case it was spiked w/roofies, I locked the door after she left.  laughingdp

ok. but seriously though... she cooked me meat loaf! how am I supposed to interpret this sort of thing???

hard to say... any more info on said girl?

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3685 on: April 13, 2011, 01:14:13 AM »

hard to say... any more info on said girl?

Quoting Teddy from three years ago?

I could always measure the stock forks for the 848. Make you a deal maybe I might. Hmmmm.........

You could, but I'm more interested in the R&Ts.   Grin

Besides, I'd still have to set up the 848 forks AND get new calipers for them. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:18:09 AM by DRKWNG » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3686 on: April 13, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »

Quoting Teddy from three years ago?

You could, but I'm more interested in the R&Ts.   Grin

Besides, I'd still have to set up the 848 forks AND get new calipers for them. 

Yeah, WTH with the Teddy quote? ? ? ?

But Squirrel Killer you'd still have to get calipers for the R&Ts anyway.      cheeky

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3687 on: April 13, 2011, 11:29:47 AM »

Hey guys, BMW tech question, customer has 330i 4 dr with sport suspension, needs to replace front shocks but each OEM shock costs here, $750.00 and are special order; from Bilstein, which model would be the exact match for these shocks?

Thanks ...

PS car has Sport Suspension not M Suspension
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:10:34 PM by Darkmonster620 » Logged

Carlos
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3688 on: April 13, 2011, 12:22:34 PM »

But Squirrel Killer you'd still have to get calipers for the R&Ts anyway.      cheeky

Who cares? I'd have R&Ts!!    Cheesy

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3689 on: April 13, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »

Who cares? I'd have R&Ts!!    Cheesy

What are R&T?

Carlos
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: