Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 02:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535848 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3765 on: May 20, 2011, 11:03:18 PM »

Troublemaker............STFU   Grin

There's comfort and then there is rideability.  All test rides report that the Brutale is a handfull.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3766 on: May 21, 2011, 03:07:35 AM »

There's comfort and then there is rideability. All test rides report that the Brutale is a handfull.

Laughn always said that the Brutale was the only bike he ever regretted selling. That speaks volumes about it handles to me, as he always seemed to have a different bimbo on the back of it.  

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3767 on: May 21, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »

Laughn always said that the Brutale was the only bike he ever regretted selling. That speaks volumes about it handles to me, as he always seemed to have a different bimbo on the back of it.  

Just sayin' that the early ones had even worse fueling issues than the Ducatis and even though they are smoother now they are still fire breathin' rip snorting machines. Reportedly even more so than the Streetfighter. Gene opted for smoother bottom end on his bike but passed on the available more powerful midrange & top end maps. They are indeed handsome bikes but you also have to like the I4 engine. Plus, who's going to work on them over here? Me?  Evil Evil

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3768 on: May 21, 2011, 03:36:45 PM »

Spent a portion of my morning getting a 998 cam belt change education with Mark.  waytogo  waytogo Very enlightening.  Thanks M.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3769 on: May 21, 2011, 04:15:50 PM »

Plus, who's going to work on them over here? Me?  Evil Evil

Yep   waytogo

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3770 on: May 21, 2011, 04:37:08 PM »

Stopped by GP Cycles in San Diego this afternoon and oogled their badass collection of bikes, including F4s, 990 Butales, RSVs, Shivers, RC8s, SDs, 1198 SPs, etc...the Brutale was more comfy that my SF... Grin

I have a GP Cycles T-shirt. Probably as close as I'll get to any of those bikes.  laughingdp

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3771 on: May 21, 2011, 04:42:52 PM »

I have a GP Cycles T-shirt. Probably as close as I'll get to any of those bikes.  laughingdp

Picked up one of those in red, they were out of my size in black...and as much as I lust for an MV I'm happy with my SF... waytogo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3772 on: May 21, 2011, 04:43:12 PM »

Thank you!  waytogo

Bike is back in one piece and the fires are lit.  Spent a couple extra minutes adjusting the chain but I'm gearing up for a ride out now.

Is it possible those relays are for the fans?  Might explain why I cooked out so fast in traffic.

The wiring diagram that I have for the '01 model shows a fan relay and the picture shows it as being part of that box of relays. Now it comes down to doing electrical testing. Are you good at that? You most definitely need those fans working and if I were you I wouldn't ride it until they are working reliably.  Just sayin.......

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3773 on: May 21, 2011, 04:45:27 PM »

Thank you!  waytogo

Bike is back in one piece and the fires are lit.  Spent a couple extra minutes adjusting the chain but I'm gearing up for a ride out now.

Is it possible those relays are for the fans?  Might explain why I cooked out so fast in traffic.

Wish I had been around for the belt change, I love being edumacated... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3774 on: May 21, 2011, 07:17:52 PM »

Wish I had been around for the belt change, I love being edumacated... Grin

I think it's pretty safe to say that you'll get your chance.............

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3775 on: May 21, 2011, 07:22:07 PM »

New relays and the rubber holder have been ordeed from Pro-Italia.  The bike is still on the stand waiting for them.  I actuallythink they're blinkers L&R.

The turn signal relay is a one relay deal and has a 3 prong connection. Don't know where it is actually located yet.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3776 on: May 22, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »

While you are at it here are some more goodies I highly recommend:

Sorry, you will have to cut & paste the whole address into an address bar otherwise the link will not work properly.  These are the fans and the low temp switch I was telling you about. Worth every penny.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=1218|748%2F916%2F996%2F998%20Superbike&productID=2220&showDetail=1&categoryID=1316|748%2F916%2F996%2F998%20Electrical%20%26%20Lighting&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168|European%20Motorcycle%20Parts

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=1051|748%2F916%2F996%2F998%20Engine%20%26%20Performance&productID=462&showDetail=1&categoryID=1057|748%2F916%2F996%2F998%20Engine%20Cooling&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168|European%20Motorcycle%20Parts

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:07:47 PM by MadDuck » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3777 on: May 22, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »

Just heard that the offer I made for a town house, in old town Occoquan, was accepted.  WOOHOO!!

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3778 on: May 22, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »

Just heard that the offer I made for a town house, in old town Occoquan, was accepted.  WOOHOO!!

You're buying a house here?  ?

That should make for some strange parties.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:04:04 PM by jebus tristos » Logged

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3779 on: May 22, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »

Here?  Are you up here yet?

And yes, I sure am.

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: